test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FEEDBACK - Cash Cows

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
We all know what your cash cows are...

Selling the Journal Artifacts/Pages ( Brilliant) .....I want those on ALL of my 8 characters and will buy again them when they come back.

V.I.P. (could be your new Cash Cow ? ) Allow players at Rank 10+ to refine 200k AD per day and maybe 6 re-roll tokens up from 3 ?.

Reduce Mount Upgrade Tokens (75) to 250 Zen Down from 500. ( who doesn't want 100% Bolster)

Encourage more players to buy Character slots. Maybe throw in a Free Companion w/upgrade tokens and maybe a few Mount Tokens ?

You have nothing to lose by this... and everything to gain. Maybe do a trial for a few months... see how well it goes over.

In this day and age... Value is everything. People are more likely to buy lots of little things over just one bigger thing.

Just my thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    The journal set will likely come back every now and again, so no need to worry there.

Making VIP rank 10 get 2x the refined AD would hurt the economy, majority of players have spoken up in the CDP about vip benefits and agree its a bad idea. We need ways of removing AD, not creating. We also don't want to cause more of a gap between those without vip and those with, so it has to be kept minimal. Reroll tokens, sure.

Instead of lowering the zen price, the mount of tokens should be adjusted to match companion upgrades with the changes (30,60,90,120,150).

Character slots are one of the most profitable ways to spend zen early on, doesn't really need anything else added. 50+ chars that can do professions, invoke for wards/coal wards/enchanting stone rank 5s, more chars to do the gifting even/sahha ball event and so on.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Character slot would be the best seller for those who knows how to take advantage of it.
    1. The cheapest inventory system among all the available options in Zen store.
    2. The best way to earn wards.
    3. The best way to earn gold (if one cares)
    4. The best way to do profession (if one cares)
    5. character slot is dirt cheap even with 0 discount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Very well then.. I guess it is what it is...
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    edited December 2020

The journal set will likely come back every now and again, so no need to worry there.

Making VIP rank 10 get 2x the refined AD would hurt the economy, majority of players have spoken up in the CDP about vip benefits and agree its a bad idea. We need ways of removing AD, not creating. We also don't want to cause more of a gap between those without vip and those with, so it has to be kept minimal. Reroll tokens, sure.

Instead of lowering the zen price, the mount of tokens should be adjusted to match companion upgrades with the changes (30,60,90,120,150).

Character slots are one of the most profitable ways to spend zen early on, doesn't really need anything else added. 50+ chars that can do professions, invoke for wards/coal wards/enchanting stone rank 5s, more chars to do the gifting even/sahha ball event and so on.

Ok this is controversial - but VIP players SHOULD get better stuff/more AD/rerolls and in general if they are paying to keep the servers open then give them value. I was VIP for two years until I figured the value just isnt there. Sure the lack of injuries and re roll tokens are nice, but I have over 700 on one toon to use up.

VIP qol - travel post is useful, but not essential as are most of the other qol things.

But VIP lost its interest for me when the lockboxes just started giving 3 lots of RP.

Furthermore the changes to companions and mounts is fine for free to play players, but not for those who paid real life money to "rent" those pixels and have them dashed to the floor.

Give me a *reason* to buy VIP again please
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

We all know what your cash cows are...

Selling the Journal Artifacts/Pages ( Brilliant) .....I want those on ALL of my 8 characters and will buy again them when they come back.

This particular 'feature' addition had the opposite effect on me. It was the final straw in all the recent spiraling add-ons to making a character relevant in end game content.

I play other MMOs where the goal post moves very, very infrequently. It seems like NWO is moving the goal post on an almost monthly basis now, with a clear focus on adding new layers of power ups to increase monetization.

I've stopped buying Zen, and largely stopped playing the game - it's just flat out not fun anymore - no exploration, no role play, no anything but the grind...always the grind. I'm only logging in for the free VIP daily now, waiting to see if Cryptic can turn things around, holding out hope that the promised new class will make the game fun again.