test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BEST WAY TO FIX PVP SYSTEM & INCREASE PLAYER BASE (EXAMPLE)

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited December 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
Best way to fix pvp is have 4 brackets with max item lvl for each bracket which is enforced (no equip or unequip of gear tht will increase item lvl past the max allowed)

Example:

1) Bracket 1 : lets say max 22k item lvl

2) Bracket 2 : lets say max 25k item lvl

3) Bracket 3 : Lets say max 28k item lvl

4) Unlimited Item lvl

Each bracket will have leaderboard & rewards but higher rewards at higher lvls and vice versa.

This will make pvp to be fun for all.

Everybody wins
cause if you want better/higher rewards you have to upgrade your toon for next bracket/season

I think Its simple, fair & possible & i believe it will rectify alot of the major issues in pvp atm.

i have discussed this with many players & some of the largest Guild leaders and they agree this would be best way ...maybe not perfect but 100% improvement on current system

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    However the developers want to restrict min/max item lvls and queues is up to them but the principle remains

But i agree with you this is best way - to restrict/enforce & group item lvls in matches/queues/brackets

i hope we can get this, i really do :)

Thanks for your input TRGluesticks
    Post edited by fuxion#7775 on
  • Options
    So, that means that someone can travel from bracket to bracket? Someone can be 28k IL, remove some enchants or insignias and go down to 22k IL. What would you do about those PVP players that just wants to "smurf" into lower categories to get rewards from each category?
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Your brackets system suggestion have been brought up many years ago and reiterate again and again. I think the Devs have said in a stream they don’t plan to implement an item level brackets but this was years ago.

Now pvp is mostly about getting wins on as many accounts as you can for rewards. People Qsyncing and determine win/loss before hand so they can maintain the chart. New players and even vets are being kick from matches. Some Items/gears/mounts are too strong in pvp.

So many problems with pvp, imo, they should temporarily replace it with the chicken pvp we all very much enjoy and bring back a reworked pvp arena that is relevant for lv5-80.
  • Options

So, that means that someone can travel from bracket to bracket? Someone can be 28k IL, remove some enchants or insignias and go down to 22k IL. What would you do about those PVP players that just wants to "smurf" into lower categories to get rewards from each category?

Less rewards at lower levels - Nothing should stop anyone from competing at lower item lvl bracket

its about balancing ...more players around the same lvl so no issue with players running less gear to compete at lower lvls/brackets

• Options
    edited December 2020
    nic1985 said:

Your brackets system suggestion have been brought up many years ago and reiterate again and again. I think the Devs have said in a stream they don’t plan to implement an item level brackets but this was years ago.

Now pvp is mostly about getting wins on as many accounts as you can for rewards. People Qsyncing and determine win/loss before hand so they can maintain the chart. New players and even vets are being kick from matches. Some Items/gears/mounts are too strong in pvp.

So many problems with pvp, imo, they should temporarily replace it with the chicken pvp we all very much enjoy and bring back a reworked pvp arena that is relevant for lv5-80.

Years ago the whole paragon system was different etc etc ... the balance aint bad atm , like class vs class except whisperknife rogue (Completely broken) and i would say Wizard needs more abit more Control imo

What i suggested is supported by the core pvp community and will def make pvp better than it is atm and def worth a try

if this is done they can do away with the whole kicking mechanic ... but i mean atm sometimes its necessary as some players coming to pvp with 15k itm lvl ruining matches ...which is really bad !
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The thing is also ..even with the current leaderboard system ..in general and i say in general you see the better players on top each season so it might not be a perfect system and i doubt we will ever be able to create it perfect but with the bracket/separate leaderboard system as i suggested above it might just put pvp in a much better place ..like seriously it will make huge diffrence to anyone tht want to pvp ... and if you have ever pvp'd in Neverwinter ..the limited times when the match is well or better balanced its absolutely incredible
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Any kind of PVP should always be driven at its core around skill vs skill not gear vs gear ... the motivation to gear-up and upgrade your toon will be in the better rewards at higher lvls so the incentives are there and just allows more achievable short term & long term goals but at same time provide a more enjoyable environment for those who love pvp and i believe will increase the player base as a whole not just pvp but for the game as the positive word will spread and would be a continuation of the great work thats been done recently by Cryptic Studios with the redeemed citadel etc which was and is a huge success imo , player base has increased alot during this time ...

B)

• Options
    miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Surely the developers will simply remove PvP from the game. Cryptics like to remove everything, but not improve. Yes, cryptics?
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I like the idea, but it still sounds like this is splitting the population into 4 different groups/ques. I don't think we could keep that many ques popping right now. We do need an IL restriction, but we don't have the population to set it to the ideal threshold to be competitive, but they could cut out some of the worst examples like blue and green gear characters.

The best case scenario would be players like the brackets idea so much that we have no problem getting ques to pop once this is implemented, but something tells me that won't be the case. Because there won't be enough other good changes happening to PVP at same time and population will take more time than that to expand.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    The problem with pvp and every person who comes with "solution" how fix it is due gear.

The pvp system is broken cuz is too highly relaying on gear, and had less important about player himself.
    Players gets face2face and all do is keboard hammering. Procing builds realated efects and all is matter to outdps other player. Not much usage of enviroment for advantage, not much tactical stuffs.

The chicken pvp ( event) gained popularity only cuz in that event fights, your gear was not important. All mattered how you play.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    edited December 2020

I like the idea, but it still sounds like this is splitting the population into 4 different groups/ques. I don't think we could keep that many ques popping right now. We do need an IL restriction, but we don't have the population to set it to the ideal threshold to be competitive, but they could cut out some of the worst examples like blue and green gear characters.

The best case scenario would be players like the brackets idea so much that we have no problem getting ques to pop once this is implemented, but something tells me that won't be the case. Because there won't be enough other good changes happening to PVP at same time and population will take more time than that to expand.

Thanks TRGluesticks

What i do suggest is a POC (Proof of Concept) to be done...Let the developers run a POC for a season in parallel with normal solo queue and see what the response is.. I mean theres a lot of players in the core pvp community base tht will play their alts at lower brackets and i believe we will see a massive increase in the amount of players tht will pvp if these lower brackets/queues
    are available as their toons will more competitive at these lower lvls ... i mean thts the reason so many dont even attempt pvp atm cause their toons are not geared enough to compete at the current & only one lvl (max lvl) and with only 1 x queue thts really being used currently.

I think the only important part is tht the changes are communicated early and on as many platforms as possible so tht all the current players, old players that might have left and even possible new players can be informed and be aware of the changes tht will be implemented ...

To be honest , I believe in the idea enough tht i am willing to invest effort , time and money in the POC and marketing strategy/campaign to make this work.

I mean PVP has been on such a negative curve for so long because of imbalances bugs lack of attention etc , lets bring pvp back to a fair & fun option in the game cause its possible with not too much effort if done correctly .. like i said any improvement to current system will be welcomed imo as the current system is not really fair or tht much fun atm for alot of players because of only 1 queue being available.

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Thanks TRGluesticks

What i do suggest is a POC (Proof of Concept) to be done...Let the developers run a POC for a season in parallel with normal solo queue and see what the response is.. I mean theres a lot of players in the core pvp community base tht will play their alts at lower brackets and i believe we will see a massive increase in the amount of players tht will pvp if these lower brackets/queues
    are available as their toons will more competitive at these lower lvls ... i mean thts the reason so many dont even attempt pvp atm cause their toons are not geared enough to compete at the current & only one lvl (max lvl) and with only 1 x queue thts really being used currently.

I think the only important part is tht the changes are communicated early and on as many platforms as possible so tht all the current players, old players that might have left and even possible new players can be informed and be aware of the changes tht will be implemented ...

To be honest , I believe in the idea enough tht i am willing to invest effort , time and money in the POC and marketing strategy/campaign to make this work.

I mean PVP has been on such a negative curve for so long because of imbalances bugs lack of attention etc , lets bring pvp back to a fair & fun option in the game cause its possible with not too much effort if done correctly .. like i said any improvement to current system will be welcomed imo as the current system is not really fair or tht much fun atm for alot of players because of only 1 queue being available.

This sounds similar to how solo que got introduced. It was introduced as an event with the possibility of being made permanent and people loved it back then. It was given the green light to be made permanent. When PVP is neglected for long enough, a majority of people will welcome just about anything new and look past how it will age. And when something is new, more people play the new thing until its not new anymore. That's exactly what happened with solo que and solo que unfortunately didn't age well, it had some severe cons that gradually became more apparent over time and the other issues with PVP that got worse over the years also played a hand in this. We would be better off now removing solo que and only having the regular dom que as the 5vs5 option.

The 4 brackets idea thankfully doesn't have the same severity of cons as solo que, its biggest cons are the bit about whether or not our population can support it and of course whether or not its designed well enough to work as advertised. The reason I mention the solo que pattern is because it would be easy to be tricked into thinking the brackets idea will retain enough people to keep the 4 ques popping while its new, simply because more people are temporarily taking an interest in PVP. But the big question is whether or not it will retain enough people to make all 4 ques pop or if we are back to square 1 only with fewer players able to keep the 1 que people choose popping.

Note that this consideration assumes that the brackets idea got enough people when its in temporary form to at least temporarily keep it popping. As I explained before, it probably won't have enough people right off the bat to make all 4 ques pop. There are a lot fewer people than there were when solo que had its event rounds.

Brackets PVP also will take occasional maintenance on the devs part, to update the IL restrictions as time goes on.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    Very little effort is required to create the 4 Bracket system.

and like i have mentioned before and to agree with you to some extent - the reason we have such small pvp community in comparison to pve is because of 1 solo queue and lower lvl players get kicked or wrecked !

its simple - this is not fair and needs to change.