test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantments BINDING on account when removing from gear

darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
I removed 8 radiants 15 from gear and now 4 of them are BIND TO ACCOUNT. What is this?
Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
Caturday Survivor
Elemental Evil Survivor
Undermontain Survivor
Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Comments

• Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    you must have forgotten that you had bound radiants from before thru anniversary events or thru the previous enchantment exchange, or thru free stuff from reclaim vendor ages ago, no?
  • Options
    No, I never traded enchants, I only have bound enchants those they gave to us, but somehow, I double checked in gear they were un bound, but when removing some of them got BtA status. Silly
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

No, I never traded enchants, I only have bound enchants those they gave to us, but somehow, I double checked in gear they were un bound, but when removing some of them got BtA status. Silly

Silly, wrong, or working as intended...you make the call.
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    You can still exchange them I think . Chris just made a post about radiant and empowered exchange
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

i'm still leaning on the side that these ones were the one you got from the game but might have forgotten. did you try slotting them again and rechecking the bound status if its shows when you just hover your mouse on the enchants while equipped?

But in case that there was magic done to your enchantments, keep this thread open if others experience the same too.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

i'm still leaning on the side that these ones were the one you got from the game but might have forgotten. did you try slotting them again and rechecking the bound status if its shows when you just hover your mouse on the enchants while equipped?

But in case that there was magic done to your enchantments, keep this thread open if others experience the same too.
    When I put them again on gear, the bind status dissapears. But removing again marks them BtA again. It something weird. Lets see if I am the only one. I still have 3 orange bags that became bound when they were in the bank. NW magic.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    This has always been this way for enchantments. It hides the bind stats once equipped. Runestones do not hide their status when equipped(at least bondings didn't, they would show bound to account)

I always kept my bound stuff on 1 toon and in gear slots in order so I could keep track of them. Over the years I think I acquired also 4 bound enchants. Until using the exchange yesterday for a few, now I have more :(
  • Options
    krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    I can confirm that unbound runestones have become Bound to Account upon removal from comp gear. These were runestones just mailed to me from a friend this week, for those that want to say I forgot their bind status. This issue is 100% confirmed. They were absolutely unbound and now have become Bound to Account. This is completely unacceptable!
  • Options
    krutzebacherkrutzebacher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    ok to chime in on this

I had the same issue on my dc some weeks ago

now today I unslotted a total of 4 previously unbound r15 empowered runestones on my main barbarian and now they are bound to account !

And no, they were definitively unbound before as I moved all bound enchants/runestones to an alt and only upgraded unbound enchants and runestones on my main toon anyway.

This change of binding basically makes them 100 % worthless and I am really upset about this.

I submitted a ticket (403.990) but do not expect anything happening from that.

Just want to warn everyone to not unslot anything unbound - how to adapt to new system that way is beyond me though

A now very angry barbarian named Srar

• Options
    arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by arran#4326 on
  • Options
    krutzebacherkrutzebacher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User

ok to chime in on this

I had the same issue on my dc some weeks ago

now today I unslotted a total of 4 previously unbound r15 empowered runestones on my main barbarian and now they are bound to account !

And no, they were definitively unbound before as I moved all bound enchants/runestones to an alt and only upgraded unbound enchants and runestones on my main toon anyway.

This change of binding basically makes them 100 % worthless and I am really upset about this.

I submitted a ticket (403.990) but do not expect anything happening from that.

Just want to warn everyone to not unslot anything unbound - how to adapt to new system that way is beyond me though

A now very angry barbarian named Srar

to add to this, just checked, I have a total of 3 r15 empowered runestones + 4 r13 empowered runestones on my dc alone now.

I NEVER used the exchanger so I could only have the freebies given to us at any time . I have not opened the free choice pack we got with the combat changes yet - that will be another boa runestone - this one a correctly boa one.

The rest is mostly just terribly flawed coding.