test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newbie Question....

I hit 80 earlier this week, first character. Dwf Paladin, Tank.

If I que in Random, are the dungeons that say "locked" able to pop up in random, or are they actually locked until I do the quest that is required?

Thank You

Comments

• deaththaed#4569 deaththaed Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    All of them up to lair of the mad mage are unlocked for the random q, even if you didnt unlock them specificly (FBI, t9g, lomm, cradle of the death god ...)
    All dungeons and trials wich can Pop up in a queue are listed if you scroll Down At q Choose .
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    The random ques, from what little I know, allows you into anything you "qualify for" under item level. Otherwise entering as pug (pick up group) you would have a much longer wait time to get into the random dungeon. Many of these dungeons are just ran by players for quick AD. I know, I wouldn't care for this spoiler version of seeing the end of a campaign before I get to complete it. This is not a bug, it is a feature.
  • Ok so here's my situation....
    I've been 80 for maybe a week, and I've been trying to quest in Vallenhas. The issue is my health is dropping WAY to quickly (esp for me being a Paladin Tank). So how am I supposed to get gear? I am used to Quests > Dungeons. Is it supposed to be Dungeons > Quests in this game?

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User

Ok so here's my situation....
    I've been 80 for maybe a week, and I've been trying to quest in Vallenhas. The issue is my health is dropping WAY to quickly (esp for me being a Paladin Tank). So how am I supposed to get gear? I am used to Quests > Dungeons. Is it supposed to be Dungeons > Quests in this game?

Yes, I feel the same. I am use to games where you quest for armor or you beat up bosses that drop good armor.

My wife acquired armors from the demon locked in the cage outside the keep. Join APE encounters (every 30 minutes I think?) these pay 50 whatever currency and you can trade the little demon 100 of the whatever currency to get a random item. The armors in the bag bind on account and are item level 1225 each. Kill 2 APEs get 100 Koopa coins and trade them for a bag of random delights? I have no clue what is the "best" armor but she went there with armor at item level 770. Ask in game, you might find something better.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Yes, I feel the same. I am use to games where you quest for armor or you beat up bosses that drop good armor.

My wife acquired armors from the demon locked in the cage outside the keep. Join APE encounters (every 30 minutes I think?) these pay 50 whatever currency and you can trade the little demon 100 of the whatever currency to get a random item. The armors in the bag bind on account and are item level 1225 each. Kill 2 APEs get 100 Koopa coins and trade them for a bag of random delights? I have no clue what is the "best" armor but she went there with armor at item level 770. Ask in game, you might find something better.
    Ape can happen anytime in different instance. Watch the chat to see if anyone announce that.

These days, I don't know how active ape HE hunting is or how fast an ape HE can be done. It used to keep jumping from one instance to another continuously and the ape be killed in short period of time. Since there is a new area and an event going, the area may not be as active. Ape HE is not easy (to solo) for those who are farming for armours. You will need to a group to get that done.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

u need to do masster expenditions too... stardock too
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    have you completed undermountain
    that should be your first stop for armours and companion gear a lot of bis gear is found in master expiditions
    get a augment companion get best comp gear you can get your bonding runestones as high as you can
    after undermountain do stardock as at end of that you get a garaunteed il 1010 companion item
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    As a fresh 80 you will need to ensure that bondings, companions and gear for the companion is as good as possible. This makes up a large amount of your stats when maxed out. Under Mountain and Vallenhas are both very helpful for building up your character, Expeditions from the end of Under Mountain provide great gear for companions and should be done.
  • inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Also as a fresh 80 you prob dont have many boons. Perks you get from completing other campaigns. These increase your stats and give you item level. Yes gear is important but so are the boons.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If you can't handle Vallenhas, drop back to Undermountain and work there. Or lower areas.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

If you can't handle Vallenhas, drop back to Undermountain and work there. Or lower areas.

Yes this is the golden rule of all MMOs run the earlier campaigns for boons, experience on how to play your class and grind to get stuff from the Auction House.
  • tluigi#0896 tluigi Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @"thestreamerslife#6161" said:
    > I hit 80 earlier this week, first character. Dwf Paladin, Tank.
    >
    > If I que in Random, are the dungeons that say "locked" able to pop up in random, or are they actually locked until I do the quest that is required?
    >
    > Thank You

I am very new, 2 days, I choose artificer, as a profession. Was a good choice? Or maybe blacksmith is a better one.

> @thestreamerslife#6161 said:

> I hit 80 earlier this week, first character. Dwf Paladin, Tank.

>

> If I que in Random, are the dungeons that say "locked" able to pop up in random, or are they actually locked until I do the quest that is required?

>

> Thank You

I am very new, 2 days, I choose artificer, as a profession. Was a good choice? Or maybe blacksmith is a better one.

It does not really matter. To be effective, you need all of them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • skinnydwarf#9750 skinnydwarf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi all
    I want too ask you about few questions.
    I probably will try back to the game after 1,5 y break and i have few questions.
    1. How many ppl now spend time in game. I dont see to much players. Nev is still playable?
    2. My main char was GF tank/buff but now i thin it doesn't exist. Probably i must change everything pets, ench, mount etc. i want play like tank or tank/buff. Fighter is still good option or paladin is better?
    3. What are the biggest differences between fighter tank and paladin tank?
    4. Last time i spend a lot of time in game, now i have only something like 1-2h is that enough to do something? Last time i remember a lot of grind.

Hi all

I want too ask you about few questions.

I probably will try back to the game after 1,5 y break and i have few questions.

1. How many ppl now spend time in game. I dont see to much players. Nev is still playable?

2. My main char was GF tank/buff but now i thin it doesn't exist. Probably i must change everything pets, ench, mount etc. i want play like tank or tank/buff. Fighter is still good option or paladin is better?

3. What are the biggest differences between fighter tank and paladin tank?

4. Last time i spend a lot of time in game, now i have only something like 1-2h is that enough to do something? Last time i remember a lot of grind.

1. No idea. But in the new area, Avernus, there are many instances. Last night, I saw instance 127 there (that does not mean there were 127 concurrent instances). It is just one area. In Redeemed Citadel Milestone 4 Leaderboard, the rank of one of my characters is 9106 with 0 contribution. That means there were 9105 different characters did make at least 1 point.
    2. No comment on GF (now is called Fighter) because I don't play one.
    3. No comment.
    4. It depends on what you do in that 1 to 2 hours. It also depends on what your "something" in your "do something" is. Yes, it still have a lot of grind.