test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dwarves Spelunking

This just doesn’t drop . Done 50 plus , reroll after reroll , nada.

I mean come on , you ever going to look into this . You wonder why people quit ? This is just 1 reason . At least put it in campaign store . Yea yea , it’s on the AH , not paying 500k for 2 boons .
I was lucky enough to drop 1 a year ago , haven’t dropped another in a whole year . Wonderful drop rate rotflmao

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Adding it to Demo trial reward chests would be another option.
  • metalhead75metalhead75 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yep, I've given up on those boons and just moved on. Not wasting keys on those skirmishes anymore and 400-500k in the AH is not even close to worth it. As somebody with a 30k main who's already way past that campaign, that's easy for me to do. However, I feel for the up and comers who could really benefit from those boons. Hopefully this gets looked at.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    No, the situation was not good even before - but removing the key definitely did not help.
  • zaii#7882 zaii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm at over 200 chests and still haven't got it!
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    I finaIIy got it and it was tiresome, this tome shouIdnt definiteIy have such Iow chance to drop
  • rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Haven’t seen one drop since m16 went live 🙁
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I've lost no boons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    There was a way to purchase extra boon points on the old Sharandar campaign that was eventually removed. Sometime shortly after the mod 16 changes went live, all of the boons purchased with the Sharandar campaign tab were removed.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    It's disheartening as a (relatively) new player to see that this has never been addressed. I've been playing since right around Christmas, so going into my fourth month. I've completed a couple campaigns (Tyranny of Dragons and Dread Ring), and I'm working my way through Maze Engine, Underdark, and Storm King's Thunder. I love the visuals and the storytelling, but the combat has become oppressive and I've recently realized that the idea of a "random drop" is just a cruel joke to keep us playing through the same dungeons.

The only place books like "Dwarven Spelunking" will drop seems to be from the magical Auction House.

I thought developers were supposed to make the game more fun, but around Neverwinter it really seems as though they have the thankless job of making the game less fun and virtually unwinnable (and, yes, I understand that you can't "win D&D," but when there is the illusion of boons if a make-believe book appears in a treasure chest...it's impossible to win).

It's beyond irritating to see that people have been asking for something like a freaking book to drop for months, and all I've seen change is the fact that I will never be able to complete a solo run of Hrimnir's dungeon, which is the one that I had worked my way up to when the combat rework started. It was great fun playing through with a group and then doubling back later to find all the cool things that the devs had put in each dungeon that are absolutely impossible to explore when you're busy chasing the power gamers to reach the end...it seems the devs don't care about us finding any of the things that they have doubtless put hours into creating?

Seems oxymoronic--cool stuff for you to find that we've made impossible to discover.

Any chance the game could be made more enjoyable...some day?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

They have a list of priorities but this isn't one of them. Judging by what they do, their focus is on keeping their business partners happy and achieving short term financial goals.

Quality of Life adjustments are few & far between even though they have the longest list of outstanding issues.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    armadeonx said:

They have a list of priorities but this isn't one of them. Judging by what they do, their focus is on keeping their business partners happy and achieving short term financial goals.

Quality of Life adjustments are few & far between even though they have the longest list of outstanding issues.

Well changing a number in the % chance to drop is not something that will take weeks of development.

When you have 50 task to do, yes you have priorities, but if 40 tasks are very short, lets say 5 mins each, and the other 10 will take 5 hours each, you do the short ones first, more if there are lots of players demanding fixes.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

When you have 50 task to do, yes you have priorities, but if 40 tasks are very short, lets say 5 mins each, and the other 10 will take 5 hours each, you do the short ones first, more if there are lots of players demanding fixes.

That assumes that anything we want fixed actually makes it on the list of priorities.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    What are the chances of this Dwarven Spelunking to be in campaign store after this 4 hour maintenance?
    .00001%
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I see that greywynd is optimistic today.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Its 500K on the AH - that is 6 days of Random Q's. 6 days.