test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Revamp/Quests suggestion

I believe a lot of the game must follow the Forgotten Realms/WoTC lore so there may be some limitations to creativity development, however I'm wondering if that would apply to the Stronghold? It's such a nice zone that seems to be largely ignored so why not explore possibilities of:
- Adding/Updating Quests
- Adding/Updating Gear that drops from SH
- Getting a true PvP setup in place where alliances can raid other alliances stores (alliance A mat raid and take resources which may even cause level drops or even be able to damage structures therefore forcing the attacked alliance to spend hoarded resources to do repairs)

I believe this would help give end game & beginner players with more content that may not go against Forgotten Realms lore

Answers

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Someone just posted a similar SH suggestion and I responded but will repost it here too:

From a previous Dev stream, they did mentioned SH was coded by former Devs and they can't rework/update those codes, so they have to rebuild/rework from scratch. That why it is taking them so long and rarely/no SH updates at all. Their goals is for a complete rework/release of a new Stronghold. Hopefully this will be release sometime in 2021.
  • krysoprase#0717 krysoprase Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    May I add something that could be implemented now via editing (quick sql search to find the guilds whos rank 7 leaders with logon times of more than a year ago) and later as part of the reprogram. If all the GL's have not logged on for more than a year (easy database check) then the next highest guild character who has logged on within the last year is promoted to GL level. This is to stop guilds dying where the only GL has lost interest and no longer plays the game.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    There is already a system in place to pass guild leadership if no rank 7s have logged in within either 1 or 2 months. (I forget the time)
  • krysoprase#0717 krysoprase Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I haven't been able to find any detail on that?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Like I said, I forget the exact time period, but after that time has passed with no rank 7 logon, then the guild leader ship is offered to the next rank 6 that logs in. After an additional month, if no takers, the next rank 5 is offered. this continues each month until a rank 1 could theoretically claim the guild. Try searching the forums for the topic.
  • molchar#7365 molchar Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I hope they upgrade the dragonflight stuff. no one does it anymore because even uncommon (green) Avernus gear is better.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

Like I said, I forget the exact time period, but after that time has passed with no rank 7 logon, then the guild leader ship is offered to the next rank 6 that logs in. After an additional month, if no takers, the next rank 5 is offered. this continues each month until a rank 1 could theoretically claim the guild. Try searching the forums for the topic.

The Rank 6 advancement is 30 days.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I hope they upgrade the dragonflight stuff. no one does it anymore because even uncommon (green) Avernus gear is better.

I agree that 'player made gear' from the Workshop, MasterWorks or Should be competitive at all times, but we still have the Stronghold cannot be easily updated problem.
  • yoshiicapone#2520 yoshiicapone Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and feedback.
    I wasn't aware of the previous code challenges, however it makes sense and at the same time gives me the bad feels.
    I work in Technology, Senior management and am aware of both the pros and cons of a shared resource model and I have to tell ya...blaming "old code = sorry, can't do anything until xyz" is just downright poor however based on what I saw as a response in this thread I believe with their awareness and (seeming) desire to improve the game I am happy that 2021 looks like many good things coming our way and I am looking forward to it.
  • themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Now it works, the next rank simply needs to press reclaim leadership. The BIG PROBLEM IS TRYING TO GET RID OF OLD LEADERS and their alts 14days each ARE WE CRAZY?
    Post edited by themoore on