test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why doesn't the Companion Discount coupon apply to the Alpha Compy?

I know it is in the Event tab of the zen store, but it is still a companion...

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Because it isn't flagged in the store as a companion?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    They intentionally put that in event to make sure you can't use that coupon. The 20% off everything coupon works though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    The Cryptic help desk told me you cannot use a Coupon on an 'already discounted' companion - yet the companion is the same price on the Zen Market as all the other crappy one's no one wants or uses.

Yet the 20% off Coupon works.
    Yet it is a 'Companion' (hence *any* Companion)
    Yet it is on the Zen Market.

That 100% off *any* companion coupon seems like it wasn't worth saving (are are most all things) - the tool tip could use some honesty.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

They intentionally put that in event to make sure you can't use that coupon. The 20% off everything coupon works though.

How do you know that this was intentionally done for that reason? Because it's common knowledge that the Alpha Compy is/was so sought after by holding record price/value on the Auction House?

In this case it becomes easy to determine how to post a companion or item for sale on the Zen Market in this way:

SELECT TOP 1 (item)
    FROM (items_for_sale)

I'm sure the community would LOVE to understand how in D&D an Alpha Compy dinosaur relates to the Summer Festival.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    jganth said:

How do you know that this was intentionally done for that reason? Because it's common knowledge that the Alpha Compy is/was so sought after by holding record price/value on the Auction House?

In this case it becomes easy to determine how to post a companion or item for sale on the Zen Market in this way:

SELECT TOP 1 (item)
    FROM (items_for_sale)

I'm sure the community would LOVE to understand how in D&D an Alpha Compy dinosaur relates to the Summer Festival.
    Because it is not the first time they did that. They put the item into another category from the 'proper' category so that the category coupon cannot be used. "Event" just happens to be the "another category" they chose to use this time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    jganth said:

Barbecued it tastes like chicken.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

jganth said:

Barbecued it tastes like chicken.
    Clearly the only logical insight that will be provided on this item. Sorry I just can't hold my breath that long anymore with this organization.

And as Plasticbat said - if they did it before they'll do it again, because Toleration is a form of Consent, kids!