test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC: A Hope for Cleric Healing

twidget72twidget72 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2020 in The Temple
I would like to see how other Clerics are handling the changes that we are forced to deal with and what kinds of solutions you have come up with.

Since Mod/Episode 19 launched and the changes that have been made, how is your Cleric doing with healing?

1. What kinds of trouble are you seeing (be specific)?

2. How much of a change have you made to the Encounters used, At-wills used, Class Features and Feats?

3. What kind of Gear/Equipment changes have you made to rearrange stats to improve your healing potential?

4. How is healing working for you since you made these changes? Improved, the same or reduced?

Other posts have been made about how difficult it is to heal now, the nerf to OH, our heals feeling lackluster or nonexistent, DPS classes standing in red or trying to face-tank, the clunky Tab Mechanic...etc.

My hope is that Devout Clerics will come together to find inventive methods and unrealized potential that we can all start sharing to adapt in new ways.

Thank you

Khelgall Deepstone
Khelgall Deepstone
Outcasts of Neverwinter
80 Devout Cleric

Comments

• Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    With regards to gear, the Holy Avenger is more useful now that we don't have to praying all the time, and the extra heals it gives are always useful.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I have not really changed what healing powers I use. I still use the same healing powers in RTQ and other end game content that is not lomm, tomm or any of the new content that I cannot do anyway.

The only thing I know for sure is that using the tab key to heal your marked target seems to be the better option than using soothe at least for me anyway. (except for the long activation it still comes off as a useful extra emergency healing ability)

The powers that I always have equipped in RTQ and epic dungeons since MOD 16(I no longer solo queue REQ with my healer types although the MOD 19 changes probably would have made me stop for awhile anyway.)

Daily: Guardian of Life, Anointed Army (It should be noted that I do use these more often now. I went from never using them to at least 2 or 3 times in any of the RTQ)

Encounter: Gease, Healing Word and Intercession (sometimes Gease is replaced with Exaltation but only when extra healing is needed and for me that would be the Epic Cragmire Crypts boss battle at the end and now I will probably have to do that with other end game content.)

The use of Gease or Exaltation are still simply used as visual timers for when I need to use healing word again.

I have never used Bastion of Health and as far as I know I have never had need of cleansing touch (excluding when I went into ME with other players)

So far those same abilities still seem to work OK for me in tiamat and demogorgon.

At-Wills still just using Scattering Light simply because I have lots of abilities that only procure when I make an attack although
    now when I go into group content I will switch out whatever the other one is for "Blessing of Light" as that has suddenly become much more useful to me with all group content.

Class Features:
    for group content switching out Pilgrim's Light for Overflowing Spirit would seem to be a good move for me as divinity seems to increase back up to full much faster now.

for all content I have switched out Expanded Faith for Hallowed Guide.

If they had provided clerics with a free update feature like was done with warlock:

Feats: Based upon what I have read it looks like I would not have made any change to this:
    Repeated Blessings, Cycle of Prayer, Blessed Armaments, Persistent Guardian and Gathering Light

In terms of boons, the only thing I would change for my boon selection is instead of improving outgoing healing I would put the points into action point gain instead since that is now more useful for me with the changes that have been made.

In terms of stats, I do not know. I currently have Intelligence as my primary with Wisdom and Charisma as my secondaries.
    Primary gets the full 8 point improvement while my 2 secondary stats are improved by 5 points each.

In terms of Equipment and enchantments: no changes have been made to anything I have equipped except that now I have three rank 15 bonding runestones equipped on my DC and I have moved the rank 13 bonding runestones she had to my barbarian toon and have retired his three rank 9 bonding runestones. (I had 2k of those bar thingies and that enchantment gift pack made it possible to make the upgrade a lot sooner)
  • Options
    twidget72twidget72 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    @clericalist

I actually switched out my Vorpal for the Holy Avenger.... helps with small consistent heals and the defensive buff for other players can help some players that have reduced defense stats. I like how it is working. Was doing some insurgencies with some guild mates and was only using the Marked target Tab and scattering light. It really showed how it can work for additional healing procs.

Thank you for sharing.

@melotai

I actually have 2 heals specs: one for Gathering Light and the other for Angel of Light.

Encounters: For Gathering Light load-out
    DIVINE GLOW
    HEALING WORD
    BASTION: as needed for ranged players to maximize the magnitude healing output. (Gathering Light will heal those melee party members for you)

I use INTERSESSION during Acturia. Additionally used for Boreworm or Bosses in TIC as needed.

At Wills:
    Scattering Light: For the same reasons as you.
    SOOTHE

Class Features:
    DESPERATE PRAYERS
    HALLOWED GUIDE

Feats
    REPEATED BLESSING
    CYCLE OF PRAYER
    BLESSED ARMAMENTS
    PERSISTENT GUARDIAN
    GATHERING LIGHT: Unfortunately there is no stated radius but it seems very small... maybe 5-10 feet??)

Dailies
    HALLOWED GROUND
    GUARDIAN OF LIFE: Use this for an uh-oh moment instead of spamming whenever it is up so I am not caught without a daily when actually needing it.

For Boons I kept the Critical Severity and the OH... since this is more for RTQ/REDQ and other dungeons with Guildies.

I went with Wisdom and Dexterity and Charisma split. just to help a little more with Critical severity some additional recharge (may change that up a little).

I did the same thing with trade bars and the freebie stuff that we got. Really made a significant improvement.

Thanks for sharing (got me doing a little thinking about readjusting a little)
    Khelgall Deepstone
    Outcasts of Neverwinter
    80 Devout Cleric
  • Options
    bonbonnnbonbonnn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    1. What kinds of trouble are you seeing (be specific)?
    Using the new mechanic, Mark of Divinity. The Mark is only visible when the target is close. When it's a bit far, about 40', it is covered by the 'Show friendly life'. Then I cannot tell if the Mark is still there or not. This is the most annoying issue for me. Suggestion is to include the Mark to the life bar. eg. Make the life bar border yellow in colour. This way life bar will not cover the Mark. In trial, please hide the other cleric's Mark. If I can have one change to this mod, please change how the Mark is visible to the healer.

2. How much of a change have you made to the Encounters used, At-wills used, Class Features and Feats?
    In mod 19, now I use soothe unlike before.

3. What kind of Gear/Equipment changes have you made to rearrange stats to improve your healing potential?
    Changed Ebonized Scalemail to Dark Ritual Robes

4. How is healing working for you since you made these changes? Improved, the same or reduced?
    Healing is reduced since mod 19.

• Options
    xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    like others i too stopped using my cleric in dungeon, i play the new campaing (in hope of a more brighter future) and the play other classes.

personally i don't like the new mechanics, the split magnitude and the tab, they are horrible.

even without the healing nerf (because it's a nerf, we heal less, my 26,5k dc heal less than my 19k warlock in tiamat) i don't think i would playing right now or in the near future because they robbed me 2 times in 1 year and 4 month (mod 16, and mod 19) of the enjoyment of playing this class
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    i've done some testing, and my thought (based purely on personal liking) on the results are:
    - healing word has a slow animation,
    - bastion of health doesn't heal group while being a aoe heal,
    - intercession is for single target but you can't choose it, and has cooldown, better use bastion (usually player that are dieing run away from party member to die alone, so it might come in handy)
    - astral shield, clunky animation, player evade the shield area (strangely they like to stand in the red and, if you put the shiled under them, they stay out of the shield but still in the red), never used, area too small, heal and buff too low, we can't move while using it (i know there is a feat, but other are more useful)
    - tab, it's a joke i don't like to take part in, it might be usefull on tank, if it stay on or if you can see it,
    - exaltation always on, increase damage, damage reduction, and outgoing healing
    - at will blessing of light (always on) scattering light to deal damage (and with holy avenger give a useful little heal) soothe if i need it (i don't like it so still didn't dould a particular moment that soothe would be usefull, healing word is always on, for single (or 2 traget ) bastion, so where should i use soothe?)
    - daily guardian of fate (it of dps and hot) and guardian of light (nice heals and hot)

but like i said i don't like the mechanics, if before mod 19 the were berable for me, now they aren't; but i stillhope for the better for the class.

right now i have a paladin tank as my main, i hope they will not do the same thing to him too
    reality is what most recognize as true
  • Options
    mommatank#5873 mommatank Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Not sure if this belongs. Hard to find specific issues and cant post myself yet. Since I've been playing my DC on PS4 I notice healers in general aren't given credit on heroics unless they attack several times. Also, large single target heal cant be used on anyone not in my group even if I am targeting them. Quite frustrating in Avernus especially. I do enjoy my cleric but you have to learn to conserve divinity.
  • Options
    crippled#2684 crippled Member Posts: 7 Arc User

I'm handling it quite well. Moved to full-time arbiter (until they nerf it too, of course).

Same. I'm sure many clerics did this. Probably devs thinking that their game has too many healers so they do everything to get rid of them.
    My 21k alt cleric in mod 18 healed more then my 27k main cleric in mod 19. It's not fun to play the game where you feel yourself useless even at endgame.

• Options
    keru#9279 keru Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I have been adapting with the changes. still playing the same way. Still using the same encounter powers.
    The only problem im facing is the Mark. It targets the wrong person no matter how hard you try tagging while in active combat it just doesn't work well for me. And when trying to target the tank or the person with the least MHPs if anyone gets on the way they be getting marked instead.
    There has been a few times where the tank is in the middle, and lets say a Dps is on my far right, im not even pointing at the Dps but he gets the mark or myself but not the tank which is the one im looking at to do the marking...its tedious.
    At some point i just forget about it and just keep using my powers instead. Thats it.
    I truly believe they should rework it bc i dont think that's working properly.
  • Options
    keru#9279 keru Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Maxed Out Cleric but it doesn't properly heal to full. That OH % we have now is way too low.