test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FEEDBACK- Making us want to spend time AND money.

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
Players are already talking about leaving the game and not investing any more money do to the changes on Preview.

Mods 18 and 19 were based on Power. We upgraded mounts to become more powerful and did Hunts in Avernus for Gear that were solely based on giving us MORE POWER.

We trained like dogs for weeks on end to Learn Zarial Master for the Celestial Weapons for more POWER and Damage.

The proposed changes to Item Levels will make almost everything you created in Mods 18 and 19 useless with no real way to progress forward.

1.) Zarial Master will be useless as.... the Lionheart Weapons will be BiS.
2.) No need to ever do a T2 or T3 hunt as the Gear is power based ( we will be power capped the moment we log in)
3.) Power based Enchants, gear and Insignias (Radiants and Empowered) will ( for the most part) be useless AND worthless.
4.) No need to play this game nor invest money as no progression can be achieved meaning...

"IF" the newest content is DEAD ( Avernus and Zarial Master) what is there to do?? What would the point of reworking my character,and putting money in.... so that I can sit in PE with no content to run??

I have all boons possible and Lionheart Weapons on my main... I was working hard to get my Celestial Weapons but, looks like you took that from us so...

Look at my Account (@highlyunstable) I put a LOT of money into this game and have a nice budget to put in more but why would I ?? You give me no reason to do that.

Changes are needed to IL, I think everyone will agree but... you need to create an environment that will WANT US to spend time and money like..
1.) Make Celestial Weapons BiS ( until next weapon set comes out)
2.) Make it possible to progress UP and become even more powerful.
3.) Rework most of the Gear from content like.... Zarial Master, Hunts, Master Expeditions, Avernus etc. to make them worth grinding for.
4.) Rework the Mount and companion upgrade system so that we can afford to build multiple characters, like.. 500 mount tokens for 1000 Zen

As it stands... the average player with 10 Epic mounts needs 3500 upgrade tokens to Mystic at a cost of $10 for 300 tokens = $240 for one character. 3 characters would cost over $700. Not possible for most to do. NO BANG FOR OUR BUCK.

( The more characters we have, the more money a LOT of us will spend.)

Economics 101... provide a good product at a reasonable price and you will make more money then you know what to do with.
Provide a bad product that is very expensive and go out of business. Your Choice.

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I would much rather there be no defined BIS and BIS would depend entirely on build, class and many other variables like playstyle.

Most weapons of equal quality and item level should be roughly equal for different builds, allowing the players actual choices on what to grind for.

Agreed on mount and companions being too grindy for more than 1 character- and almost all of us have a few characters.

Too much vertical progression already though, from here on out it should be like 80% horizontal.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    to be honest i have logged on to preview with my rw (aasimar with blessed weps as my bandwidth to low to allow me to do tomm)
    and i spent 3 hours trying to sort the char back out upgrading 10 companions to mythic changing EVERY enchantment runestone AND insignia (all r15 and legendary) through several diferent cominations and cant even get close to the caped stats i have on live
    and if this goes to live even close to how it is on preview there is no way i am going to even try to get my char right
    would rather give my hard earned cash and play time to a game i can enjoy
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    gradii said:

I would much rather there be no defined BIS and BIS would depend entirely on build, class and many other variables like playstyle.

Most weapons of equal quality and item level should be roughly equal for different builds, allowing the players actual choices on what to grind for.

Agreed on mount and companions being too grindy for more than 1 character- and almost all of us have a few characters.

Too much vertical progression already though, from here on out it should be like 80% horizontal.

We need BiS equipment.... it gives us a reason to play, advance and become stronger. If Alabaster or Burnished weapons were as good as Celestial weapons, why would anyone run Zarial Master of even ToMM?? We would cap out within a few weeks with no reason to play (for a lot of us anyway) as there would be no incentive.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Instead of Power, we now chase items with higher IL.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User

gradii said:

We need BiS equipment.... it gives us a reason to play, advance and become stronger. If Alabaster or Burnished weapons were as good as Celestial weapons, why would anyone run Zarial Master of even ToMM?? We would cap out within a few weeks with no reason to play (for a lot of us anyway) as there would be no incentive.
    Nobody is asking for the hardest weapons to get not being the strongest for most builds, but there needs to be more hard to get weapons possible to earn in more ways. Lionheart is hard to get becuase it is from TOMM, there could be another that is hard to get simply becuase its a very long grind.

There has to be a non dungeon/trial drop alternative (with a lot more grind) to these things. Not everyone is going to find a good group to run TOMM and the like, and they are just as entitled to good weapons as those who do have a group of friends for regular runs, and the fact they haven't done the content doesn't make them less good at the game, it means they just don't know as many of the "right" people.

As a 6 year veteran of FFXIV, with many savage raids and extreme trials more difficult than TOMM under my belt, I can safely say that the biggest component of success in this kind of thing is having others to play with who share your interest in said content, and are willing to put in the effort.

Not to mention NW's progression system and balance is just in every way much worse, so the problems are exacerbated.