test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Sharandar boons - Need a clear answer

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
I'm looking for a clear answer not from the community but from either a dev or from our community manager. Too much mis-information out there right now.

Are there a total of 10 boons for Sharandar? 5 from old, 5 from new. If you have 5 boons from the old sharandar there are 5 to gain from the new sharandar. If you have 2 from the old sharandar there are 8 to gain from the new? If you have 0 from the old there are 10 to gain from the new?

I feel the above is correct based on the message that went out in the blog, but comments from friends and a video by Nova posted today has me wondering if I understand it correctly.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I feel the blog post is pretty clear, but if you have doubts, you can always make a new character on preview to check.

"The boons from the old Sharandar campaign are included in the new campaign"

"The boon tasks in the new campaigns line up with the old campaign boon order. If you received the first two boons from old Sharandar, but not the 3rd-5th, then the first two boon tasks in the new Sharandar will award 1 boon point and the third, fourth and fifth tasks will award 2 boon points."
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @arazith07 I agree that it was pretty clear, I only started to doubt what I understood after hearing from others. Does your interpretation of it match what I wrote in my post? 10 total boons at the end?

To make a new toon on preview and check wouldn't get me an answer for a bit because you don't get a boon in week 1 of the campaign.
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    It looks like penalty for players that completed old sharandar. We will get only one boon per "boon". Not to mention people that bought old sharandar campaing - soon, it'll be worthless. I feel sorry for them. GG.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

@arazith07 I agree that it was pretty clear, I only started to doubt what I understood after hearing from others. Does your interpretation of it match what I wrote in my post? 10 total boons at the end?

To make a new toon on preview and check wouldn't get me an answer for a bit because you don't get a boon in week 1 of the campaign.

You would be able to see that the boon gave 2 points instead of the one we see now. And yes your interpretation matches mine.

It looks like penalty for players that completed old sharandar. We will get only one boon per "boon". Not to mention people that bought old sharandar campaing - soon, it'll be worthless. I feel sorry for them. GG.

How is it a penalty? Both sets of players will have 10 boons.
  • Options
    And this is exactly why I'm looking for an official reply XD
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    arazith07 said:

"Penalty" is our wasted time for old sharandar. Or wasted money for Sharandar buyout. So. Mod, IDK, 31 could look like - Sharandar ++= 15 boons. 10 boons from sharandar & sharandar + (+) 5 boons from sharandar ++. This game, with this modul, just became infinite loop.
  • Options
    co2#1085 co2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    It means it makes the current 2x Sharander Event a waste of time if one has the focus mainly on the boons ...
  • Options
    arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

It is a bit of a penalty because you currently can start Sharandar at lvl 64 and start getting those 5 boons. Now, newer players that don't have a chance to complete Sharandar before the new mod will have to wait until after they are lvl 80 and 40k ilvl in order to get those older boons with the boons from the New Sharandar.