test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the best value item(s) to spend token of Participation on?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
What is the best value item(s) to spend token of Participation on?

Companion upgrade token?
Mount upgrade token?
Mark of Potency? Which one.

I don't need Blood Ruby, AD or Enchanting stones.

Thanks.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I spent mine on Mount tokens. Sybella provides the rest.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Make sense. Thanks. ... except there is no after event vendor. Duh!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I went mount tokens.

Comp tokens are in sybella so there are other ways to get them. MOPS are also sybella or AD. There is more value in the box of rad than mops but it's rad and many have a backlog already.
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    I went for health stones. You can always use more health stones and currently they are pretty expensive on the auction house
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I personally went for companion upgrade tokens.

Best for me, because
    - I still need to upgrade some comps on my main to legendary
    - there are no legendary companions in the AH, from game-play or the ZEN-Store. Best you can get is epic, so you need those tokens to upgrade to max

Second best would be mount tokens imo, but over time there will be 10+ account-wide mythic mounts available at a comparably low cost. Once you have 10 account-wide mythic mounts, upgrading another mount to mythic is a waste of resources (unless you desperately need more than 10 different mount powers at mythic level)-

Generally, I do not like to spend large amounts on a *single* character for stuff that can be acquired in due time for *all* characters on my account. Specifically
    - I could upgrade my 3 legendary and 6 epic mounts on my main to mythic for an insane amount of mount upgrade tokens, mainly to get my main's mount bolster from 43% to 100%. Currently I have 10% (from my mythic account-wide KingOfSpines) + 15% (3 legendary account-wide mounts at 5% bolster each) + 18% (6 account-wide epic mounts at 3% bolster each) = 43%. But upgrading the mounts to mythic would only benefit my main.
    The more efficient (but slower) alternative is:
    - save my lockbox keys from VIP until a new lockbox comes out; acquire the new account-wide mythic mount essentially for free from my lockbox keys (or for ~ 5Mio AD from AH, if the rng rules against me)

I find the efficient (but slower) alternative far more appealing.
    Now, if upgrading my epic/leg mounts to mythic would be significantly cheaper, or if they would offer an account-wide upgrade option, I would do it for the temporary advantage. But in the long run this is wasted resources, in particular if I figure in the insane upgrade cost. End game players, that require near 100% bolster, might see this differently. But currently my 43% bolster serves me rather well.

• Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    The rAD box is the best value... but only if you can use them.
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

The rAD box is the best value... but only if you can use them.

I would guess that many players that have been around for more than a year, including my rather casual self, are capped at rAD.
    I think I have almost a month of rAD backlogged, so neither rAD boxes nor Bonus-rAD are of any worth to me
  • Options
    micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I know its late, but healthstones are the most worthwhile thing. The small amount of mount tokens is insignificant for now.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Sybella has supplied all the companion tokens I need. Spent all mine on crack... Health Stones. I don't plan to upgrade mounts, I don't see the real value in doing it. However I am the person who gave away a Mount Collar of Choice pack to a contest winner last Wednesday too. o.O I guess the value is in the eye of the beholder? Go kill a beholder and open the eye to find the answer!

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif