test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Big Thank You for Forsaken Lockbox

winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited December 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
I would like to thank you all cryptic for listening to players to what they would like to have the lock boxes. You nailed it! This to me has been the best box by far. Trade bars, reroll tokens, mount tokens, companion tokens, and more! Currencies we need to upgrade our characters for the new changes. Not to mention my own request of strong hold vouchers to make a return for those guilds trying to level up still. I am personally very pleased and happy with this box and what I have gotten out of it. Thank you so much for this..also I wanted to thank you all for the pet lulu out of citadel campaign, but that again is a personal request. Good job team.

Comments

• Options
    zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    I would posit that they have an incentive to do this: It's how they make their money. Thanking them for putting much sought after items behind a gambling mechanism? Well, I suppose there are all sorts of people in the world. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I used only keys from VIP. I tend to only buy cosmetics, mounts, companions, or pets. I will save up my keys. Open only the new box the day of..then save my keys again for the next box. Everyone is different. To me, a good reason to invest in VIP. In case you don't believe in good things come to those who wait. I got that on my first key. About 80+ days since our last lock box release

• Options
    zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @winteranesti said:
    > I used only keys from VIP. I tend to only buy cosmetics, mounts, companions, or pets. I will save up my keys. Open only the new box the day of..then save my keys again for the next box. Everyone is different. To me, a good reason to invest in VIP. In case you don't believe in good things come to those who wait. I got that on my first key. About 80+ days since our last lock box release

I'm pleased on your behalf, truly. It still does not change the fact that these items are put behind gambling mechanics which are never, ever set up in any gambling operation to the benefit of the paying customer. Hence the phrase, "the house always wins." I see no reason to thank any one for that.
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2020

I used only keys from VIP. I tend to only buy cosmetics, mounts, companions, or pets. I will save up my keys. Open only the new box the day of..then save my keys again for the next box. Everyone is different. To me, a good reason to invest in VIP. In case you don't believe in good things come to those who wait. I got that on my first key. About 80+ days since our last lock box release

I opened 85 of the new lockboxes yesterday. I got 3 mythic bears, over 7500 tradebars (spend right away in 7 bonding runestones r15 or keep for the incoming discount on tamarlune's shop ? Guess what i have chosen :P ), 35 genie's gift (usefull for helping promising guildies who are relatively new in the game), plenty of scrolls of life, I don't know how many rank9 enchants, etc.

Quite an insane result honestly (i seem to be very lucky since 2-3 months, that's a whole new experience for me after 4 years feeling RNGesus wasn't on my side).

Previous lockbox was already tempting (I got 1 KoS in 60 openings), this new one seems to be far better.

I think it had been since mod12 (merchant prince lockbox if i remember well) that I haven't open something other than glorious resurgence, and since mod11 (when i got my first legendary) that i wasn't really enticed to consume my zen in buying keys.

That's a change, after so many relatively unattractive lockboxes.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I opened 85 of the new lockboxes yesterday. I got 3 mythic bears, over 7500 tradebars (spend right away in 7 bonding runestones r15 or keep for the incoming discount on tamarlune's shop ? Guess what i have chosen :P ), 35 genie's gift (usefull for helping promising guildies who are relatively new in the game), plenty of scrolls of life, I don't know how many rank9 enchants, etc.

Quite an insane result honestly (i seem to be very lucky since 2-3 months, that's a whole new experience for me after 4 years feeling RNGesus wasn't on my side).

Previous lockbox was already tempting (I got 1 KoS in 60 openings), this new one seems to be far better.

I think it had been since mod12 (merchant prince lockbox if i remember well) that I haven't open something other than glorious resurgence, and since mod11 (when i got my first legendary) that i wasn't really enticed to consume my zen in buying keys.

That's a change, after so many relatively unattractive lockboxes.
    I fully expect a complete nerf to this box in the next patch.
  • Options
    mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User

...snip
    I fully expect a complete nerf to this box in the next patch.

GOD I hope not, I have the absolute worse luck in everything, I got only 3 times 25 tb, 9 gems, one companion 10 pack and a couple genie's gifts thusfar. Remember not everyone that gets a daily key gets anything good from it!

As it sits I didn't get the KOS throughout the entire run of the last lockbox and although it seems everyone has such great luck I won't hold my breath on this one either. :(
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I like the new odds... Even though I am not as "special" as I once was.

If you can upgrade Mounts, which is nice, the new odds make sense.

• Options
    vinnievivinnievi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don't know how to start a new post and I can't get any help on how to change from one mount to another. I'm on a pc and have zero options that I can find...pleassssse help!
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The main reason I like this lockbox is that I get a lot of trade bars from it.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I like the box because there is zero chance of getting RP for all 3 categories, which happened frequently in previous lock boxes.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    This box is good because an average player can get progression with it.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    From another thread about this lockbox...
    30 Forsaken Lockboxes:
    - 69x Jadeit, that's 23 times out of 30
    - 7x Rank 9 Enchantments
    - 1600x Trade Bars
    - 5x Cube of Augmentation
    - 108x Insignia Powder
    - 9x Genies Gift
    - 3x 10 Companion Upgrade Token
    - 3x 10 Mount Upgrade Token
    - can't say for sure how many Reroll Tokens, but i'm currently sitting on over 4500 of them
    - 3x 3 Scroll of Life
    - 4x Stronghold Vouchers

Anyway, as mentioned before, if they move the Jadeit, Enchantments and Cube of Augmentation into one tradable pack,
    Genies Gift, Reroll Tokens, Scroll of Life and Stronghold Vouchers into another tradable pack,
    then we would actually have a decent lockbox here for a change.

Feels like Jadeit have a 50% or higher drop chance for me... if the Devs want to keep RP HAMSTER inside a lockbox, at the very least upgrade the Jadeit to a Brilliant Diamond to make it worth wasting a key on it.

To be clear, i wasn't counting on getting any of the mounts, but not seeing a single epic Companion Pack or even one lonely Insignia in 30 pulls is really sad.

Anyway, i've opened 40 Forsaken lockboxes this far, and while it's design is a small step forward, placing Jadeit and Rank 9 enchantments in the "top bracket" is just a bad joke, i hope the next lockbox will feature a Brilliant Diamond as mentioned above and Rank 10/12 enchantments in the first tier section.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I agree that this is a fantastic lockbox! If I could change 1 thing, the rerolls would be in an account bound (or unbound) pack that could be moved. I only lost 1 reward on a bank toon that I don't' play before moving to a main to open keys now. We all have our Neverwinter superstitions, one of mine is I open all keys on 1 toon in a certain place lol