test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I really gotta ask...

What’s the deal with taking away things players have played hard to upgrade using in-game or real world currency? First it was professions, which caused a lot of players to abandon the game, myself included. I come back and see that some of my mounts have to have insignias replaced as well as some gear and now I’m reading Bonding Runestones are going to be gone? To be traded for lesser items? Not to mention I’m outright missing a couple mounts that were bound to character. Like, they are not in my stable or collections and I know for a fact that I owned them.

And what’s with this pay-to-win zen store? I saw it coming with legacy campaign by-outs for alt characters (I have 8) then with pre-made lvl 70. But seems it’s gotten way worse.

I’ve read these combat changes that are incoming and I’m like, this is why I left. We all played hard to build our characters only to have it ripped from us for whatever unknown reasons. Who asked for these changes anyway?

What’s worse is there are no bug fixes or performance updates in the PC patch which implies console won’t have any either. Performance is suffering hard on PS4 right now. Stuff not loading, like the ground for instance, or walls, there is major lag, several pop-in’s. And before anyone suggest it’s my network. 300mbps Up/Dn, AT&T fiber connection, wired to router and all other games and apps work great. Including another MMO that has a much, much larger active player base. It’s not my network. It’s the game server performance.

So what’s the reasoning behind these changes and not having any performance updates? What’s the goal here? Who asked for these? Is this just the devs doing what THEY want (of course it’s their game) regardless of what the community is asking for? I’m not here to rant, I’m just asking as a returning player for some understanding in these decisions.

... Just seems to me the focus is on the wrong aspect of the game. I’m a day 1 player and spite the issues from launch, it seems this game keeps digging itself deeper. Pushing out vet players who’ve learned the hard way in hopes that new players who don’t know any better will spend money. I still see a lot of players (several on high horses I might add) but looks like this might be a dying game.
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I guess you are gone for a long time. Legacy buyout and pre-made level 70 have existed for years. You are the day 1 player who missed several 'changed everything' iterations already.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

I guess you are gone for a long time. Legacy buyout and pre-made level 70 have existed for years. You are the day 1 player who missed several 'changed everything' iterations already.

Yup I second that. I just got used to the idea. Been with this game since 6 years now. Nothing new.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I left when they reworked professions for the same reason hundreds of others left. I came back to check out an update that had to do with... acquisitions? Seemed like it was meant for lower level players and since I was already capped on 8 characters I only stayed for a couple days then left again. Not to mention I didn’t care for the npc characters name or the voice acting. There was another issue that bugged me too and further pushed me to leave the game. Had to do with a stream that was being hosted. I think a lot of players where upset about it too because it wasn’t an actual Neverwinter content creator. The last time I have logged in any of my characters was near the end of 2018. So anything that happened over the last 2 years I missed.

I just started playing again within the last couple weeks and I’m still catching up with gear. I did complete a few new zone stories and I’m working towards the last of the boons but haven’t tried the new dungeons yet and I’m still learning about the newer hunts. My gear iL is only 26k, hunter warden. But after reading these new changes coming I’m wondering if it’s even worth catching up?

I mean, I loved the game back then and there was less pop-in issues. But now, jeez, no floor, no walls, no staircases, invisible NPC’s, lag in inventory menu, lag putting stuff in guild coffer, etc etc. Then combat rework, no bondings, remove and replace Sharandar and all the other stuff. Oh, and I’m missing a couple mounts that were bound. Most specifically the whirlwind mounts I had from a lockbox a long time ago. I might even have video still of me using them. Now, they aren’t even in my collections, or stable. Like, wtf?

Change is ok. Change is good. But this seems like a whole lot that no one asked for.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    burnfin01#3796 burnfin01 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Get ready for next mod ugh.