test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback to the new Scaling-System

harnrimharnrim Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Hi,

in your post regarding the new scaling you allready said, that it is not finished, but should be better then before. I'm sorry but I can't agree with that. Sometimes for example at the runic encounters in Wyllowwood the scaling seems too harsh. My hunter with IC caps was scaled so badly down, that the enemies defelected my attacks. This is also the case in some dungeons when enemys deflect attacks, cause the cap is not reached anymore.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I noticed the dying a lot more lately. I thought it was just something new I messed up. Glad to know the problem is on their end and not my own.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    sorcio2sorcio2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    yeap same here... getting hit way harder... and now with worst heals its a struggle. they need to tweak it and btw if people take out some gear so they get up scaled instead of downscaled they get better stats... like a guy in my guild not even endgame gear tokk of one ring and got 100k hp xD this is a joke.

• Options
    jefinho380jefinho380 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    For tanks and healers this new scaling is great. Remove half of your gear and see you power reach god-like values. I even have empty-slot builds for different trials.

Way to go, nerftic.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Q: What areas are being affected by scaling, anyone have a list?

I haven't seen my stats drop in PvE zones, so this must only be in the lairs and dungeons?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    cookiewookiee#8732 cookiewookiee Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Go to queues, choose private and enter a dungeon alone. A majority of them now have enemy rating 7k, so you need 57k to cap. Try removing all your gear and see where you end up.

Bikini-armor is a totally viable option now. Its either that or zariel capped at 90k that lets you hit the scaled cap from what I've observed.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    ...they went way to far with scaling...now u get punished very hard for being above the minimum ilvl ..yes the more gear u remove the more stats u get back...well done!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Thanks, maybe I will try that today and see it first hand. However out of modesty, I will wear a fashion outfit. :lol:
    --edit--
    I did this with a Master of the Hunt. I took a quick look at my stats and they were roughly cut by half, removed my armor except gloves and weapons kept my shirt and pants on and jumped up by 15K in many stats. I placed 3rd in pain giver, not that any of that matters.

Before this, I use to tease about removing armor to make the game tougher, but now it has done a 180 and you need more gear to make it tougher. I must be running into something other than scaling, it seems like everywhere I go the mobs are hitting me about 10 to 15% harder than before. I don't mind the added effort.
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    When in scaled content if the IL on your character sheet is blue then you are getting nerfed hard, if you remove gear to get below cap (IL white) then, as noted above, you basically become godlike. Yes, there is something very wrong with the way scaling was implemented.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    If your character's level ever turns blue you're being scaled.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I just did Valindra's Tower, no armor, arm, head, feet or rings and did 25 million dmg, 11 million more than teammates who were wearing gear. Scaling is so very HAMSTER up right now.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    lol when the new bis is nothing in slot.

LFG - all dps, tank - naked pls