test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEVS Please Answer this........For the Love of.......

Listen. I love this game. I have been playing it for years......and years. I have never come to the forums really. I have been patient and loyal. This time I AM REALLY REALLY........Angry

We just finished Milestone 1 on XBOX. I dont have the time to be top 100..... but I went well over 28000. Why did I do this. To have my points roll over to Milestone 2..............ONLY THEY DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally just wasted points and time that I could have been doing other things in the game. AT LEAST put a disclaimer on the top that says SORRY FRIEND your points do not roll over because if they did you would simply game straight for 20 days and be done with all 4 Milestones. Not all of us stay up until 3 AM grinding. We do however work a little hard at times and would like to be rewarded for extra effort. At a minimum you could roll those points in to the next milestone.

Let me say this in a nice way. BAD BAD Developer Decision. Please fix this or at least put a warning label on top.

Comments

• Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Not to be rude, why did you expect it to roll over to MII? If you play the game for years, then you should know or in a guild/Alliance where you can ask other or even here in the forum? The roll over question was asked a few times and been answered.
  • Options
    cfears#6513 cfears Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    nic1985 said:

Not to be rude, why did you expect it to roll over to MII? If you play the game for years, then you should know or in a guild/Alliance where you can ask other or even here in the forum? The roll over question was asked a few times and been answered.

I play in an Alliance and nobody discussed it.

It is not labeled in game. I see you are a playtester. So you are privy to information that the rest of us are not early on. I saw nothing from Nova, Aragon and other content providers discussing this....unless I missed them discussing it somehow.

I should not have to turn to forums to SEARCH my way to an answer that is very important to gameplay. (By the way I ran a search and cannot find the right phrase apparently to get the answer to my question.)

Let me turn it around on you. Why wouldn't it roll over? Or better........why do you agree with the decision to not roll over?

How hard is it to put a warning label up. ADDITIONAL POINTS WILL NOT ROLLOVER. If I missed it in game somewhere please show me. I will sulk back to my hole...growl at the lunacy of such a decision and move on. In this case though I do not see it in game and for a casual player (regardless of how many years I have played) this is important.

Also you asked me why I think it should rollover. Simple. I did the work!

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

nic1985 said:

I play in an Alliance and nobody discussed it.

It is not labeled in game. I see you are a playtester. So you are privy to information that the rest of us are not early on. I saw nothing from Nova, Aragon and other content providers discussing this....unless I missed them discussing it somehow.

I should not have to turn to forums to SEARCH my way to an answer that is very important to gameplay. (By the way I ran a search and cannot find the right phrase apparently to get the answer to my question.)

Let me turn it around on you. Why wouldn't it roll over? Or better........why do you agree with the decision to not roll over?

How hard is it to put a warning label up. ADDITIONAL POINTS WILL NOT ROLLOVER. If I missed it in game somewhere please show me. I will sulk back to my hole...growl at the lunacy of such a decision and move on. In this case though I do not see it in game and for a casual player (regardless of how many years I have played) this is important.

Also you asked me why I think it should rollover. Simple. I did the work!

I am not a playtester and I knew it. it does seem like common sense here that it wouldn't roll over. otherwise how would the leaderboards even make sense from mile stone to mile stone. no one would have a chance of catching up if they didn't do it from the get go.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    (I am not a playtester and I knew it. it does seem like common sense here that it wouldn't roll over. otherwise how would the leaderboards even make sense from mile stone to mile stone. no one would have a chance of catching up if they didn't do it from the get go. )----Forgot my old school BB Code lol

I would have had a separate line for each Milestone for leaderboards. So you have a new chance each milestone. The basic work you do though should be rolled over. That is like working and not getting paid for your work. Basic economics. You are kidding yourself if you think this wasn't done on purpose.

Lets give them grind to do .......without reward if they go over...... to keep them going for longer........so we have more time to develop. I get it. Still doesn't make it right.

I will make sure I only do the correct amount now. I guarantee you there are many other players that woke up today on XBOX and said WTH. Why in the hell did I just do two HC dungeons last night that dont carry over and now I have to wait another week for a new set.

ALL OF THIS would be fine if they put a label that said DOES NOT CARRY OVER. Keep going if you wish to be in the top 100.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Why did you expect it would be roll over? If it did not say it does, why do you expect that? It might or it might not.
    You made assumption and it was a wrong assumption. You rolled the dice. You did the work. You got your ZF which has values although you may not care. You could have come here to ask. You would have your answer from PC players. When you were in milestone I, we were in milestone 2 already. No, I did not make that assumption when I was in Milestone I. I "assumed" it would not roll over. Should I be angry if it actually did?

The streamer did not say anything about it because it was obvious for PC players without saying because PC players were in milestone 2.

In addition, keep going has nothing to do with top 100 because the leaderboard stops at the moment the server progress reached 100%. Keep going is to earn ZF.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477213-the-redeemed-citadel!

There is one sentence in the 'news' that implies it won't roll over indirectly.

So be sure to work hard during each milestone so you don't miss out on any personal rewards

The keyword is 'during' in 'during each milestone'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Why did you expect it would be roll over? If it did not say it does, why do you expect that? It might or it might not.
    You made assumption and it was a wrong assumption. You rolled the dice. You did the work. You got your ZF which has values although you may not care. You could have come here to ask. You would have your answer from PC players. When you were milestone I, we were in milestone 2 already. No, I did not make that assumption when I was in Milestone I. I "assumed" it would not roll over. Should I be angry if it actually did?

The streamer did not say anything about it because it was obvious for PC players without saying because PC players were in milestone 2.

Same reason. You do the work. You get paid. You work overtime, you get paid overtime. Lets get real about the value of rebuying things I should already have. We are doing GRIND for progression to actual rewards....not a little bag of Astral Diamonds or Teleport scrolls. That is all. That is an assumption that should always be made.

This isn't a lockbox that requires RNG. I know what I am getting into there. This is different.

Should be Three Tracks, not two. Separate line for Milestone Leaders restarting every milestone. Again. This was not well thought out by the developers....or it was done for the wrong reason.

All of you on PC keep saying that you knew this. 1. How? Where exactly was this information... a forum post...patch notes???? other than finding out the hard way....and 2. Why didn't you pass on the information? Would have been useful. Don't just say forums. Show me where.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    You got ZF for your overtime. By the way, did you buy Reforger's blessing pack? If not, doing this campaign is waste of time in my opinion anyway regardless if the extra 'work' is roll over or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    sorry, no sympathy with this one and while there are a lot of things this game does to get me all grumpy.. this just doesn't even register. this was your own mistake, that I think you were pretty alone in making.
  • Options

sorry, no sympathy with this one and while there are a lot of things this game does to get me all grumpy.. this just doesn't even register. this was your own mistake, that I think you were pretty alone in making.

Not true. I was watching XBOX chat today and saw people bitching. This is an easy fix for the devs. A warning. Pretty simple.

• Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    I did not play test RC , the tag you see is a very old one from Mod9.

Roll over ZF for top ranking would not work, as there are still players who are unlocking RC, they would never have a chance.
  • Options

You got ZF for your overtime. By the way, did you buy Reforger's blessing pack? If not, doing this campaign is waste of time in my opinion anyway regardless if the extra 'work' is roll over or not.

Yes I did. Listen. I just hate that I could have been doing something else in game. I chose to do the work because it should roll over in my and others opinion. Separate line restarting for the diehards pushing to top 100. Maybe I will just agree ..........just like the country..... we are split on this ;)

• Options
    nic1985 said:

I did not play test RC , the tag you see is a very old one from Mod9.

Roll over ZF for top ranking would not work, as there are still players who are unlocking RC, they would never have a chance.

I would have made a separate line for the players racing to Top 100 that restarts. I could explain it on a chalk board but I dont have one here. Everyone else...what you earn above the mark rolls over for your basic rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

All of you on PC keep saying that you knew this. 1. How? Where exactly was this information... a forum post...patch notes???? other than finding out the hard way....and 2. Why didn't you pass on the information? Would have been useful. Don't just say forums. Show me where.

PC is ahead of Console. When you were in milestone 1, we were in milestone 2. Hence, if you asked about milestone 1 question when you were in milestone I, PC players could tell you what had happened. Everyone in PC already knew the answer.

Did PC user know about if it would be roll over or not when PC was in Milestone I? Probably not. We either asked here to figure that out or we made assumption. However, we know when we make assumption, it may not go for our assumption. Frankly, I personally did not expect it would roll over at all. I Personally did not ask.

PC is in milestone 3 now. If you have question about milestone 2, you should ask.
  • Options

PC is ahead of Console. When you were in milestone 1, we were in milestone 2. Hence, if you asked about milestone 1 question, PC players could tell you what had happened.

Did PC user know about if it would be roll over or not when PC was in Milestone I? Probably not. We either asked here to figure that out or we made assumption. However, we know when we make assumption, it may not go for our assumption.

PC is in milestone 3 now. If you have question about milestone 3, you should ask.
    Fair enough. This is why I am asking the DEVS. what the hell were they thinking. I played City of Heroes 8 years straight. Very loyal player until the destruction of the game. One thing though.....the devs talked to us. We had good insight with them and at times they listened.

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

I'm sorry but you are being disingenuous here. We can only play by the documentation in the event shows us in the game. I am not talking about learning strategy and best builds, but the very basic rules of the event/game.

The excuse to come here and read the forum is insulting esp as the actual event doesn't inform us to do so. If we do need to come here for further info it means by definition they are failing at providing proper instruction in game. If I buy a Monopoly game I don't have to go to another source to find the rules on how to play the game as the rules come with the game. An online game should be no different. Defending Cryptic's incompetence is asinine.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Same reason. You do the work. You get paid. You work overtime, you get paid overtime.

It isn't a job.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Same reason. You do the work. You get paid. You work overtime, you get paid overtime.

It isn't a job.
    No it isn't. The grind makes it feel as such. Listen. You are defending something that could easily have been fixed....or simple warnings. They use gates for other game campaign currency. Use a gate or rollover for this one...no gate for the rush to 100...restart it each milestone. Simple.

Again. Like it was said. Monopoly comes with instructions. Apparently, this game depends on who you know or listen to. Warning label regardless. Easy day.

• Options
    edited October 2020

greywynd said:

It isn't a job.
    No it isn't. The grind makes it feel as such. Listen. You are defending something that could easily have been fixed....or simple warnings. They use gates for other game campaign currency. Use a gate or rollover for this one...no gate for the rush to 100...restart it each milestone. Simple.

Again. Like it was said. Monopoly comes with instructions. Apparently, this game depends on who you know or listen to. Warning label regardless. Easy day.

1. The leaderboard (your rush to 100) is restarted for each milestone.
    2. It does not make sense to gate it because people need to earn much more to buy more stuff. What you see in the store is not complete. There are much more stuff to buy after console server milestone 2 is complete. You will see 28K may not be enough and you may need to earn more. I did 28K x 2 in milestone 1 (nothing to do with leaderboard) and 28K x 2 for milestone 2. Now, I am in milestone 3 and am running out of ZF.
    3. Earning extra ZF is not related to the leaderboard for many people especially, for those who keep on earning ZF AFTER the leaderboard already frozen for the competed milestone.
    4. Allowing rollover means you don't have to play every milestone period. Not something Cryptic wants.

So, it comes down to may be a warning.

By the way, I don't know if you bought the Reforge blessing pack. IMO, unless you really need the weapon set (which is not BiS), there is not much point to do this campaign at all if one did not buy the Reforge Blessing.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I'm sorry but you are being disingenuous here. We can only play by the documentation in the event shows us in the game. I am not talking about learning strategy and best builds, but the very basic rules of the event/game.

The excuse to come here and read the forum is insulting esp as the actual event doesn't inform us to do so. If we do need to come here for further info it means by definition they are failing at providing proper instruction in game. If I buy a Monopoly game I don't have to go to another source to find the rules on how to play the game as the rules come with the game. An online game should be no different. Defending Cryptic's incompetence is asinine.

you don't need to come read the forums to have a bit of common sense on something like this. it would make no sense for it to roll over. this isn't a matter of needing to read about it. it's honestly just basic common sense.

then you call me names for things I never said or suggested. I think if you need to come here to ask about something like that you probably have rocks somewhere there should be soft matter. as far as I can tell there is absolute no reason to believe or think that those points would roll over. yes I'll stand by the devs in this case because there is nothing at all wrong with not stating every little thing in the game like we're toddlers. a little thinking about thing should suffice. yes this game could use some more documentation. but this is not a place where it should need it. there is only so much people are going to read anyway.
  • Options

you don't need to come read the forums to have a bit of common sense on something like this. it would make no sense for it to roll over. this isn't a matter of needing to read about it. it's honestly just basic common sense.

then you call me names for things I never said or suggested. I think if you need to come here to ask about something like that you probably have rocks somewhere there should be soft matter. as far as I can tell there is absolute no reason to believe or think that those points would roll over. yes I'll stand by the devs in this case because there is nothing at all wrong with not stating every little thing in the game like we're toddlers. a little thinking about thing should suffice. yes this game could use some more documentation. but this is not a place where it should need it. there is only so much people are going to read anyway.
    What is wrong with rolling over? I earned the points, I spend it on the items. It is pretty simple. What they have done now is basically said, my ZF that I used in Milestone 1 up until 28k, is worth more than the ZF that I earned after 28k. I have to re-earn ZF now to get to 7000 again in Milestone II to the first reward and so on. I was at 38k. Now I am at Zero.

I cant buy the items until I am back to 7k. Regardless, I see the amount over 28k as wasted if I didnt plan on fighting for the top 100. I get why you dont see it as wasted. Believe me, I do. and..sidenote....yes I bought the Pack. Now I have to grind longer to get to the reward points. Also.....I wasted my HC and Epic dungeons (for ZF) the day prior not knowing that it wouldnt roll over. Now I have to wait another week, or just grind repetitive missions.

So yes a warning. WARNING: Zariels Favor does not roll over. Again....simple words. The population that figured this out today wouldn't have wasted hours. There are many analogies I could use to prove my point, but it doesnt matter. I could have been doing dungeons or Alliance events instead.

Anyway, the point doesn't matter now. It is clear the devs don't read this stuff. Everyone that was pissed today wont make the mistake again. Those of you that play relentlessly may not care as much on how you waste your time. I only get a small amount of game time. Should have been forseen by the Devs. I will leave it as this is bullsh*t and could have been handled better.

• Options
    edited October 2020

I cant buy the items until I am back to 7k. Regardless, I see the amount over 28k as wasted if I didnt plan on fighting for the top 100. I get why you dont see it as wasted. Believe me, I do. and..sidenote....yes I bought the Pack. Now I have to grind longer to get to the reward points.

Since you bought the pack (assuming it is a full pack that covers all 4 milestone) and you hate the grinding, I suggest you not to do anything until milestone 4 starts. Then, you can just earn 28K for 4 milestones (actually only 3 because you did one already) in one shot instead of another 28K x 3. If you want minimum with no extra, that is the minimum. If you really don't care about ZF, whatever you did before milestone 4 starts are waste of time. No, the in game description does not mention that.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Why was it clear on PC that the accumulated Favor doesn't roll over, but not on any other platform? I'm sorry, yes, there will be times you need to get online and look at things for the game to know what is coming.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    @cfears#6513 I knew about it from reading somewhere from some pc player and still forgot to claim around 10k favors on more than one character. You are 100% justified in your expectation and this is absolutely either the design team's fault (oversight) or deliberate decision. Either way, don't look for sympathy here on the forums or from the devs. You won't get it. In my view, after years here, the devs do not ascribe to mainstream user-centric software development methods and seem to be lacking in professional knowledge (or the ability to implement said knowledge) when it comes to UI Copy, Knowledge Management, or User Assistance. I'm sure they have their reasons and justifications for this, some is likely financial and some probably ideological. Not going to get into it. At this point, expect that they will aim to frustrate you and be pleasantly surprised when that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

@cfears#6513 I knew about it from reading somewhere from some pc player and still forgot to claim around 10k favors on more than one character.

I assume you mean daily 10K AD. As far as I know, there is no 10K favor for you to claim. In addition, it is to buy 10K AD from the store and not for claiming.
    The 10K AD purchase is limited to one per account per day. You cannot buy that for more than 1 character within the same account.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    @plasticbat I was just about to edit my post to correct that. Thought my favors were wiped but they are still there. I find that UI very confusing. I wish there was a row under the personal progress counter that showed the amount of ZF I have and the cap. That would make things so much clearer, in my opinion. I guess it's just the weekly claims that were affected, as you say. Not that big a deal to me. I've lost interest in the Zariel grind about three days in. All I've been doing for a couple of days now is set up workshops on my alts. I'm that disinterested in the current endgame. Until something exciting happens, I guess I'll just craft rings and gather resources.