test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 3 Hunt not bad......

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
The tier 3 hunt is actually fun and challenging. The only problem I have with it is that if you are not in the "party" that summons the boss you get nothing. Why ask the "instance" to fight a world boss!? Then give the players that helped defeat the boss nothing???? I am trying to wrap my head around that. I have done in a que group, group that didn't summon the boss, and a group that summoned the boss. It's a long hard fight with no incentive if you are not in the group that summoned the boss. I don't understand every MMO I have played you get rewards for participating in world boss fights, but not this game. Amazing.

The T3 boss may not be a world boss because it's a summoned boss based off the hunt system to some players. It has a raid like feel to it which is nice missed that feeling since Tiamat was nerfed. Well that's my opinion on the subject, I would like to hear what some of you guys think.

Some changes that I think could make things a little more interesting:
1. Rewards for all that participate
2. Increase the instance capacity to 25 for that 25 man raid feel.
3. Allow the summoner to place everyone in que groups for rewards/loot.

Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I agree with every stated point, and if i may add:

Make the boss hit way harder and make it so that he actually cares about aggro. So that way it requires a tank, as currently tanks are completely useless on this bossfight other than taking 3 stings whenever boss feels like it.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    dagambit said:

It's a long hard fight with no incentive if you are not in the group that summoned the boss.

Personnally, I don't need incentive or being rewarded when i'm asked to give a hand, or simply randomly there or answering a call for help. I only ask for a friendly ambience within the hunters ^^.
    Sharing some of my time with friendly people is satisfying enough ;), I don't need more (but welcome it if there is more than that obvously :P).

In a sense, i'm smiling to the T3 "needing more than the 5p-party with the lure + no one external to this party droping anything".
    It reveals those who think your help is due (and within some standards), those who consider you/other players not different than some sort of disposable NPC, those who naturally propose some deals in exchange for your help, those who are glad to selflessly help, and those who directely ask for interests in exchange of their help.
    That's nice to have this tiny window on the various players and their mindset, it helps me better filter my friendlist :P.

Anyway though,
    dagambit said:

I would like to hear what some of you guys think.

I can agree with you, there should be something for the "helpers" as a loot.
    Not necessary the same loot as the "lure-party", because in a sense the current system is also a method to prevent leechers from freely leeching someone else lure (why should i bother working on chains and T1, and T2, and T3 if i can just sit on the hunt spot waiting for other to trigger their hard acquired lures), but at least a little something else.

Or maybe the idea of open world bosses as hunts (especially the highest tier ones) doesn't really fit with NWO.
    Maybe it would be better to allow everyone involved in the fight to have the same looting chances/be part of the need/greed/pass for the loots, but "bubble" the fight.
    For exemple creating a fence around the lure-spot when triggered, sending all the players who are in the "lure-queue" inside the fence, while also kicking out anyone else and then prevent anyone else from entering the bubble, (and still allowing the fight to be seen in the open world so it can be watched by not-invited players)

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

dagambit said:

It's a long hard fight with no incentive if you are not in the group that summoned the boss.

Or maybe the idea of open world bosses as hunts (especially the highest tier ones) doesn't really fit with NWO.
    Maybe it would be better to allow everyone involved in the fight to have the same looting chances/be part of the need/greed/pass for the loots, but "bubble" the fight.
    For exemple creating a fence around the lure-spot when triggered, sending all the players who are in the "lure-queue" inside the fence, while also kicking out anyone else and then prevent anyone else from entering the bubble, (and still allowing the fight to be seen in the open world so it can be watched by not-invited players)

personally i am more then happy to help if i am in the area but i wouldnt jump instance or drop what i am doing except for alliance
    however i do like this idea just dont know with track record whether this would/ could work without breaking everything else

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Because people complained loudly when people outside the group were getting drops. Sort of justifiable in regards to the Lures and Item drops, but I think the favors and remains should be able to be received by anyone that contributed.

My guess is, they couldn't figure out a way to program that, and therefore just isolated everything to the single party and the guy that used the lure.

They need to design an option for larger than 5 man parties. Just allow a queue group of 10 to get it or something. We used to have 25 man instances so Im sure the coding is still there. WoW did 40 man instances before this game was even a thought....I would think this game could figure out a way to allow for a 15-20 man group, considering they are making bosses that require this many people. Probably dreaming though - making a super hard boss is easier than changing party mechanics.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Loot isn't the only possible reward.

They could, for instance, bestow a random blessing upon the survivors of the ordeal within 100 feet.

Blessing of War: +3% damage for 2 hours
    Blessing of Protection: +3% damage reduction for 2 hours
    Blessing of Peace: +3% incoming/outgoing heal for 2 hours

This encourages participation from all over the server, without encouraging repeat farming by a mob.
  • tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    People already spamming for T1,T2 invites just for favour(they still get remains though). I can see the "just favour" reward, as an option, if there is way to prevent afk/bot/leeching. Getting actual loot gear,etc will drive people away from farming t1,t2 trophies for sure.
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I have been trying to coming up with ways to include the instance or people lending a hand. The que invite would mitigate it, and I definitely understand mooching off the the person who spent time get the lure as well because it is a chore. Playing the game for over six years I know the NWO community is always willing to help.
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    dagambit maybe if you turned the whole fight intro its own instance ie only party who had lure get loot everyone else gets favour maybe some remains
    maybe instead of boss porting to you everyone standing on the alter gets ported to the boss