test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Loadout Bug with Ring of the Brutal Fiend +5

joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
I have 2 different Rings of the Brutal Fiend +5 equipped in both of my loadouts. I cannot change Loadouts now unless both Loadouts have the same Ring equipped, or I unequip the different Ring. This issue is likely occuring with the other Rings that Mog'dorath and Garyx drop too. This was not a problem before today's patch. Please fix it!
Post edited by joe7777 on

Comments

• sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I would like to know what happens if you have all the +4 and +5 rings from Gary and Mog in your inventory from pre-patch. Do I not receive any rings at all now that this limitation is in place? It's nice that they can be posted, unnecessary that they bind to character on equip (why does anything bind to character really?) and has created an additional inventory/loadout nightmare. Does the "Only one of a unique item" absolutely need to be a part of this?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    These should be all in the same basket of the 'Unique item' flag issue. In the following thread, a dev acknowledged the issue.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1258926/unable-to-transfer-more-than-one-copy-of-a-unique-item-from-mail-message-to-inventory
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I better not be limited to never getting Ring of the Brutal Fiend +5 ever again just because I already have it because I want it for alts that cannot do Avernus! Guess that WOULD explain why I never seem to get one to drop though... smh
    Post edited by joe7777 on
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > These should be all in the same basket of the 'Unique item' flag issue. In the following thread, a dev acknowledged the issue.
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1258926/unable-to-transfer-more-than-one-copy-of-a-unique-item-from-mail-message-to-inventory

That's great to know, thank you :)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    PC patch note. I hope that covers more than Rage of Bel Rings.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11481833

General

Rage of Bel rings are no longer unique, so should be retrievable from mail, auctions, etc. once more. They now more directly state in their tooltip that only one can be equipped at a time.
    Known issue: There’s currently a typo stating that players can only wear “on” at a time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

I would like to know what happens if you have all the +4 and +5 rings from Gary and Mog in your inventory from pre-patch. Do I not receive any rings at all now that this limitation is in place? It's nice that they can be posted, unnecessary that they bind to character on equip (why does anything bind to character really?) and has created an additional inventory/loadout nightmare. Does the "Only one of a unique item" absolutely need to be a part of this?

Had the same issue. Bought one from the tradehouse and was shocked when I couldn't collect the item from the mailbox. Already have one on my main so I wanted another one for my other toons. Rather buying than farming then for only 200k. Good thing this will be addressed in a future patch.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)