test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Weapon

killx#5473 killx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
It would be nice if you could make a weapon that you have to do all the quest in an area to unlock each branch of its power and when all quests are done then it would be 4x more powerful than any weapon in the game make the quest chain a group quest chain so it cannot be a soloable event this will draw more players and teamwork to the game and increase your income by 1000% just by adding a weapon for every class and a questline that puts teamwork back into the game. Does anyone have any rejections to this if not please type 100% at the end of any suggestions or concerns you may have.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    So you want to drive out all solo players from the game?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I don't see how it would add income to them just by adding a weapon for every class. They always add weapon for every class regardless. After everyone got that 4x more powerful weapon, then what? Another 4x (i.e. 16x) more power in next mod?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • killx#5473 killx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just my opinion When people Work as a team game's are more attractive solo is a show offs world i like to work as a team Im guessing alot of people on here disagree.
    no i dont want to drive solo out of the game i just want them to be weaker than team players standing on a mountain bugging nightspine i see these solo people doing t3 alone this isnt the way it should be its just my opnion.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Encouraging people to play the game as a team needs incentive and it is not a new idea. It does not have to be a 4x weapon. There were different kind of incentive. It needs an incentive that people 'cares' about and not adding more power.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    i was just tossing and idea it could be a ring a mount or a house that only grows with group quests the house could have items only obtained by using a 10 man raid system just anything that groups people a little better just my opinion.
    I just really hate seeing anyone obtaining top gear alone thats a ultimate fail..
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    In your opinion. Takes a lot of work to be able to get that far alone.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

I just really hate seeing anyone obtaining top gear alone thats a ultimate fail..

Most of the sought after gear is behind group content. ToMM for weapons, hunts for armor. (at least for now)
    I still want a weapon ppl can work together building just like the insurg group. Its a great game and im sure they will do what works they have been going this long im sure they dont need my advice.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    A solo set/Quest set/Achievement set along with a Team oriented set would be nice, that improves each mod.

Each dungeon/trial completed wearing the set improves the Team oriented one (Some type of check list/buff allies and self, something similar to Mastercraft set but requires people to all use the set to be effective). It would be BiS (potentially) if everyone wears its, but if even one person doesn't, it'd lead to needing to use a second best choice.

Solo one improving from how many quests completed? I'm not sure how this would be handled, but it should be drastically better than team oriented one for solo content, but mostly useless during team-play. Example: 20% increase to outgoing damage, 20% increase to companion damage when not in a party. Could lead to people more easily being able to solo dungeons, but if their goal is to solo anyways, they should be able to make the choice to attempt it.

Not really sure how it would or should all be handled, but like the idea overall of having a set that progresses with you and you can skip content and come back later when you feel its right for you to complete and get it caught up. Just something randomly thought up, after 2 seconds of thought :P
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Not sure if you realize this but all of the best weapons for a while have been locked behind group content. I also have no issue with solo players being able to get the best gear in the game. Gear is less of a determining factor in how well you will do as compared with bonding runestones or weapons. The last 2 best weapon sets are locked behind ToMM and Zariel Master. Next mod those are both removed and all upgrades pretty much will be the same in the future. In other words the weapons that do a huge more than solo weapons is already in the game right now.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Many of us solo players are solo because of the other players in the game.
  • bluecoder#3448 bluecoder Member Posts: 14 Arc User

It would be nice if you could make a weapon that you have to do all the quest in an area to unlock each branch of its power and when all quests are done then it would be 4x more powerful than any weapon in the game make the quest chain a group quest chain so it cannot be a soloable event this will draw more players and teamwork to the game and increase your income by 1000% just by adding a weapon for every class and a questline that puts teamwork back into the game. Does anyone have any rejections to this if not please type 100% at the end of any suggestions or concerns you may have.

I get it you want to play World of warcraft, so do It...?