test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

change yesterday: combat rework, bonding exchange, companion rework

xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
Combat rework: people find it generally harder to complete dungeons which they could complete easily before. There are always end game players who have enough resources and they can still finish tomm/zariel easily so they won’t complain. However, for new and medium level players, it will be 2x harder for them to complete tomm/zariel, even after they spend a lot of resources to cap stats. If with the new system and new mod, most people find it much harder to do old content It doesn’t make sense will make a lot of people upset.

Bonding exchange: people who have a lot of resources made millions of AD by bonding exchange. They profit more from the fact that they buy out every cheap stuff in AH and inflated AH price of most useful stuff (All useful items in general 1.5x-2x higher Price now). New players who doesn’t have a lot of resources will find the game economy less friendly to them.

Companion rework: everyone need to replace most of their companions and buy a lot of companion tokens because the stats rework. This inflated the price of many common companions and companion token packs. In general you may need to 30m+ for companion if you want to make your stats optimum again. It might be ok for new players since they need to buy anyway, but for veteran players soon they will find out the profit they get from bonding exchange can’t afford to all the new stuff they need.

To summarize, there is a lot of panic in the market and complain about the combat system except for probably the server top players. For new players they find everything get higher price and they can’t get their ZEN/vip fast enough because of the ZAX bump. For most veteran players They need to spend tons for recap and soon they will find they are out of resources, when they try to grind tomm/zariel they will find out it takes too long/tries to complete them. Only the server top 1%-3% players will find it no big problem for all content. So the game in general will become more p2w and not new players friendly, and most medium level players will find it much harder to access to same contentand may become upset when they realize it.

The reason for the such panic And upset is the extent of change. Anything that change the combat/market fundamentally will Inevitably leads to chaos, unless its very clear that such fundamental change will benifit most people. That is why most mmo games prefer small patch little by little instead of one big patch. Now the time leaves to cryptic is not much since they will have a lot to do before more people realize they are worse off and get upset. A new mod should generally be an Small upgrade To everyone and make everyone feel better With some decent amount of efforts but clearly this is not the case for NW. I would suggest cryptic find some ways to make the economy more healthier and less pay to win fo new players as well as rework the combat to make most content friendly to medium level players without forcing them to spend dozens of millions AD.

There are some suggestions I made: set a deadline for bonding exchange, change zen AD ratio to 1000:1, make power and crit/crit severity more useful by removing the cap, change the defense formula back or make the cap to 80% so end game boss won’t hit too hard, remove boss CA, etc.

I hope cryptic can learn the lesson that no such big patch should be implemented at one time, and build the stone little by little instead so the game will turn better in the future.

Comments

• Options
    vetis17vetis17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    New Player here just joined was having fun had a small group from work playing .. played last night after the patch got my HAMSTER hand3ed to me repeatedly.. thinking Im not wasting any more time or money now.
  • Options
    vetis17 said:

New Player here just joined was having fun had a small group from work playing .. played last night after the patch got my HAMSTER hand3ed to me repeatedly.. thinking Im not wasting any more time or money now.

glad u having fun so far, its just more grind/resources you need to reach end-game now, u will see when you keep upgrading your toons.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    xvimn134 said:

vetis17 said:

glad u having fun so far, its just more grind/resources you need to reach end-game now, u will see when you keep upgrading your toons.
    I'm curious, how is a new player going to upgrade anything, when most of them can't even join Random Dungeon Queues to actually earn Rough Astral Diamonds right now?
    Yes, you need a 15k IL for RDQ, try getting that on a new level 15-20 character without any help...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited January 2021

get level 80 first, get daily 100k AD with rtq, req, finish as many compaign as possible to get get boons thats what new player should do. Unfortuntely with the new combat and economy it is much harder to finish rtq, req now, one of the hardest dungeon "TIC" has been added to the req list, and boss in most dungeons hit much harder than before the change. In general it is much less friendly for new players. And to get end-game now people need more AD now due to extra companion stuff and price inflation. Without spending real money, these process will take much longer for new players compared with before the change.
  • Options
    feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Every rebalancing upsets things. It's kind of necessary to keep things from getting stale.

Market upsets aren't a bad thing either. My fancy Radiant Rank 15 enchantments are now "useless". HAMSTER happens. In return, my multi-stat enchantments that turned useless last rework are useful again.

It's also these market upsets that allow new players to make money. That's how I used to make enough to be able to upgrade: prepare for upsets like mods, reworks, events, etc. Buy low, sell high. There are always plenty of people who want the best and latest now and are willing to pay extra.

I for one hope they keep the stat caps. I really like that building your char is now more than just mindless power stacking. That was always annoyingly limiting.

I agree however that dungeons being much harder should be addressed and I'm pretty sure it will be. Always has been in the past. The AD/zen economy being out of whack is true, too.
  • Options
    louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Forget about doing endgame dungeons for now, at 53K/54 K IL and all mounts and companions at max, I couldn't even pass the first boss in IC, it was not that hard before the patch, besides the game keep crashing which never happen before.
  • Options
    ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User

Forget about doing endgame dungeons for now, at 53K/54 K IL and all mounts and companions at max, I couldn't even pass the first boss in IC, it was not that hard before the patch, besides the game keep crashing which never happen before.

And not just end game. Experienced level 80 groups are dying in the freaking Cloak Tower and in Cragmire. It is taking a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of potions to survive it, and it’s just not worth the rewards they give.
  • Options
    my feel after trying out tomm: seems after yesterday's patch boss damage is even higher if not the same. In general halaster do 2x damage compared with before combat rework, even everyone optimized their stats.

dps also do less damage i would say around 1/3-1/2 less damage compared with before combat rework, for end-game players should be just fine may not for medium level players they will feel lack damage in end-game trial.

Please fix mobs/boss damage