test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noob question - please redirect if inappropriate here.

olguyolguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Greetings and sorry to be dumb, but . . . I started Neverwinter some time ago and shelved the game for life reasons. Now, I'm trying to get playing again and am having terrible difficulty with something really basic - that is, how do I get my cursor to highlight a spell for eg., or a healing potion? I thought I recalled it was ALT or CTRL (hover over) L Click. While I can press 7 mount or demount, I get the same in that I gen't get to it with my mouse/cursor. Help please!

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    olguy said:

Greetings and sorry to be dumb, but . . . I started Neverwinter some time ago and shelved the game for life reasons. Now, I'm trying to get playing again and am having terrible difficulty with something really basic - that is, how do I get my cursor to highlight a spell for eg., or a healing potion? I thought I recalled it was ALT or CTRL (hover over) L Click. While I can press 7 mount or demount, I get the same in that I gen't get to it with my mouse/cursor. Help please!

Not sure if I understand what you are asking. You don't highlight a spell or potion?

For at will, use left and right mouse button.
    For encounter, type q, e or r.
    For potion on the belt, type 3, 4 or 5.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

olguy said:

Not sure if I understand what you are asking. You don't highlight a spell or potion?

For at will, use left and right mouse button.
    For encounter, type q, e or r.
    For potion on the belt, type 3, 4 or 5.
    Yeah but if you want to equip a potion to a belt slot [key press 3, 4 or 5] you have to drag it to the belt slot from your inventory which isnt necessarily that clear :)
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I think what you are after is the toggle cursor mode, where you can press Alt (I think is the default) and then your mouse isn't locked to you view and you can then click on stuff like the encounters you have loaded or the potion tray etc.

If you're not sure what button it is bound to press "esc" then choose options, then under the gameplay tab choose keybinds and then scroll down to "toggle cursor mode".

Hope that helps
  • Options
    olguyolguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the replies! Problem solved; I was holding the Alt key down instead of simply tapping it to activate the Powertray etc. Thanks again!
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @olguy sorry I missed this posting. One thing you might want to do early on in this game, key bindings. I changed mine right away, I cannot stand their default layout. I recommend you type /options into chat. Then in the Gameplay Tab you look into Keybinds. Once you get the set up you can save it in chat with the command /bind_save or /bind_save_file keys.txt The second one makes a text file should you dare edit it by hand. If you lose your settings you can reload them with /bind_load or /bind_load_file keys.txt

Have Fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif