test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't equip mount collars

winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
I can't equip more than one collar at all. If i try to equip crit severity and then recharge speed collar my collars get locked out. I am using all mythic mounts..collars are purple..why isn't this working? They are 2 different collars not the same kind.

Comments

• Options
    cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    Greetings,

The Crit Severity and Recharge Speed collars are under Wayfaring Collars, and only one collar per category can be slotted on your mount at any time.

Cryptic39
    Miku V.
  • Options
    mhorlokmhorlok Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    How do you tell what category a collar is in?

*edit
    its in the name itself... I see...
  • Options
    maximax#7117 maximax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Practical" : glory/ Gold / RAD drop
    "Sturdy" : at-wills/ encounter / daily
    "Supportive" : Control bonus / stamina gain/ outgoing healing
    "Unified" : control resistance / movement speed / incoming healing
    "Wayfaring" : critical severity / recharge speed / AP gain
  • Options
    winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User

Greetings,

The Crit Severity and Recharge Speed collars are under Wayfaring Collars, and only one collar per category can be slotted on your mount at any time.

Cryptic39

Thank you for this. I was under the impression you could not have two of a kind such as 2x crit severity, 2x incoming heals, ect. I did not notice the names. I was more focused on the stats on the items.
  • Options
    emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    @Cryptic -- Why on Earth you did not tell us this before people bought collars and spent AD on it? WHYYYYYY?????? Is that so hard to do a god job?
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

@Cryptic -- Why on Earth you did not tell us this before people bought collars and spent AD on it? WHYYYYYY?????? Is that so hard to do a god job?

Why on Earth did you not research this before spending your precious AD on it? Why? Is that so hard to read a dev blog about the changes?

"One extra unique aspect of these collars is that they come in specific types. A character can only benefit from one of a given collar type at a time so make sure to get all 5 types to maximize your benefits."
  • Options
    kakashi#4477 kakashi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    i and im sure most assumed that u wouldnt be able to stack the same type e.g. x2 encounter increase etc it would be too much, But these category's listed above..There Was noway of most pl8rs knowing this... I bought x5 collar packs and picked ap recharge encounter daily nd movement so i now hope that the x2 i cant use will sell and give me enough to buy another x2 i can use...even if any of the content creators who upload had mentioned this or better yet was in the page explaining mount change system would have saved many ppl from the same dilemma im facing.. a statement that anybdy wanting to exchange a collar will be an exchange vendor placed in enclave limited time etc etc ..that would be the right thing to do...Then again my r15 tacticals that suddenly became useless and worth 20% of what they cost originally would hav been nice to hav been able to exchnge them for bound anything.....at all when i saw them in the AH fr 300k 2 wks ago i felt sad not for myself as being a ps player i had time to switch them b4 they drastically became stock shares in laserdisc fr all those struggling pl8rs that dont have millions of Ad to get the now bis utility enchant and arent constantly watching preview updates it was a big monetary blow to them.....fair play is all im sayin..i know its ur "tos" nd u can human centipede us all tmrw if u so choose ..i undrstand ur effrts in balancing nd the realisation healers needed nerfing.. totally but in doing so if u could give some thought to pl8rs thinking hangon ...i bought a 4 bedroom house 6mnths ago and today i find myself an owner of a 2 bedroom house and feeling slightly hard done by...if there was a clear effort seen to minimise the impact to players having to change x5 utility enchants , these necessary strategic changes (nerfs) would be far more accepted in general by the majority of rational minded populace.... i personally had 2 healer friends quit over this nerf due to them just completing their x5 outhealing companions to legendary and loggin in a week or 2 later nd seeing a bedsit standing where their townhouse stood..yes i think they were being rash to quit but i also see why they were annoyed aswell.
  • Options
    kakashi#4477 kakashi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    oh yes everybody is constantly checking dev blogs i mean its inconcievable of casual pl8rs who hav an actual life nd typically get their info from their alli chat nd the occasional content creator's uploads to not be apprised of a dev blog posted mere hrs ago
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

oh yes everybody is constantly checking dev blogs i mean its inconcievable of casual pl8rs who hav an actual life nd typically get their info from their alli chat nd the occasional content creator's uploads to not be apprised of a dev blog posted mere hrs ago

The dev blog was not released mere hours before the patch dropped. It was posted on August 24th, over 3 weeks ago. Not knowing is kinda on the players in this case.
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    "One extra unique aspect of these collars is that they come in specific types. A character can only benefit from one of a given collar type at a time so make sure to get all 5 types to maximize your benefits."

I don't have any collars yet, so I'm not someone who spent game currency in error. But, I did read this, multiple times, and I never would have assumed or even guessed that "Type" was identified only by the object's name. And even if I did guess that, it wouldn't have been the adjective in the name rather than the noun. There was a lot of speculation about what "type" meant in the days after the announcement was posted. Since there is only 5, they could have just listed them and eliminated the vagueness.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I agree that they could write this better. I dont know why they dont use a more friendly interface to do this things. For example a color code in the tooltip of the collars and a message would have been much more clear. Even if you mention it in a blog post, lot of people dont read the official posts.

Is like patch notes. I cant understand why they dont put a popup in game when you enter after the maintenance with the patch notes. Its obviously an easy feature, like keeping tooltips right, but well.

This little details are important for players, and for the company reputation.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    So....
    I know someone who DOES read the dev blog posts, but still made this mistake.
    He was really frustrated by it, as he had spent zen on the collars. A mistake that probably wouldn't have been made if we had been able to, oh, I don't know... play around with this a little on preview, maybe?

Yep, we can read blogs... thats great... but we all know how much more we like to actually DO things to know how it really works. (besides, maybe if it has been on preview for a bit before going live, we could have identified some of the issues that are on live now?)
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Then it would be another thing they were told about on preview that made it to live, and "why don't they listen to us?"
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.