test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reward System (Tarmalune Weekly Challenges)

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
The new loot system is implemented reasonably from a standpoint of what is given to the general public. However, players are not satisfied as it relies heavily on RNG concept.

Personally, after just about 4-5 runs of Shores of Tuern, I lose the interest to pursue more. As there is no challenge, there is no interest.
This is on me, and I'm sure that there are people who'd farm more. However, I know I'm not alone in this.

If we're having a system with two chests, one needing a specially crafted key, and one being the reward, on top of which there is a 5.000 AD sink for rerolls, then the collective reroll prize should be awarded to the players who spent 20.000 AD in total. Since this isn't really feasible, there should be an alternative way to get some prizes, which doesn't revolve solely on receiving the Tarmalune tradebars on a chance.

Since this is an MMO, there needs to be a solid form of feeling that people aren't simply wasting their time pursuing something for no reason other than to spend countless AD on rerolls in dungeons.

This is why I propose a better system of rewarding people for playing together and achieving a collective prize, obtainable once per week on a single character per account.

Tarmalune Rewards Overhaul

Easy Tier

Gameplay focus:

• For absolute newbies to get accustomed to the game
  • Easiest content with lowest tier prizes
Skirmish Tier T.B.
Master of the Hunt Easy 1
Prophecy of Madness Easy 1
Throne of the Dwarven Gods Easy 1
Illusionist's Gambit Easy 1
The Merchant Prince's Folly Easy 1
Kessell's Retreat Easy 1
The Shores of Tuern Easy 1
Manycoins Bank Heist Easy 1
Bonus for completing all No Deaths 12 SUM : 20

Medium Tier

Gameplay focus:

• Newcomers learning how to play the game in a team
  • People helping each other regardless of their skill
  • Active communication and preparation in advance for guildies/friends/allies
Dungeon Tier T.B.
Temple of the Spider (Master) Medium 5
Cragmire Crypt (Master) Medium 5
Gray Wolf Den (Master) Medium 5
Malabog's Castle Medium 5
Castle Never Medium 5
Valindra's Tower Medium 5
Lair of Lostmauth Medium 5
Bonus for completing all No Deaths 15 SUM : 50

Hard Tier

Gameplay Focus:

• Pressure to obtain the final prize
Dungeon Tier T.B.
Fangbreaker Island Hard 5
Spellplague Caverns (Master) Hard 5
Tomb of the Nine Gods Hard 5
Castle Ravenloft Hard 5
Lair of the Mad Mage Hard 5
The Infernal Citadel Hard 5
Bonus for completing all No Deaths 70 SUM : 100
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The re-roll is to encourage (directly or indirectly) people to get VIP and have multiple playable characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I'll add that aside from the Company needing money to run a business like an MMO, there should be people that actually have fun in running content with their friends.

At the moment, newbies are more interested in running dungeons due to RNG chances to obtain highly valuable prizes, but at the expense of RNG.
    Veterans tend not to run a lot of dungeons, bar testing whenever some change emerges. When there is no progress, people give up.
    People I know generally already gave up on running both ToMM and Zariel's Challenge. But there is a way to change that.

Daily AD obtainable per account is 100.000 AD, which results in a very few dungeons actually being playable since the loot/reroll is often diminished. Having multiple toons and three rerolls a day is also not very good in the long run. People will rather hoard Reroll tokens and keep them for when it is a 2xShard/Ward event, and then multirun either CODG or similar fast dungeon/trial/skirmish.

Many dungeons are often not played due to their obsolete status. One idea is to remove them completely, in which case all money spent on creating said content is wasted. To my mind comes Barovia and more notably Castle Ravenloft that still is a very notable topic in DnD world itself. Castle Ravenloft has a few bugs currently, but more importantly it is not enticing to get it in a REDQ as it takes a pretty long time to complete for an average player. I see this every other week and people complaining all the time, often leaving at the expense of penalty.

BUT

If we get an overhaul of the tarmalune system, CR would be a mandatory dungeon to run. And this way more people playing will result in more people reporting bugs, getting fixes in the longer run.

This would help to older players to revisit some of the older dungeons, it would help people to see how they scale one with each-other in various content, it would help to attract new players as well, and would help to promote some of the F2P model we used to have before and diminish the idea that the game completely became P2W.

The prizes are hard to obtain, with a risk involved, would be once per week per account, but essentially help to make some progress for the people in the general sense.

In total 170 Tarmalune Tradebars in such a scenario where there is not a single death.
    That would be a weekly goal for any player. 680 a month. 1160 per two months.
    Essentially, you'd need two months to even get some return and in the start this doesn't even look like something worthwhile to do since it is a grind in many ways, can look forced, but it is also keeping many dungeons playable with something tangible such as Tarmalune Tradebars.

Furthermore, it would be optional.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I really like this idea.
    Really any idea to get more people running dungeons is one that I'll support, but this one could be a big help to newer players.

I feel like the prizes are small enough to not break the market but can add up to feel like they are still a small reward.
    With the price of stones of health usualy between 100k-150k, Being able to get an extra stone or 2 Is quite significant for a newer player