test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod Release Date Change

cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
Why the change from February 9th to January 21st? I know there were several people working to get things done on items that weren't going to be in the game anymore. Those players no longer have the ability to do anything about it before the swap.
Guild Leader: Under the Influence
Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k

Comments

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    This is Not Mod 20.. this is combat changes, mod 20 is still the 9th.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The mod is not being released tomorrow, just the combat changes. The mod is still releasing on the 9th. The combat changes were never part of the new mod, they were always supposed to be released before the mod.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I guess I assumed that the combat changes were a part of the mod. I still wanted to do content without having to deal with them as I don't particularly enjoy the combat changes.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Many assumed that, kept having to correct people in alliance chat about it.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

I guess I assumed that the combat changes were a part of the mod. I still wanted to do content without having to deal with them as I don't particularly enjoy the combat changes.

I've had to correct many people on the forums and in Discord about this. Even with Developers saying in the streams that they are separate, people just assumed they were lying or that it's just not possible. Really feels like fighting misinformation is a full time job these days.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    If they only released that information in the streams that would be why I didn't get it. I consume other forms of information and have watched several of their streams. I just haven't seen one in the last few months. Also, to me the biggest change by MILES is the combat changes. The changes to adding a dungeon in the game or a new location isn't as big of a deal.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    On none of the official releases did it say Combat Changes and Mod 20 would be together, but as the time got closer, more and more players assumed they would be. I had a funny feeling it would be this week.

I think in a few months, it will retroactively be seen as 2 parts of the same garbage fire nobody wanted, and they'll again refer to it as part of Mod 20, especially if there's another player exodus as many are expecting.

And I really wanted it to be good, but it's not looking likely.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I assume this release of the combat changes now, is to prevent everyone from scrambling on the first day of module 20 to get all the characters up to par. This gives you a few weeks to sort things out and avoids confusion, frustration, and chaos all on the same day.

If a frog in tossed into a pot of boiling water, he jumps out. If the frog is put into room temperature water and slowly brought to a boil... frog soup! :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

If they only released that information in the streams that would be why I didn't get it. I consume other forms of information and have watched several of their streams. I just haven't seen one in the last few months. Also, to me the biggest change by MILES is the combat changes. The changes to adding a dungeon in the game or a new location isn't as big of a deal.

The words they used in the stream to tell us this was coming was very Cryptic XD. They said combat changes could be real soon. I took that as we will see them a week or two before the mod and expected this. Many of my friends did not interpret it this way and I fully understand why someone could or could not catch this from the stream!
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

I assume this release of the combat changes now, is to prevent everyone from scrambling on the first day of module 20 to get all the characters up to par. This gives you a few weeks to sort things out and avoids confusion, frustration, and chaos all on the same day.

If a frog in tossed into a pot of boiling water, he jumps out. If the frog is put into room temperature water and slowly brought to a boil... frog soup! :trollface:

with the buggie mess that crytic released today good luck having any players left to do the new sharandar

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

with the buggie mess that crytic released today good luck having any players left to do the new sharandar

I think you missed the part where you are the boiled frog. :lol:

I honestly have yet to patch or login today. My phone started ringing about 3 to 4 hours ago and my Discord went nuts! All because my friends were telling me about this patch. I was half asleep and told them, "Yes. I said it would be a mess. I was on Preview."... come to think of it, I should just make that my default voice mail response. I said, the new Sharandar looks good, I never said I was pleased with all the fashion bugs. I am going back to bed. :skull:

Just killing time...