test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Paths Suggestion [Normal/Hard/Extreme]

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
While I quite like the attempt at having the "real" zariel and "baby" zariel trials (which isn't so baby haha), I thought I'd throw this idea out there as an option for the dev team. Instead of separate instances just have a multiple pathed dungeon.

That name doesn't really do it justice though, so let me explain a bit better using regular temple of the spider as a sample as most people would be familiar with it by now. Queue up as normal, or as random - there is no difference as it's the one dungeon.

To finish the "normal" dungeon, just do it as per usual - point A to B and defeat Syndryth priestess form at the end. Woop.

To do the "hard" mode, just add an optional branch at one point - maybe at the second boss there's another door where you need to... I don't know... burn a whole bunch of spider eggs and the whole room has cobwebs all the time (slow) and there are the spitting spiders all around. Once that's done, continue back to fight Syndryth who will then go into her "hard" mode drider variant. So yes, it's just like an optional mission.

To do the "extreme" mode, add another optional branch - right near the start where you fight the first drider - where the team has to desecrate a small shrine of Lolth or something. Only by doing this, it means you will be chased by an unkillable avatar of Lolth for the rest of the level who perhaps also buffs the damage of all the regular adds you'd need to clear. It will also be present in the end boss fight.

This way the party can choose what they do/attempt per run, and you don't need to have so many separate instances coded. Obviously to get any reward you need to beat the end boss, who is always Syndryth in one form or another - but you get extra goodies if you also did the hard mode, more goodies on the extreme mode, and a lot more goodies if you did both the extreme and hard modes in the same run (because being chased by an unkillable buffing monster while in a room full of cobwebs is painful).

Obviously you can be creative with the options. Maybe the team sets a bomb and then needs to finish in a time limit or die / kicked from dungeon. Maybe the team needs to lure some monster all the way to the end, or maybe turning a HAMSTER floods the lowest level with lava and stamina draining poison gas. The important bit is that these are all optional, and as you can see, it doesn't have to be a massive "optional" space if you don't want it to be. Anyway, just a suggestion. :)
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    ESO does something similar with a few of its dungeons like Unhallowed Grave, but the thing is a random group will NEVER do anything but the fastest most faceroll path, so its a feature for premade groups only.