test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character points for tank or dps?

tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Hi, any recommendation to put points into character for the cases of tank and dps? Should armor penetration and power be the priorities for both?

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    For the first 40 levels (early game)... Power is the best thing you can add.
    From level 40 up (mid game)... get Armor pen, critical strike, accuracy, and defense up to 80,000

All remaining points should go into Power(no limit) & Combat Advantage (up to 130,000)

Until you are ready for Avernus & Tomm, dont worry about any other stats. At that point you are end game and will need 10,000 more of the other stats, but can decide how much tanking to do at that time. I would not worry about HP much until then, except to put some boon points into your HP. Being a flexible tank is very hard to do, so I would focus on DPS path & DPS tank until you've reached end game. Later on, if you decide to go with a tankier tank, you will be able to get a triceratops mount, Storyteller artifact set, and a few specialized companions.
  • tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    My second question is what to put in the ability score of the character?
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    strength + (dexterity or charisma)

dex and char are about a horse a piece. char if you want faster encounters, dex if you want move speed. DPS boost comes out about equal.