test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infernal Warmachine HE problem

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
Sometimes it is not possible to complete the Infernal Warmachine HE.

You have to kill 4 groups around the machine, but frequently after killing 3 groups, you look around, and the 4th group is nowhere to be found, so the HE just times out and fails.

The reason is that someone who was probably just farming for maps pulled one of the groups with a ranged attack while standing outside the area that actually activates the HE. If the group gets pulled out of the area and killed, it does not count as already killed once someone actually starts the HE a bit later.

Now, this is not unique to this HE - the same problem can be reproduced on multiple other HEs, but the reason this is a particular issue here is that the number of people running around the area farming for maps vastly outnumbers those doing the HE.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    It is indeed like this. If you pull a group out and kill all enemies before seeing the message on the screen that the encounter is active that group will not be counted, thus making the encounter impossible to complete. I tested it several times. As long as one member of the group is alive when you see the message, the group will be counted.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Had this happen to me several times today. 3/5 attempts were not able to be completed because some hidden/missing/moved mob is not being counted.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    One mob around the machine.
    One mob east of the machine near the building.
    One mob north of the machine near the building.
    One mob south of the machine banging on the cliff wall.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
    Kill the machine and its mobs first before killing the other 3 mobs around the outer vicinity . That seems to work for me .
  • Options
    greywynd said:

That's how it's supposed to be, yes. What I'm saying is that it is easy for someone to approach the area from the northeast side, and attack the group to the north with a ranged attack from outside the area that triggers the HE. That will pull the group out, without starting the HE. If you (or someone else) then later enters the HE area, it will activate, and say you need to kill 4 groups, but there are only 3 groups present, because the one that was pulled out of the area doesn't count.
  • Options
    pelgrax said:

Kill the machine and its mobs first before killing the other 3 mobs around the outer vicinity . That seems to work for me .

That's not relevant to this issue. The problem is that if you start the HE, but someone else has pulled one of the groups away and killed it, you do not *have* 4 groups to kill...you only have 3, and you cannot finish the HE.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    adinosii said:

greywynd said:

That's how it's supposed to be, yes. What I'm saying is that it is easy for someone to approach the area from the northeast side, and attack the group to the north with a ranged attack from outside the area that triggers the HE. That will pull the group out, without starting the HE. If you (or someone else) then later enters the HE area, it will activate, and say you need to kill 4 groups, but there are only 3 groups present, because the one that was pulled out of the area doesn't count.
    The character I was playing that triggered this bug was my Barbie. She attacked and killed those mobs in melee without triggering the HE tracker. Half the group is outside the HE and half inside, as far as I can tell.

Sort of reminds of the Hostage small HE in Barovia. A player who fights the reinforcements where they spawn without having done the initial groups gets no credit. No idea if you can go into the HE circle and leave and then fight them for credit, as it usually happens far too quickly.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother