test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamonds.

I am new, on this game. I realized that astral diamonds its very important in this game. I search, in the internet, about AD and choose, playing dungeons. However, until now, I dont receive any AD for complete a Dungeon. So my question is, is working? Its the best way to get AD? Thanks for any help

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You need to run the Random queues, and then you need to go to the Riches tab of your inventory, and refine the Astral Diamonds. You can refine up to 100,000 per account per day.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2020

I am new, on this game. I realized that astral diamonds its very important in this game. I search, in the internet, about AD and choose, playing dungeons. However, until now, I dont receive any AD for complete a Dungeon. So my question is, is working? Its the best way to get AD? Thanks for any help

@kreatyve my wife doesn't run the dungeons, while she is still away visiting, I know she is sitting on well over 6 or 7 million AD. While she plays the game daily and knows 3 of the mega-dungeons can cap your AD for the day, she prompts users who ask about AD and/or Gold with the following;

Quests Offering AD
    Between level 64-80 you can run 6 quests per week these quests reward you with 4500 AD each and my wife spends very little time to collect these. I know, for a fact, 5 out of 6 of these take her 20 minutes or less to collect. One character can earn 27,000 AD then you can earn bonuses that increases that further.

Red Wizards - Dread Ring
    Arcane Res. - Sharandar (opens at level 64)
    Reclaiming the Hoard - Well of the Dragons
    Biggrin's Tomb - Icewind Dale
    Protecting the Portal - Starts after the completion of Assist the Zhentarim in the Dragon campaign
    Ballad of Baphomet - Mantol Derith - with completion of the Maze Engine campaign

Campaign AD
    In all the campaign stores the currency can be converted into AD during and after you have completed the campaign.

Auction House AD
    Finally she buys items from the auction, then banks them for a few months, then sells the items in the auction for profit. I guess I should mention, this is the only method that will not require you to convert AD from raw to refined and is not capped. The sky is the limit. She has told people to start small and the snowball will build fast.

For example:
    You can buy Potion of Coalesced Defense, Potion of Coalesced Agility, or Minor Black Ice Salve from the AH, any given day they will cost under 30 AD each. You can get these potions as a daily reward in Icewind Dale, most players toss them in the AH without much thought. They sell to any vendor NPC for 37 silver 50 copper.

Looking at most vendors in Protector's Enclave there is is an item called "Gold Bar" they sell for 1 gold each and will buy back for 1 gold. The item is used to convert gold to AD and back to gold again. In the AH, they will cost between 150 to 200 AD each. Buying 200 of the potions nets you 75 gold and cost about 6000 AD. After a simple conversion process at the vendor, you can now sell the gold bars for 11,250 - 10% AH cut a total of 10,125 AD. This will not make you AD rich overnight, you would need to buy hundreds of thousands of potions to see a large profit. This does give new players easy start up AD fast. You can also make a lot of gold and AD in professions as well.

When new events or lockboxes drop she buys the popular unique items from the auction house. These items flood and become cheaper to buy as time goes on. Bank these items for they will run out and she can sell them for a large profit. My wife is out of state for the holidays and will be returning home before Christmas. I imagine she will start the new year buying and selling in the auction house.
  • tluigi#0896 tluigi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    thanks for the tips
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    If you do invocation, you will get rough Astral Diamonds boost. Rough Astral Diamonds boost is not real rAD but a pool of rAD. When you do invocation, you will add certain amount to that pool.

When you earn rAD from the game, you will get another 50% rAD (taken from the pool). So, when you earn the 4500 rAD mentioned above, you will get another 50% 2750 rAD (if your pool has that much) for the total of 6750.

For the 6 weekly rAD quests mentioned above, if your character is strong enough, it should take less than 5 minutes each except "Well of the Dragons" one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Keeping in mind that I'm stating my own personal opinion here, I think that this is one of the best guides regarding AD currently. I was just answering basic questions the first time around.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • tluigi#0896 tluigi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    thanks again for this info!