test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unfair disadvantages to Dragonborn, Metallic dragonborn Races

Hi, We the dragonborns are being denied by a significant portion of the game. We can't have head appearance from almost all items. I recently bought Metallic ancestry dragonborn race with real money. Then i realized this disability of dragonborn race. As the halloween event just launched i was excited to get the cryptic mask to be in ghost form. I even started the daily quests for the item to participate in the competition, but then i realized you can't change your appearance . Why? just because we belongs to a certain race? Don't you think we should get and use the event rewards at least?
Tagged:

Comments

• nonte333#0934 nonte333 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I didn't pay for it, I didn't pay for that i can't use an event reward. This is really unfair, i don't know why they didn't think about it.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2020

I didn't pay for it, I didn't pay for that i can't use an event reward. This is really unfair, i don't know why they didn't think about it.

They thought about it but are not allowed to do so. This issue has come up A LOT since the race was released and there has also been an official statement about it (years ago). Wizard of the Coast only allows Cryptic to use specific head transmutes on Dragonborns. If Cryptic starts to give a Dragonborn a witch hat they would violate the D&D license.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
    @hastati96 But there should always be a solution to satisfy the client. There can always be a storyline which can allow dragonborn to use atleast event specific items.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

@hastati96 But there should always be a solution to satisfy the client. There can always be a storyline which can allow dragonborn to use atleast event specific items.

If your boss doesn't allow it you can't do it. It is not a satisfying answer but sadly it is this way.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I got both dragonborn races (both with AD to Zen) and there are times when i get really mad that i can't use certain head gear as appearance (like demon hunter's trackers). This really suck, but at least we are the only class that can rock Wicked Horns.
    Other than that, i can understand that the higher ups won't want the class to be changed that much and at the same time the "man, i wish i could put.." from the playerbase.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

But the events' rewards should always be available to everyone to every race. They could make the item as anything else than a headgear. They know very well that certain race can't use the headgear appearance.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    The Ghost mask is not the event reward. The reward is an item that transforms you into a ghost - into the team leader, not into yourself with a ghosty effect. So Dragonborns will be able to use the event reward just like everybody else, you can just not see the visuals of your team mask during the 2 weeks the event is on. The mask will expire after that.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    You can also wear any of the masks offered in the halloween event. I have 2 dragonborns who wear pumpkin heads.
  • aelracaelrac Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Anyone know if the winning costume (werewolf) from last year works on DBs?
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    aelrac said:

yes those transform your whole toon fully so no issues there.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

Did the stick-man-transform from 2 years ago do something different?
  • aelracaelrac Member Posts: 18 Arc User

aelrac said:

Thanks!