test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back the tales of empowerment

hwasoulhwasoul Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Please put them back in the wondrous bazaar. It said nothing about them going away when the artifacts go away. I never got to buy mine as I'm sure many didn't thinking we have time. Plus it makes the ones on the auction house kinda useless.
Post edited by hwasoul on

Comments

• Options
    jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @hwasoul said:
    > Please put them back in the wondrous bazaar. It said nothing about them going away when the artifacts go away. I never got to buy mine as I'm sure many didn't thinking we have time. Plus it makes the ones on the auction house kinda useless.

They posted several times the pages would end as well.
  • Options
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/11479743-tales-of-old-artifact-choice-pack! nowhere does it say the tales of empowerment will be leaving just the artifacts.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    So they have 2 sections for news and they say different things that's a error on them. I go to the news section on the front page. Why would anyone look for a second news section when it shouldn't even exist. Also the artifacts were up on over a week before the tales were added. They should have left the tales of empowerment up a extra week after the artifacts left at least. Leaving the tales of empowerment till the end of the year wouldn't hurt.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Well, they are not good in communication.

The original post did not say the page will stay or not. Many people suspected there was a very good chance it would be gone too based on previous experience of their ambiguous announcements. Hence, to be sure, people asked. Hence, they made a follow up post.

If they did not say it, don't assume anything. Even if they say it, I would still have doubt until I see it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    With the event and all the stuff they been putting on the zen market and the sale on keys makes it kinda hard to get everything especially with the zen being sold out
  • Options
    hwasoul said:

With the event and all the stuff they been putting on the zen market and the sale on keys makes it kinda hard to get everything especially with the zen being sold out

The idea of the sales is for them to make money. For them to make money, they want you to spend money. If you spend money, you can get everything and that is the idea.
  • Options
    Been playing since neverwinter came out haven't spent money yet ain't going to start now
  • Options
    monana#0711 monana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey! I would like for tales to re-appear in the wondrous bazaar very much too! I bought the whole set from zen market and decided to save up AD to purchase tales later. I just didn't think that the tales would dissapear from sale together with the artifacts, didn't research the news enough probably. I am still so sad about this unfortunate turn of events :( Several players from my guild are also in the same situation. We hoped the tales would be on sale again, but it hasn't happened. Now these artifacts are of much less value to me, especially for my healer, as I was so much counting on AP regen tale at least :( It's so dissapointing, having the best set in the game, but not being able to use it, to its full strength or at all. Please, please bring the tales back :)
  • Options
    When the combat changes go live they are gnna be trash as their item level is half of others. And new system il means everything
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @jeremytheman232 Except almost every 300il artefact gives you power or HP, which are stats to avoid like a plague... so no, the 150il artefacts are still in game. If it gives HP or Power, it is good to have as little IL as possible.
  • Options
    > @rikitaki said:
    > @jeremytheman232 Except almost every 300il artefact gives you power or HP, which are stats to avoid like a plague... so no, the 150il artefacts are still in game. If it gives HP or Power, it is good to have as little IL as possible.

Lower il means less available hp and less stats u can build up
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Lower IL surely means less HP, but also lesser margins, so you most probably have higher damage resistance. You take less damage and are easier to heal. (because as well, you have higher incoming healing) And Power is literally everywhere now, so it only increases your IL, while again the most needed stats drop in efficiency.

In the new system you want IL only if it is accompanied by stats you need, otherwise it is burden. Prime example are the companions - upgrading the summoned one to mythic quality is a road to hell. It really does not help - your performance drops because your IL jumps by 1000 without having reasonable stats behind it.

Anyway, you are talking about 150 IL per artefact, which is 15 base dmg or a few HP respectively. I am adamant at the notion that having correctly selected stats is better than high IL, however, the difference within few hundreds IL is technically within margin of error. And then comes in the special bonuses of the books (lostmouth vengeance, +1 to all atributes, the AP regeneration on activation)... no, the books are really not outdated.