test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I need answers on how we get the aasimar race exactly, How to unlock it and can I do it with zen.

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited August 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay I'm somewhat lost, but if I'm getting it right, in order to unlock the race I wanted to see in game as a playable race. I have to do this event that is one time only afterwords it will never be seen again. I want to know if buying any of the tokens would allow me to get the race once this is over without doing a event I'm not even prepared for doing.
Can I do that? Or has Cryptic gone so so low as to do something like this so a player like me can't get the race they want to unlock? If there is no other way to unlock the race I will not be happy. I'm certain other people will feel the same.

I think we need to know exactly how to get this race. I want to know if we can do it with zen alone. As that would be the most preferable way to me. I want to know if we can get the race outside of the event.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    At this moment, you cannot spend the Zen alone.

You need to do two things:
    1. Buy Refonter's Blessing Launch Bundle AND
    2. Finish all the personal milestones (you don't have time limit to do this after you did #1). Claim all the personal rewards.

The exact information is in the game described in "Unlock Aasimar".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

At this moment, you cannot spend the Zen alone.

You need to do two things:
    1. Buy Refonter's Blessing Launch Bundle AND
    2. Finish all the personal milestones (you don't have time limit to do this after you did #1). Claim all the personal rewards.

The exact information is in the game described in "Unlock Aasimar".

Which makes me sad. I can get the race, but I can't get it for my daughters account. She has the Gith race, I'd love to get the Aasimar race for her, honestly, I'd even spend the zen for it. She doesn't play very often, none of her toons are up to Avernus, she likes things to look nice... I think she would LOVE the Aasimar race. She likes the Gith, because they're different, and quirky, she thinks her Gith toon is pretty (and I love that! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?)

I hope they introduce another way to obtain this race, even if it is via a Zen purchase.

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Maybe in later mod or weeks after the event ended, they will put the Aasimar race pack in zen store. It would be unfair for players who joined the game after or late in the event to not have a chance.
    nic1985 said:

Maybe in later mod or weeks after the event ended, they will put the Aasimar race pack in zen store. It would be unfair for players who joined the game after or late in the event to not have a chance.

I suspect they would keep "Refonter's Blessing Launch Bundle" or a variant of it in the Zen store for longer time so that the late comer can still do the milestones to get the race. If there is an easier way to do so, it is unfair for those who spend time/effort to get the race.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

I would expect it would be a zen purchase in a year or more, not sooner.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    It should be zen purchase period, I'm not happy about it.
    I'd rather it be a lockbox race then this, I think its one of the worst things Cryptic has ever done and this is worse then it being put into a lockbox.
    A Race I wanted to see in game and they do this.
    I'm certain I'm not the only one upset about this and I'm certain many that want to play Aasimar are as well.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Spend zen and bust your HAMSTER grinding.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

nic1985 said:

I suspect they would keep "Refonter's Blessing Launch Bundle" or a variant of it in the Zen store for longer time so that the late comer can still do the milestones to get the race. If there is an easier way to do so, it is unfair for those who spend time/effort to get the race.
    if you read the fine print it says each mile stone will no longer be available after the period has ended and will be removed from the pack. so basically if you aren't all in by sept 15th you're all out.
    edited August 2020

nic1985 said:

if you read the fine print it says each mile stone will no longer be available after the period has ended and will be removed from the pack. so basically if you aren't all in by sept 15th you're all out.
    That is why I said "suspect" (pure speculation, nothing to back it up, gut feeling, something out of my backend, etc). The late comer I referred to are those come in after the whole event is over.
    Either the zen boost to run the content at your leisure or it will, like all the other premium races, be a straight zen purchase in the future.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited August 2020
    If I buy these milestone things can I do these at any time even after the event is over?
    That is what we were told.
    greywynd said:

That is what we were told.

Okay thanks.
    Note that: at the moment, there is a time limit to buy these milestone things. After the milestone is ended (which is not the same as completed and milestone 1 is now completed), you cannot buy the associated milestone things anymore.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

If I buy these milestone things can I do these at any time even after the event is over?

No-one has specified which ways to earn the currency will stay in the game once the event is over. So, yes, if you buy the Zen pack, you are supposed to be able to finish the grind even after the event is over. How? Who knows.
    rikitaki said:

No-one has specified which ways to earn the currency will stay in the game once the event is over. So, yes, if you buy the Zen pack, you are supposed to be able to finish the grind even after the event is over. How? Who knows.
    The citadel isn't going anywhere, they will likely just turn off favor drops and quests once the limited time is over and those with the blessings can just go do the same thing we've been doing.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I think they mentioned in a livestream that they intend to introduce the race in the cash shop at a later date, most likely in a race pack, as the others we currently have.
    To be honest, that would be the best option, as usually, for the race booster packs you get account wide epic mount and companion, account wide bag and some fashion or transmutes, plus a few enchants and stuff. Oh, and you also get a race change token included.
    If you compare it with the current bundle, which gives an account unlockable green mount, a blue pet, plus some transmutes and companion equipment and rings, but for which you need to grind the campaign on each individual character on your account to get, I'd say that you're getting way less value.
    edited August 2020
    cococya said:

If you compare it with the current bundle, which gives an account unlockable green mount, a blue pet, plus some transmutes and companion equipment and rings, but for which you need to grind the campaign on each individual character on your account to get, I'd say that you're getting way less value.

I don't think you need to grind each alt to get those. The character who claims them should be able to purchase them from the store using 1000 favors each although at the moment, that does not work.

cococya said:

I don't think you need to grind each alt to get those. The character who claims them should be able to purchase them from the store using 1000 favors each although at the moment, that does not work.
    From their posts, it made it seem like, indeed, the race token would unlock for the whole account, but not the individual rewards. Of course, since communication is not Cryptic's forte, that might be wrong.
    edited August 2020
    cococya said:

cococya said:

From their posts, it made it seem like, indeed, the race token would unlock for the whole account, but not the individual rewards. Of course, since communication is not Cryptic's forte, that might be wrong.
    For what I understand, one character must grind and must claim them first before this character can buy it from store using 1000 favors.

The stuff it can purchase is BtA. Since most item cannot be equipped twice and the 1st character already has them (a requirement to buy), the only usefulness for buying it again is to pass to another character.

So, there are 2 options:
    1. the 1st character buy it from store using 1000 favor (when that works).
    2. The other character can grind its own campaign to get those items without paying favor.
  • inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I just bought the reforgers bundle, and I just want to ask for clarification. Do I still need to do the grinding to claim the prizes? I didn't see anything actually go into my bag and am feeling a little paranoid about it.
    edited August 2020
    inugurl said:

I just bought the reforgers bundle, and I just want to ask for clarification. Do I still need to do the grinding to claim the prizes? I didn't see anything actually go into my bag and am feeling a little paranoid about it.

Yes. You will get the bottom layer reward of the campaign when you reach your personal milestone. The first one is 7000. Happy grinding. If you did not buy the bundle, you won't get the bottom layer reward.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    With each Milestone ending per month, I highly suspect this will end by mid November. Just in time for a Black Friday sale in the zen store. Many players, especially the ones I know of, will return to the game in late November to blow cash and zen on this sale. However I cannot say with any certainty that Cryptic will place the Aasimar in the store before Christmas this year. They went from having regular 50% off sales in November, to 40%, and last year was only 30% off. So really there is no telling what insanity lurks ahead.

I had little interest in the Aasimar when they announced it. Then after seeing the image on the blog, makes me wonder why anyone would want the Aasimar at all. I was expecting something different. However I hope you all get what you desire from this campaign.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif

I had little interest in the Aasimar when they announced it. Then after seeing the image on the blog, makes me wonder why anyone would want the Aasimar at all. I was expecting something different. However I hope you all get what you desire from this campaign.

Have fun!

Agreed, they chose Planetar Aasimar only, which are among the uglier Aasimar types. I, too, was expecting at least Solar Aasimar to also have some features, since they have them in the game.
    cococya said:

Have fun!

Agreed, they chose Planetar Aasimar only, which are among the uglier Aasimar types. I, too, was expecting at least Solar Aasimar to also have some features, since they have them in the game.
    The only Aasimar I am aware of is the General Merchant in the CItadel, he looks like what we are getting, where is this Solar Aasimar?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    AFAIK Solar descended Aasimar tend to have gold skin and Planetar have green. They aren't distinguished in the 5th Edition Mordenkainen book but the FR wiki lists some different types, presumably from earlier editions. Anyway, gold skin is an option shown on the blog image.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    So to be clear about this, if you buy the reforger bundle thing you don't have deadlines to complete the different milestones (Aside from the event ending in december)?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you buy the 4 milestones, according to what I understand, you can continue to make progress past the end of the event. Also, every favor you earn counts not only towards the current milestones, but the previous ones as well. If you are doing it after the event is over, there won't be weekly quests so you'll have to do the repeatables and such.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    If you buy the bundle, all your character including those in the future can do the 4 milestones in one shot after the event is over. You won't even need to "actively" acquire Favors. You could just do the regular "Path of the Fallen" quests (and acquire "Redeemed Citadel" quests). One of my character did her "Path of the Fallen" quest to fill her weekly iron bar haul. When she finished, she got 5000 favors. That means one could get 28K for all 4 milestones in 6 weeks doing "Path of the Fallen".