test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The punishment for being new to Neverwinter is extreme

ravenmaddravenmadd Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I'll start off with the basics, I have played a lot of other MMO's and I don't want a game that in 2 months you can be on the same level as long time or day 1 players. Honestly the lack of value most other games give to vet players is astonishing.
That being said. I have been playing for over 8 Months now. have put a lot of time, effort, and more money then I have ever spent on any other MMO. ( again not a fan of pay to win)
What I don't see the point of, is with the launch of MOD 19 and the new Trial Zariel's Challenge. I personally do not stand a chance at even attempting due to the stat restrictions. Personally have 3x 15 bonding's, multiple rank 15 enchants, vorpal 14 armor 14 and over 26k IL with 71+ boons. made sure to farm and work to get all my offensive stats to cap , 165k power, 90k AP, crit, acc, 140k combat, and best I can do is 330k HPs with 70k Defense. That would allow me to at best scratch ZC. Now I get I should not be topping dps charts. How ever. what exactly is arc expecting players in my category to do in game?

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Keep building, it's an end game trial. I have many toons that can do Tower of the Mad mage, none that can do Zariel yet. I've been around about 6 years, have resources to build, but have not attempted the puzzle of 90k stat caps with 500k HP and 200K+ power buffed. And it is a puzzle!!

If you've completed all other campaigns and content, got your lion heart weapons, then currently your goal is to build for Zariel. Top up the remaining enchants and work out the puzzle for your class!
  • ravenmaddravenmadd Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Wasn't asking what to do. as in I don't know what to do when I log in. was saying what is the point of new content that only 1% of the player base can even attempt?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    ravenmadd said:

Wasn't asking what to do. as in I don't know what to do when I log in. was saying what is the point of new content that only 1% of the player base can even attempt?

1% is a vast understatement. Plenty of players have the required item level, but are just too lazy or feel pressured by the community to not even try. Yes, it's recommended to form pre-made static groups, but that is true of any MMO.

All new group content, in most games, are usually only available to end gamers, because it's usually the hardest content available. Eventually though, it won't be new content, and thus becomes more widely available and in this game can be completed by random pickup groups. Arguing that new content is only for endgamers is short sighted imo.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I do not see where in your case is exactly the "punishment for the new players". Capped offensive stats, defence, and 500k HP to complement that is dismissed as too much of a hassle by many day 1 or vet players as well.
    And with what you named in the summary you are really far above any new player. =)

btw: There is no need to partake in every experiment devs throw at you. And this trial... is there as an eventuality, once you get bored by flawlessly managing all the other content.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    ravenmadd said:

so basically be content doing old content over and over and over for a small chance at a reward that is not worth anything... got it.

You do the older content for AD to improve your gear and companions so you can hit stat caps for the next bit of content, which is pretty constant rate of gain. If you want more income, play the market. Just like any other MMO, you chase gear and stats and progress through older content to get to the newer stuff.

As far as M19 content goes, they did add other weapon sets that you can grind to be able to do ToMM easier, which will help in getting you closer to Zariel's Challenge. Not to mention the armor upgrades or anything from the episodic content that has yet to be released.
  • ravenmaddravenmadd Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    sigh... 100k a day is a joke... as for playing the market... unless you already have a few million you have no chance any making any AD. I already have most of the gear. 2 rings that are out dated are not going to push me over 20k d and 200k HPs
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    ravenmadd said:

sigh... 100k a day is a joke... as for playing the market... unless you already have a few million you have no chance any making any AD. I already have most of the gear. 2 rings that are out dated are not going to push me over 20k d and 200k HPs

100K per day. 3 million in a month. After 2 months, you have a few millions.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    After the introduction of LoMM into the random queues, I would expect ToMM will eventually be added to the random queues. If so, changes will probably be made. May be when Mod 21 introduces the next craze ToMM will be added to the randoms. I expect Mod 20 will see TIC in the random queues, with a new dungeon as end game. Could be wrong, just my current expectations.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    That is ironic. I am only here once in a few months to do OS testing. I am not affiliated with Cryptic nor do I pay cash money to them. Yet over a very small amount of time, I have made several characters and taken them up to 70 and 80. While I am no where near "best in slot" as they call it, I have to test end game content. I have always been of the opinion it is far too easy to master the game and ramp your level up quickly.

I have spoken to others about this MMO, being the single mouse button attack. A real no brainer, hold down left click and win every battle. Leveling up, just stand by a campfire 15 mins pray to the gods for XP, 30 mins repeat, 45 repeat, 60 repeat, 90 and your done. Not that I sit here all day and watch him just come back 6 times during the day. I will say this much about Cryptic Studios, they are honest about their games being Free to Play. I have never encountered a pay wall anywhere. What are you buying exactly?

I just checked my stats, my oldest character is just over 75 hours old but online for several years. My youngest is 35 hours old and level 72. I do delete my characters from time to time for new testing like back in module 16. I can't really put in the kind of hours you are talking about. I would guess I have played maybe 2 hours in the last week? There is a lot to do in this game that could occupy ones time more than I would ever care to think about.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    The recent change to healing is the only aspect of Neverwinter that doesn't completely and utterly cater to new players anymore, especially in the last almost year and a half of making everything baby proof so i have no idea what you are even referring to when you say * punishment for being new *.

New / casual players have no business being anywhere close to the newest released end game group content ( in this case Zariel's Challenge ) so what state that content is in / what requirements you must meet to attempt it is not relevant to them.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @hotfrostworm said:
    > That is ironic. I am only here once in a few months to do OS testing. I am not affiliated with Cryptic nor do I pay cash money to them. Yet over a very small amount of time, I have made several characters and taken them up to 70 and 80. While I am no where near "best in slot" as they call it, I have to test end game content. I have always been of the opinion it is far too easy to master the game and ramp your level up quickly.
    >
    > I have spoken to others about this MMO, being the single mouse button attack. A real no brainer, hold down left click and win every battle. Leveling up, just stand by a campfire 15 mins pray to the gods for XP, 30 mins repeat, 45 repeat, 60 repeat, 90 and your done. Not that I sit here all day and watch him just come back 6 times during the day. I will say this much about Cryptic Studios, they are honest about their games being Free to Play. I have never encountered a pay wall anywhere. What are you buying exactly?
    >
    > I just checked my stats, my oldest character is just over 75 hours old but online for several years. My youngest is 35 hours old and level 72. I do delete my characters from time to time for new testing like back in module 16. I can't really put in the kind of hours you are talking about. I would guess I have played maybe 2 hours in the last week? There is a lot to do in this game that could occupy ones time more than I would ever care to think about.

Right, right...so tell me... how did you upgrade ur gear? Tell people how u scrimped and saved to buy all the wards necessary to upgrade ALL your equipment to max level. You didn’t do that in 75 hours, I can tell you that...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited July 2020

> @hotfrostworm said:

> That is ironic. I am only here once in a few months to do OS testing. I am not affiliated with Cryptic nor do I pay cash money to them. Yet over a very small amount of time, I have made several characters and taken them up to 70 and 80. While I am no where near "best in slot" as they call it, I have to test end game content. I have always been of the opinion it is far too easy to master the game and ramp your level up quickly.

>

> I have spoken to others about this MMO, being the single mouse button attack. A real no brainer, hold down left click and win every battle. Leveling up, just stand by a campfire 15 mins pray to the gods for XP, 30 mins repeat, 45 repeat, 60 repeat, 90 and your done. Not that I sit here all day and watch him just come back 6 times during the day. I will say this much about Cryptic Studios, they are honest about their games being Free to Play. I have never encountered a pay wall anywhere. What are you buying exactly?

>

> I just checked my stats, my oldest character is just over 75 hours old but online for several years. My youngest is 35 hours old and level 72. I do delete my characters from time to time for new testing like back in module 16. I can't really put in the kind of hours you are talking about. I would guess I have played maybe 2 hours in the last week? There is a lot to do in this game that could occupy ones time more than I would ever care to think about.

Right, right...so tell me... how did you upgrade ur gear? Tell people how u scrimped and saved to buy all the wards necessary to upgrade ALL your equipment to max level. You didn’t do that in 75 hours, I can tell you that...

You don't have to buy ward. If you can't wait, it is a different story. Ward can be farmed directly within the game. His 75 game hours could be spread through 5 years in real time. I have not bought any wards from either Zen store or AH for years. Last time I actually "bought" C-ward was from T-bar store before they removed C-ward from T-bar store years ago. Yet, I have not used even one of those unbound c-ward since. I have about 30 account bound C-wards in bank at the moment. The issue is if you have the patient.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    ravenmadd said:

I'll start off with the basics, I have played a lot of other MMO's and I don't want a game that in 2 months you can be on the same level as long time or day 1 players. Honestly the lack of value most other games give to vet players is astonishing.
    That being said. I have been playing for over 8 Months now. have put a lot of time, effort, and more money then I have ever spent on any other MMO. ( again not a fan of pay to win)
    What I don't see the point of, is with the launch of MOD 19 and the new Trial Zariel's Challenge. I personally do not stand a chance at even attempting due to the stat restrictions. Personally have 3x 15 bonding's, multiple rank 15 enchants, vorpal 14 armor 14 and over 26k IL with 71+ boons. made sure to farm and work to get all my offensive stats to cap , 165k power, 90k AP, crit, acc, 140k combat, and best I can do is 330k HPs with 70k Defense. That would allow me to at best scratch ZC. Now I get I should not be topping dps charts. How ever. what exactly is arc expecting players in my category to do in game?

that took you only 8 months?

*looks at my 4 years of playing with a sad face*

It's ok, I wont be playing with Zariel anytime soon either... I mean, I wouldn't mind the weapons for my DPS, but... really, that would be the only reason to do it....

The game has lost a lot of the fun recently. I'm spending less and less time playing.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

That is ironic. I am only here once in a few months to do OS testing. I am not affiliated with Cryptic nor do I pay cash money to them. Yet over a very small amount of time, I have made several characters and taken them up to 70 and 80. While I am no where near "best in slot" as they call it, I have to test end game content. I have always been of the opinion it is far too easy to master the game and ramp your level up quickly.

I have spoken to others about this MMO, being the single mouse button attack. A real no brainer, hold down left click and win every battle. Leveling up, just stand by a campfire 15 mins pray to the gods for XP, 30 mins repeat, 45 repeat, 60 repeat, 90 and your done. Not that I sit here all day and watch him just come back 6 times during the day. I will say this much about Cryptic Studios, they are honest about their games being Free to Play. I have never encountered a pay wall anywhere. What are you buying exactly?

I just checked my stats, my oldest character is just over 75 hours old but online for several years. My youngest is 35 hours old and level 72. I do delete my characters from time to time for new testing like back in module 16. I can't really put in the kind of hours you are talking about. I would guess I have played maybe 2 hours in the last week? There is a lot to do in this game that could occupy ones time more than I would ever care to think about.

I can answer that question! I am his wife, he "seldom plays" when he has been online he invokes and gains XP from invoking and leveling dungeons. He never upgrades gear to my knowledge, just grabs scraps off the floor. I believe most of his characters are still running old Undermountain gear Neverember gave him with the original rank 8 enchants. Sad to say, yes he can and has done "end game" content, I have seen it, and calls us over-achievers for upgrading our artifacts to mythic and whatnot. The last time I watched him testing the game, I told him to go at least open some Juma bags and get the 1225 armors. He just shrugged and replied, "Why?".
    wb-cenders.gif
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Look up a few videos on how to farm ad.
    There are quite a few resources out there and with a bit of time (even one hour a day) dedicated to farming you should be able to make an extra 150k - 200k a day on top of your daily refine.

Even right now you can craft fireblossom petals and buy watermelon sorbet for an easy 130k a stack.
  • honeya#3882 honeya Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    ravenmadd said:

If you are already as good and well equipped as you claim then you need to join in with training teams. The players who can do it practiced on the preview and learned it. Most of them are willing to teach it because that gives them more players to run with. Ask around for teams or alliances that do training.