test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would happen, if I contacted my bank because support couldn't/wouldn't help me?

Good morning.

I wish to know, what would happen if I contacted my bank because support couldn't/wouldn't help me?

To make a long story short, I didn't receive a number of items after I made a purchase. According to support, since it was over a month ago that they couldn't help me. This on top of the fact they already knew my account has trouble receiving email from Arc, even though my information is correct.

I'm truly tempted to contact my bank, and make a report to the iC3 ( fraud department of the FBI ).

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    your account will be banned. and you will no longer be able to play.
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Most likely you will be permanently ban from Neverwinter if you do this, as these kind of charge back often result in ban.

Sorry this is happening to you.
  • Options

your account will be banned. and you will no longer be able to play.

nic1985 said:

Most likely you will be permanently ban from Neverwinter if you do this, as these kind of charge back often result in ban.

Sorry this is happening to you.

So, these HAMSTER are going to get away without delivering the goods I purchased. At least I can still report them to the fraud department at the FBI ( iC3 ).
  • Options
    evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Let us know how it goes when they stop laughing.

Seriously, though, why did it take a month to bring up an issue, if such is the case?
    Or has this been ongoing since the issue happened and was reported and the time it took them to respond made it so it "was too late"?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    I don't think FBI is busy. Since they have nothing better to do, I think you should call them to see if they can bust in to figure that out for you.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I was once advised [in another online MMO many years ago] when my account was hacked to contact my local police and report it to them... yeah right... a provincial police force in a smallish town in semi-rural England... where they can barely even understand what an "online" game is, let alone "virtual currency"... so yeah good luck on contacting the FBI. I'm sure they have plenty of time to deal with it - but joking aside it REALLY sucks when this kind of thing happens.

And there really isn't much you can do about it. Its really lame when a company does this and especially wont just give you the stuff you bought. I mean... it doesn't cost them a penny and they might lose you as a customer.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    My person creed is; Never buy more than you can afford to lose online.

I am still waiting on a set of $34 speakers to arrive from Wal-Mart and FedEx says they never even shipped! They were ordered months ago.

Terms of Service
    20.7 We are not liable for “hacking” or lost of your virtual goods from your account, however, we may, in our sole discretion, reimburse virtual goods or Zen upon proof that such loss was not due to your inappropriate use. We may limit the quantity of any item or refuse to provide you with any virtual good. Verification of certain information applicable to a transaction may be required prior to our acceptance of your payment. Price and availability of virtual goods are subject to change with no notice. We have no liability with respect to virtual goods or Zen that is gifted to you or provided as an incentive.

So reporting them to the FBI, the CIA, or the SPCA, will result in no other action than the fact that you were suppose to have read the above and understood it. When making the purchase you would need "proof" such as screen shots of your purchase, banking records, and then "they may, at their sole discretion," look at their database records to follow the trail of your lost items.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    rarraazrarraaz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The poster may still just call his bank and request a cash back. They dont like doing it, but they will and its very easy.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Yes, the bank may do that. However, if they do, his account is permanently banned.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    You will have to weigh the benefit of the returned money, versus the permanent banning of your account in (probably?) all Perfect World games, should you succeed in getting your funds back.
This discussion has been closed.