test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Avernus same type rings won’t equip

aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
edited August 2020 in PvE Discussion
Hi

It seems I can’t equip two same-type rings from Avernus, dropping on Garyx or Mog bosses: like Condemned, Ring of the Fallen, etc

Is this WAI? We usually can equip same rings, but bonuses won’t stack. That’s totally fine. But not being able to equip them is just strange.

I haven’t tried equipping two same rings with +4 and +5 each, since I had no luck so far on +5. Not sure if that'll work or not.

EDIT: Same type +4 and +5 can't be equipped either...
Post edited by aday#3795 on

Comments

• Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    This is interesting. I have ring of the condemned +4 +5 and cannot equip both. If I equip one and try to equip another from the character screen, the other ring is greyed out and cannot be selected. If it is WAI a tool tip would be nice.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    If it is WAI, it does not really need a tooltip because the behaviour is obvious. Allowing two to be equipped but not telling the bonus can't be stacked would be an issue that should have mentioned in the tooltip.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Yes, the behavior is obvious. However, I cannot recall any previous like behavior for rings (artifacts, yes). If this is going to be how rings work going forward, then it should be in the tool tip. This will be especially important when masterwork gets updated. The last thing someone will want is to purchase two identical rings expecting to equip them only to learn they can only equip one.
    Post edited by froger#9967 on
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @froger#9967 said:
    > Yes, the behavior is obvious. However, I cannot recall any previous like behavior for rings (artifacts, yes). If this is going to be how rings work going forward, then it should be in the tool tip. This will be especially important when masterwork gets updated. The last thing someone will want is to purchase two identical rings expecting to equip them only to learn they can only equip one.

If you cant equip it, then it's not bound and you can sell it or send to an alt.

However, I agree changes like this should be explained... somewhere.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    For this one, since it is account bound from random drop (instead of buying from campaign store), unless it is a bug, its behaviour is self-explained. For the other unbound ring in the future, both unstackable feature and un-coexistable nature should be in the tooltip.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
This discussion has been closed.