test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spell cd IN COMBAT ( they fixed out of combat i know but why not in combat)

louveteau4louveteau4 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
hi everyone i was wondering if the devs had made any statement about those cd while in combat problems some people have bought vip only for that purpose or at least mainly for that purpose couldnt it be possible to put it back how it was and why was it remove in the first place

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    What does this have to do with VIP? I don't remember nor can I find anywhere that said VIP allows the changing of powers in combat.

I can't help but feel that this is working as intended at the moment. Change a power lose a turn type of thing. The cooldown outside of combat, yes would be a bug.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The way it worked before was that switching powers had the cooldown unless you were at at campfire or portable altar. When you had the rank of VIP that allows you to invoke anywhere, the game considered you to be at a portable altar always and therefore no cooldown. It wasn't a listed effect of VIP, it just happened with the "invoke anywhere" bonus. After the bug, which was confirmed to be a bug by the QA dev, nothing stopped the cooldown from happening, not even being at a full campfire.

Since the original change was undocumented and later confirmed to be a bug, it seems most likely that the person who coded the fix didn't understand the previous functionality. However, even if they weren't intending to do it differently than it was before, there is no guarantee that the old functionality will ever be restored. We've never even had an official response to the complaints about the new functionality.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I have VIP r12 and i can confirm that my powers still go on cooldown if i change them while in combat. It has nothing to do with VIP
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    So, just to point out that the cooldown is not working as intended. My barbarian can still switch to mighty leap(with the feat mightier leap) in battle, without incurring a cooldown at all. So if this is the case, and the cooldown does not effect this ability when it should, it cannot be WAI. So more investigation by the dev team in required.