test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About automatic ban y otras yerbas

sicaria#1953 sicaria Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited September 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Este mensaje va a ser escrito en 2 idiomas: español e inglés.
Después de muchas vueltas para postearlo, ya que no me deja la longitud original en el primer post, sigan viendo los comentarios hacia abajo.

_______
This message will be written in 2 languages: Spanish and English.
After many attempts to post it, cause it doesn't allow me the original length in the first post, keep looking at the comments down.
Post edited by sicaria#1953 on

Comments

• sicaria#1953 sicaria Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    this message can be deleted (worked out the "full text" below this one)
    edited September 2020
    this message can be deleted (worked out the "full text" below this one)
    edited September 2020
    Este mensaje va a ser escrito en 2 idiomas: español e inglés.
    Por qué? porque mientras charlábamos en nuestro guild chat -dicho sea de paso, una guild de habla hispana- un miembro activo fue banneado automáticamente por utilizar los caracteres "gm" en una línea escrita en español. Idioma en el que el juego NO tiene soporte.
    Esto ocurrió el día viernes 11/09 y a la fecha, lo único que hemos recibido, fue una notificación de que el problema estaba siendo analizado por los game masters, y una encuesta de satisfacción por el "problema resuelto".
    Analizado dice... nadie analizó la frase que baneó a nuestro compañero de guild... frase escrita en español, dialecto que no tiene soporte y que mucha gente que juega se pregunta por qué esta plataforma no está traducida a este idioma.
    El personaje en cuestión es Lucía@FrancoIP, varios lo conocen, es uno de los jugadores más pacientes y con más ganas de ayudar que cruzan este servidor. Siempre atento, siempre dispuesto a dar una mano, nunca con ningún problema si la mankeas en una dungeon...
    ¿Qué pasó? pasó que mientras hablábamos por nuestro guild chat, escribió una frase en español, que incluía las letras "gm"... escribió esa frase 2 veces y fue automáticamente baneado. Nunca recibió un mail de notificación del por qué.
    Inmediatamente, el usuario nos notificó y quienes estábamos conectados, enviamos un ticket desde la plataforma ingame consultando la situación (donde se puede ver nuestro log de chat y la conversación que estábamos manteniendo con el char en cuestión)... asimismo, él envió uno desde la página, ya que su cuenta se encuentra baneada.
    Sólo tenemos testimonio de miembros muy antiguos del clan, que cuentan que allá por el 2015 se hacían bans masivos, automáticos, disparados con ciertas frases específicas o combinaciones de palabras y que por esa razón, ellos se manejaban con otro chat, y no por el del juego, y que éste debería ser el caso.
    Pero la realidad es que nadie asevera nada, y la cuenta sigue injustamente baneada.
    Ahora bien, si ya iba a traducir este mensaje, ¿por qué lo puse en español? porque estoy segura que no entendieron una mierda... y quizás así pueden empatizar un poco más, ser conscientes de que no todo el mundo maneja el inglés, de saber qué se siente estar en un ambiente en el que no entendés el idioma, en el que no comprendés las cosas y tenés que tomarte un detenimiento para tratar de interpretar qué se dice.
    ¿Y por qué me molestaría en traducirlo? porque google translate no sabe ni mierda de traducción, y quiero que el mensaje se entienda.
    Quítenle el ban a @FrancoIP
    Silvana@sicaria#1953

PD: "y otras yerbas" es un modismo del sur de latinoamérica, donde tomamos mate... si los dialectos cambian dentro del mismo idioma, imaginate entre idiomas
    edited September 2020
    This message will be writted in 2 languajes: Spanish and English
    Why? because while we were chatting on our guild chat -fyi a spanish speaker guild- an active member was automatically banned for writing the "gm" characters on a line writted in spanish. Language in which the game has NOT support.
    This happened on Friday 9/11 and till now, the only thing we have received was a notification that the problem was being analyzed by the game
    masters, and a satisfaction survey for the "problem solved".
    Analyzed says ... no one analyzed the phrase that banned our guildmate ... phrase written in Spanish, a dialect that is not supported and that many people who play this platform, wonders why it isn't translated to this language.
    The character in question is Lucia@FrancoIP, several of you may know him, he is one of the most patient and willing people that would help players on this server. Always nice, always ready to give a hand, never to lose patience if you make a lot of mistakes in a dungeon ...
    What happened? It happened that while we were talking through our guild chat, he wrote a phrase in Spanish, which included the letters "gm" ... he wrote that phrase 2 times and was automatically banned. He never received a notification mail explainning the why.
    Immediately, the user notified us, guildmates, and those of us who were connected sent a ticket from the ingame platform, consulting the situation (where you can see our chat log and the conversation we were having with him at the time) ... also, he sent one from the support page, since his account was banned.
    We only have testimony from very old members of the clan, who say that back in 2015 massive, automatic bans were made, triggered with certain specific phrases or word-combined lines and that for that reason, they weren't using the game chat and comunicated another way, and that this should be the case.
    But the reality is that no one from the support team explained anything, and the account remains unfairly banned.
    Now, if I was already going to translate this message, why did I put it in Spanish? Because I'm certain that you didn't understand a HAMSTER... and perhaps that way you can rely on empathy, be aware that not everyone speaks english, to know what it feels like to be in an environment where you don't understand the language, where you don't understand things and you have to take a break to try to interpret what is said.
    And why would I bother translating it? because google translate doesn't know HAMSTER about translation, and I want the message to be understood.
    Remove @FrancoIP ban!
    Silvana@sicaria#1953

PS: "y otras yerbas" is a way of speaking from southern Latin America, where we drink mate ... if the dialects change within the same languages, imagine between languages
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    1. How do you know he was banned because of chat?
    2. I don't think 'gm' is a bad word which can't be the reason he was banned. GM, one of the big company in US. GM, Game Master. No reason to ban anyone because of gm.
    3. You speculate the reason. I doubt that is the reason.
    4. Yes, they did not tell him the reason is bad. Speculating the reason does not help neither.
    5. If I want to speculate, I would speculate he wrote the same things multiple times in chat and the system considered he was spamming. If that is the case, he might be auto-banned from using chat and not banned from the game.
    6. Was he banned from using chat? Or, banned from the game?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    1) he recieved a floating messsge after the 1st attempt with that phrase, he re-typed it and got desconectes
    2) I don't think it either, that's why we want answers
    3) I don't want to speculate, but they left us no choice. As I said, it use to happen some years ago with spanish, so my guildmates couldn't use the chat and they used other way to comunícate
    4) again we need answers... The account Is banned for 4 days and counting. Wihout reason or an explanation
    5) he writed it 2 times
    6) the account Is banned, not the IP
    Thanks for taking time and read
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The HE should send an email to Support and discuss it with them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    He did... Read again please> @greywynd said:
    > The HE should send an email to Support and discuss it with them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    No. You should read. The forums are no place to discuss someone's ban. It is between them and the company. Not everyone on the forums.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Tell him to check his e-mail, maybe the junk folder. I've been banned before, first time I still don't have an explanation for. After a week support told me to change my password and come back. Second time was my fault. In my experience many people won't admit the reason for their ban, embarrassed they got caught cheating.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Please have your guild mate contact Customer Service. The forums is not a place to discuss bans.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.