test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

about AD sink and tips to save tons of AD from bonding exchange

xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
now everyone have a lot of AD with the bonding exchange system.

This is really really bad for future AD sink, the extra AD it creates is not just the value of all bondings itself (physical AD) but also the avoidance of AD cut.

I guess many people do not realize it even the devs. With all the bonding fluctuate in the market, people now can trade items for bonding if they need AD, and avoid the tax cut. The bondings are literally the "tradable AD" without tax cut. Less people gonna put items in AH to sell instead they will trade for other people's bonding and avoid tax cut, this is really really bad for AD sink. If everyone trade for bondings instead of put items in AH the market will have 0 AD sink from AH selling.

Also a tip for those who still havent traded their bondings. Save it, the value is much more than the AD you can get from NPC now. Because they are liquad AD and can avoid tax cut so people will demand a lot in the future.

If you have any questions or need more discussions feel free to join NW pve discord: https://discord.gg/wfFp69F (around 3000 people in now)

Comments

• Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I might be wrong but have they not taken care of most sources of bondings? So the amount will slowly trickle down. People exchange them, some stop playing, some will not know what they are and use them as RP or sell them or donate.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I might be wrong but have they not taken care of most sources of bondings? So the amount will slowly trickle down. People exchange them, some stop playing, some will not know what they are and use them as RP or sell them or donate.

also dont forget the large amount of rank 7-8 bondings that people are not even caring now, after upgrade cost reduce in the future, people gonna buy them and make more bonding 13-15 and they will fluctuate the market. And if everyone is smart enough they wont trade in their bonding now and the market will be flooded with bonding traders.
  • Options
    I guess if devs are smart enough they should set a deadline for bonding exchange (beyond which you can not trade bondings anymore), otherwise the AD sink will be really really slow in the future, and this will inflat the price of all items and keep ZAX high.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    They won't be able to set a deadline for trading until after all sources of bondings have been eliminated. They have not even gotten rid of sources of eldritch runestones yet, which can only be traded for bondings.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2021
    xvimn134 said:

I guess if devs are smart enough they should set a deadline for bonding exchange (beyond which you can not trade bondings anymore), otherwise the AD sink will be really really slow in the future, and this will inflat the price of all items and keep ZAX high.

Why would an item that has 0 use in the game be of anymore value to anyone right now to trade for (other than the value set by the devs at the vendor)??
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

xvimn134 said:

Why would an item that has 0 use in the game be of anymore value to anyone right now to trade for (other than the value set by the devs at the vendor)??
    it has value, because people can use it as a medie (like100 bucks paper bill) to trade for items and save tax cut. People are willing to take the bondings because they can use it to trade for direct AD or use it as media to for another trade in future.
  • Options
    some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I don't see bondings being used as currency...why would people use those instead of MOPS which have an actual use otherwise? ...just doesn't make sense

• Options

I don't see bondings being used as currency...why would people use those instead of MOPS which have an actual use otherwise? ...just doesn't make sense

because you can trade bonding for AD anytime, its more powerful currency compared with mops

People need AD now and they exchange bonding for AD, but many people hoard those bondings as future currency, price gonna go up.
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    The Bonding Exchange will only be open until Feb.4 ? Sure, some may use it as "tax free" exchange for a few days, but then it's over.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    hfleet said:

The Bonding Exchange will only be open until Feb.4 ? Sure, some may use it as "tax free" exchange for a few days, but then it's over.

its planned to be permanent
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,248 Arc User
    1. The exchange should be permanent because there could be return players.
    2. right now, upgrading cost is more than the AD difference between ranks. If the upgrade cost is reduced and it is an issue Cryptic worries about (I doubt it), they can just disallow bonding runestone (and other obsolete gems) to be upgraded.
    3. There are not enough bonding runestone be held by enough individuals to become a currency. If one wants to trade his mount for 550K, he asks for 1 rank 12 and 1 rank 6 (I am not sure a rank 6 exists), how many people happen to have that?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    hfleet said:

The Radiant Enchants and Empowered Runestones can only be exchanged until that date. Bondings are obsolete and will be able to be exchanged indefinitely, from what I've seen.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    The thing is, you can also trade a bonding R15 for something that is worth more than the price cuz ppl can get an enchant they need and rn (thanks to the combat changes) might be worth 5M AD or more (which i think it's the point xvimn134 is trying to get at). It's bound, yes, but cheaper or free if you trade it for a dropped item.
    And the zax went from 47M to 52M in no time.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    edited January 2021

1. The exchange should be permanent because there could be return players.
    3. There are not enough bonding runestone be held by enough individuals to become a currency. If one wants to trade his mount for 550K, he asks for 1 rank 12 and 1 rank 6 (I am not sure a rank 6 exists), how many people happen to have that?

they can use bonding 13-15 as part of the trade, for example 2 bonding 15+ something for some account mount.

There are tons of bondings. Think where are the sources of bonding: r7-r8 from packs, free r15 packs, pvp rewards r13 packs, etc. imagine if most people save bondings instead of trade them for AD. The marker will be fluctuated with bondings (prolly 5-10 bonding each player in average) It can be used as currency actually.

And trust me there are people hoard way more bondings than you can imagine, like this guy

(name hides)
    Post edited by xvimn134 on
  • Options
    ultramath#3953 ultramath Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    That pic is HILARIOUS.

But seriously, about your concerns with regard to bondings being used for currency:

It only happens if enough people decide to make it that way. There is a real limit to how many people are going to buy into the idea of bondings being reasonable and convenient currency, and those people are going to tend to be people who hoarded bondings like the guild box pic you provided. Unless there is some massive secret underground of bondings hoarders, it will not be a massive impact to the AD sink system or ZAX. There was a bump today -- obviously -- because all of a sudden it was instantly possible for many players to have millions of extra AD.

That pic is like 1 billion AD worth of bondings, give or take. Maybe more... I'm kinda eyeballing it instead of doing math. I hope nobody in that guild is a thief! LOL

Edit: As an addendum, the devs could simply raise the cap on the ZAX to be 1000AD per zen, or something similar, if it truly gets out of hand.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Sigh. People keep talking about raising the cap on the ZAX like it would do something useful. The Russian server has had a cap of 1000ad/zen for years and has not gotten better. When the cap was raised from 500ad/zen a few years ago, the backlog was back within hours
  • Options
    Of course not everyone will use bonding as currency to exchange, but the people who have it gonna use it for sure since everyone like bondings more than other currency like AD or mop4. The ZAX will keep high won’t go back. How long does it take to exchange all those bond AD to zen? Almost forever.

People not gonna call the game free to play anymore with such a high ZAX. And it’s not friendly to new players anymore since veteran players made millions of AD and inflated the AH price and ZAX, making it much harder for new players who does not plan to charge zen. Let’s all be honest, how many people made 20m+ one day? You may feel happy in the short run but it’s not healthy for the game player pool in the long run

Next step for cryptic: set a deadline for bonding exchange and set AD zen ratio to 1000:1