test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Disconnected from server"

rawchellerawchelle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with disconnecting. It tends to only happen when Im in Zariel or once in a while in ToMM, how convienant, right?
The game doesnt fully crash, it just goes back to the login screen.

Comments

• drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    I've been having problems on my laptop where the wifi itself disconnects for a few seconds - which of course causes me to be disconnected from the game. Most of the 'fixes' that I can google are for router problems, which is not happening here because my other computer stays connected. Other 'fixes' tell me to click a tab that no longer is in that window they show. Been a real pain lately.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited September 2020

I've been having problems on my laptop where the wifi itself disconnects for a few seconds - which of course causes me to be disconnected from the game. Most of the 'fixes' that I can google are for router problems, which is not happening here because my other computer stays connected. Other 'fixes' tell me to click a tab that no longer is in that window they show. Been a real pain lately.

Since it is wifi disconnection, to help the situation, you can:
    - reposition the wifi router (I moved the router from the corner of my study to middle of the study, 4 feet, facing the corridor solved my wife's TV streaming problem and wifi strength became 3x than before)
    - reposition your laptop
    - change your wifi channel so that you don't need to fight with your neighbour's wifi
    - get a better antenna for your router and/or laptop
    - add wifi signal booster
    - use hard wire.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zaxturi#8203 zaxturi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    There has been quite a lot of disconnects lately imo
    For example I just did LoMM and got disconnected just as trobriand died. This has happened to me a couple times now. Conveniently just as the last boss dies...and of course the piece of HAMSTER game throws me straight to PE when I log back in. Sure I most likely wouldn't have gotten anything useful but it would still be nice to maybe get those 2 trade bars + all the useless old HAMSTER
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    had this happen to me one day where i never got to finish ME for stardocks cause after trying to the daily one couldn't finish that one either where i ended up given up where i never got my rewards from obaya
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    My complaint about the disconnects is that most of the time when you try to log back in, you get the message "Too Many Attempts". You must exit the game completely and then reload.
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User

had this happen to me one day where i never got to finish ME for stardocks cause after trying to the daily one couldn't finish that one either where i ended up given up where i never got my rewards from obaya

I was just thinking of making a new post about ME disconnects specifically.
    How it puts you back at the map in Yawning Portal when you get back in, and consequently fail that ME, so you lose 1 of your 3 for the day.
    In a 2 person party, if you disconnect in a Dread Ring daily lair, you come back inside the lair - at least if you do it quick and click on 'normal' login.
    Same with the Arcane Reservoir.
    But not the MEs.

DON'T
    PANIC!
  • jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I have been having disconnects for over a year, usually when transitioning into a dungeon. Goes to login screen with the message "you have been idle for 15 minutes", even though have been constantly playing for a number of hours.
    Try logging back in and usually it will try for about 30 secs then take me back to login screen. Occasionally tells me character is still logging out. Once that has happened can log in normally, but will take about a minute to log back into content.
    Checking router logs there is no issues with connection my end and its wired, tracert reveals no issue with hops, and windows incident report no issues with comp.
    Began happening after one of the patches and has never sorted itself, reinstalled game few times, fixed files, on demand patching is off, so gave up trying to figure it out.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User

I was just thinking of making a new post about ME disconnects specifically.
    How it puts you back at the map in Yawning Portal when you get back in, and consequently fail that ME, so you lose 1 of your 3 for the day.
    In a 2 person party, if you disconnect in a Dread Ring daily lair, you come back inside the lair - at least if you do it quick and click on 'normal' login.
    Same with the Arcane Reservoir.
    But not the MEs.

been seeing this alot my self where it does let me back into me without failing but do find there server to be annoying since i know they will never fix it cause when i was leveling out a new toon that i did have issues with the screen not loading since i was able to finish my new toon from 1 to 80 under one day with my alt account after i had a free xp scroll and rank 9 enchantments to xp her with