test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rings change from BtA to BtC 12/3

Not sure if anyone else noticed this or not. But I have several alts that I share a set of 4 rings with, to save on # of enchants I need. (I am sure I am not the only one who did/does this).
In todays patch, however, many of the Rings out there went from a straight BtA (Bound to Account) to include the BtC (Bind to Character).

So, I guess I will go back to some old rings, like Protege' on my chars. Since one of my mains will get the main DPS/Tank/Heal set(s). then have to farm more to get them for other mains. (I have 3!)

Just another hidden change (I cannot find any discussion on it anyplace). Always seem to be making the game more of a Grind fest.
I know the underlying goal is to get people to spend money...spend money and SPEND MONEY!
I know of less and less spending, meaning those that do must spend more to make up what Cryptic needs.

Example. Of about 10-15 people I play with, 1 spent money on the Bonus Zen.
Which compared to previous years as well, was terrible. A little bonus Zen. Who cares. You do this several times a year as is.

So, just thought I would inquire as to who else out ...if any...maybe I am an island....get frustrated at the hidden changes.

singed by a very.....
Concerned Player for the state of the NW Community. (5+ years this account, 1st account was lost sometime after launch)

Comments

• Options
    bresaadybresaady Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I came to the forums looking for info on the rings, you're not the only one who noticed and am not sure where to post the problem.

I also have multiple alts and have multiple copies of these rings, in my mailbox that I now cannot access as they are now flagged as 'unique' and will not allow me to remove them from my mailbox.

Needless to say, very frustrating.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User
    The ring of the Brutal Fiend/Fallen Power/Condemned/Overwhelmed are all now "Bound (Account) Binds on Equip (character)". No idea why they make such change. You cannot sell them to AH to begin with.

The above are the rings I noticed. Is there other kind of ring which fall into the same faith?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Same rings you've mentioned, haven't noticed others. They show the same "bound (account) binds on equip (character)" flag on them, however, it's now giving me an error saying cannot hold more then 1 unique item and won't allow me to remove the items from my mailbox. I had multiple copies of the rings in my inventory when I put them into my mailbox to move them to an alt and now cannot access them as of the update this morning.
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    They just decided to destroy all alts. First mount changes, than companion changes (bondings) and now this... My nickel/gold plated rings are also btc. Tho, I can't remember if they were bta before.
  • Options
    I noticed the BTA before, thus they weren't allowed to be exchanged or sold on ah, however they never had a hidden unique flag on them. I was able to hold multiple copies of the same ring to sort through items and consolidate my mail for easy access before the update this morning.
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    There are alot of changes that are made to punish players who play more than one character, ie bonding runestones....

It's just another attempt to try and get players to cough up the dough to stay competitive in end game content.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    If this is WAI, I'm probably done. I have 30 toons and all they seem to be doing is making it harder for me to keep them. Why do they care? They are not losing a cent over sharing rings between toons.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User

If this is WAI, I'm probably done. I have 30 toons and all they seem to be doing is making it harder for me to keep them. Why do they care? They are not losing a cent over sharing rings between toons.

If I had a nickel for everytime you threatened to quit.....sigh.

It is probably an unintentional bug, give them time to respond publicly about the situation.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

I can see them make this change without even a second thought. In their mind, grinding characters (including gear, enchantments, mounts, companions, campaigns, etc) is all a piece of cake and its inconceivable to them that it's even a concern for people. They forget that not everyone gets thousands of zen added to their accounts every month (the devs that did play a while back confirmed that they get this per diem regularly), nor do we get the ability to create items out of thin air.

Ah well....last I checked, we are at 2k average players playing through steam, steadily decreasing, and I don't see them doing anything really to try and improve that situation. Things like this certainly don't help. I know people love hearing the "this is the end of the game" comments....but face facts, they have done some major errors that cost them a ton...and seem to consistently be doing little things that annoy. Lots of little things, lead to big problems.
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Well, if they anger the players enough then they will not have to worry about people reacting like they did with City of Heroes.
    People wanted to buy the IP to continue the game, then it was stolen and is now running rogue.
    Players who have had enough will be easy to get rid of without the problems of the player base trying to save it.
    Kill the love players have for the game and then they can end it all so much easier.

It sure makes it easy to NOT spend any more money of the game.
  • Options
    amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    It appears they have been made unique as well so even if you have not equipped them you can not hold more then one at a time. I have a lot of them from Gary and Mog including some in the mail that cannot be taken out because there is more then one of the same kind in the message.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User

It appears they have been made unique as well so even if you have not equipped them you can not hold more then one at a time. I have a lot of them from Gary and Mog including some in the mail that cannot be taken out because there is more then one of the same kind in the message.

I have multiple copies of these rings in one storage toon. That means I can "hold" more than one. I probably can't add more to it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    How does the unique work? If I have a +4 equipped can I still get a +5 of the same ring to drop?
  • Options
    amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2020

How does the unique work? If I have a +4 equipped can I still get a +5 of the same ring to drop?

In this case I am referring to like rings like say 2 of the same +5s, I have not tested with the +4s

I have multiple copies of these rings in one storage toon. That means I can "hold" more than one. I probably can't add more to it.

Same here, but if you remove one you cannot put it back or add more