test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give us a way to trade enchants, runestones and insignia for M20

With the upcoming changes most of the players had only radiant enchants (since it was bis pre mod 20) empowered runestones or insignia that gives powers.
Now that the powers will be capped, we should get a way to trade our current runestone, enchants or insignia for another runestone, enchants, insignia.
I hope you guys think about the players that bought your coalescent ward in the zen store to upgrade their radiant enchants rank 14 to rank 15, or the player that bough your legendary insignia choice pack from the zen store for powers insignia. They bought that because it was best in slot pre mod 20, they should not be penalized by the mod 20 changes.

Comments

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    This is the nature of MMOs;

Only commit what you're willing to lose.

Changes like this are used to help create a Global resource re-allocation. If they provided a universal exchange, nothing would change and that defeats the point.

If you feel the largest allocation of time and resources went into your R15 Radiants then Great! Make them the core of your Power gain and shed other forms instead.

Or find someone else who needs a source of Power and trade with them to acquire an equal level enchant that fills a stat gap you need.

That's a key point of these changes; how or where you get your stats will be more flexible and up to you.
  • hamsterhero99#6999 hamsterhero99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    @tgwolf

This is almost impossible, since we have power over capped without any enchants at all ...

Nobody will need them rather early. I have a 20K TR alt, who has 83% power and hardly anything on it ...

Radiants are essentially made useless by no fault of our own and that's the problem. Exactly same thing goes for Empowered Runestones.
  • jbear79jbear79 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Global resource allocation... Yeah, try and sell that one ... 'we came up with these changes because we wanted to pull the rug out from beneath players and force them to change their resource allocation!' What nonsense. They are making the changes because they think they are making a better more easily understandable balanced system, not because they are trying to reset the economy of the game.

However, none of us asked them to do that. This is Neverwinter 3.0. They are changing completely how to make a balanced effective toon and in so doing they are rendering many of the enchantments, runestones and insignias we have acquired over months and moths and months of play, superfluous, and that's not cool.

Remove bondings > offer a fair ad price exchange: cool good move; avoid what would otherwise be rightful player fury and destroying the player base YET AGAIN.

So I agree. You totally change how things work, so you let us totally change what we have. Exchange needs to include enchantments, insignias and runestones as well. This is a no brainer. Otherwise expect justified player fury and the player base to be fragmented and players leaving the game in droves once again. There is no need for that. Offering the ad exchange for the bondings is the right direction. Just continue that line of thinking all the way to everything that has been affected by the imposed changes and we'll all stick around and keep playing.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

This is the nature of MMOs;

Only commit what you're willing to lose.

Changes like this are used to help create a Global resource re-allocation. If they provided a universal exchange, nothing would change and that defeats the point.

If you feel the largest allocation of time and resources went into your R15 Radiants then Great! Make them the core of your Power gain and shed other forms instead.

Or find someone else who needs a source of Power and trade with them to acquire an equal level enchant that fills a stat gap you need.

That's a key point of these changes; how or where you get your stats will be more flexible and up to you.

A warm HAMSTER caps Power.
    - bye bye -
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Every mod something happens. You need to make your builds thinking "next mod maybe i will lose this". Right now might looks like a loss but further in the next mod or even in mod 21 they might come back.
    In the preview i saw you can change enchatments but idk if it was there before or they added it now, other than that i don't see the need for that unless they erase the enchantment. And this changes (that i am not defending) gives you the oportunity to use other items, even those that have def slots so you could have 12k-13k extra hp from those radiants 15.
    Insignias are still cool, you might lose the companion influence but gain some forte that will actually help you (a little at least).
    And do not forget that this just hitted the preview server, everyone still have time to just start hoarding AD and else to be ready. You can either dispair or be prepared.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour