test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All these Adventurer Shards and nothing to buy..

As the title suggests I seem to have found an oversight.

Everything has been basically converted to adventurer shards, which is fine btw... the issue is the rewards for turning them in are bubkiss. Could we see an update in the rewards from that vendor in the near future which actually make the shards worth while?

500 rough AD and rank 5s just don't do us any good. Perhaps rare crafting materials could be offered, higher enchants but for more shards. That sort of thing. Heck how about companion upgrade tokens for 500 shards per 5 tokens? That would be something.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    I assume they want to discourage high level people to do old content. If it is worthless (for high level player), people will run those which do not give adventurer seal.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > I assume they want to discourage high level people to do old content. If it is worthless (for high level player), people will run those which do not give adventurer seal.

So it's supposed to discourage people from doing random ques? Since all the shards from them are adventures and the newest one...That's a huge step back in my opinion....

> @plasticbat said:

> I assume they want to discourage high level people to do old content. If it is worthless (for high level player), people will run those which do not give adventurer seal.

So it's supposed to discourage people from doing random ques? Since all the shards from them are adventures and the newest one...That's a huge step back in my opinion....

I doubt that is what they want but I would love it if that is the intention. I refuse to do RQ before it was introduced.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Too much RAD and RP in the economy.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
    > @froger#9967 said:
    > Too much RAD and RP in the economy.

Maybe in PC but Xbox hasn't ruined our economy to that extent yet.

Still any suggestions to add beyond stating that you have too much ad or rp... BTW if it's too much for you I will gladly take all your excess off your hands. I for one can always use more.
    edited August 2020

> @froger#9967 said:

> Too much RAD and RP in the economy.

Maybe in PC but Xbox hasn't ruined our economy to that extent yet.

Still any suggestions to add beyond stating that you have too much ad or rp... BTW if it's too much for you I will gladly take all your excess off your hands. I for one can always use more.

There is a difference between the world has too much vs an individual has too much or not.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Nobody who does Random Queues does it for the Shards.
    I'm not turning down the quick opportunity to top up my RAD because of the crappy Shards.

To me it's a waste of a developer's time to either code, or modify internal templates, that will have practically zero impact on the game.

It's just another minor annoyance.
    > @vaultingfrog#2497 said:
    > > @froger#9967 said:
    > > Too much RAD and RP in the economy.
    >
    > Maybe in PC but Xbox hasn't ruined our economy to that extent yet.
    >
    > Still any suggestions to add beyond stating that you have too much ad or rp... BTW if it's too much for you I will gladly take all your excess off your hands. I for one can always use more.

It's not that I have too much, but since the RP chance I've read many times on these forums people complaining about all the RP they have and being rewarded more, especially from lockboxes.

As for AD they always seem to be cutting sources of new AD (RAD). I've switched my main source of AD from.RAD to buying and selling on the.AH.

OK so the general mood, from what few replies there are about this, is this:

We don't want RAD or RP....

So how about some ideas for these damn shards to actually be spent on... perhaps my suggestion of rare professions materials or companion upgrade tokens...

Not one mention of those. If you would like to complain about having too much RAD or RP (no such thing my opinion btw) then there are probably dozens of threads elsewhere dedicated to just that... I would like some actual suggestions for helping fix this issue.

Either that or you all must be cool with basically no rewards for shards anymore....
    I'd be fine with the currency cap being removed and items like transmutes, foods, potions, pets, whatever being sold.

> @froger#9967 said:
    > I'd be fine with the currency cap being removed and items like transmutes, foods, potions, pets, whatever being sold.
    >

Now that's what I am talking about. How about health stones in there? 1200 a pop and BtA?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

OK so the general mood, from what few replies there are about this, is this:

We don't want RAD or RP....

Or in the case of my post, the exact opposite of not wanting RAD.
    The only reason I do those queues is FOR the easy RAD.

As far as replacing refined RAD with AH trading goes, I'll carry on doing both if that's OK?
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    There was consensus in a CDP a while back that there are altogether too many currencies, and that an aggregated reward vendor would be welcome.

Fire this vendor altogether, and just convert all existing adventurer shards / drops to Tarmalune trade bars. That store recently had a decent update, and it would save dev time to update just the one store in the future.
    If they want to make a change, they already have a mechanism for seals. What they need to do is to give that ability to adventurer seal. i.e. use adventurer seal to buy new seal.