test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DPS needs to be Balanced

winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited July 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
This needs to be said. They claim one to no healers needed in Tomm and also new trial..here is why, the DPS in this game is too high. If you can steam roll content that fast, its not the healers fault at all its the game allowing for too much power creep. Cut the classes down the same way you did the healers and it should work itself out. The battles will last longer and skill will be needed to avoid the red and if the heals are considered too weak and not enough to keep the party alive, well we know where the issue is and where they would need to be buffed in order to keep the battle going. The healing output in numbers should be higher close to half the dps numbers in output when looking at the charts. The DPS shouldn't be in the hundreds of millions while heals in the thousands. Its pretty simple really. There are of course other methods I am sure mentioned, but this way everyone will be put on equal footing to figure out where the game needs to be balanced and buffed. You could also undo the changes made to healers in the first place to make the game more enjoyable once again or buff them real numbers of benefit than where they are now. Also consider lowering damage output of one shots attacks on mobs since heals can no longer mitigate the damage. You can also consider bringing back life steal as an alternative source of health.
Post edited by winteranesti on

Comments

• Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    The problem there is that the mayority is dps, and if they do that it will be a bigger loss for them.
    That being said, i just let die the ppl that rushes ahead of the tank, stand in front of the boss or don't move when there is a red floor. And don't revive them.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    It has to be done for better good of balancing the classes/game. You can't just kill 50% of the population without considering that the real problem is the burning through content making healing not needed.
  • Options
    regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Still completed tomm last night without issue with OP+DC heals. Biggest difference I seen was heatwave, it's rough with -3.8% incoming healing. And my SW DPS. That I need to figure out on my own tho, I suspect the damage is there but I changed nothing yet since the mod drop. The Barbarians curb stomped me on paingiver XD I got used to ending up in the top 3 on paingiver, last night I comfortably sat in the back seat with the tanks and healers on the support team!

There is such a learning curve that nerfing all DPS isnt' the answer either. Because of the amount of people who fail the mechanics in there in my experience you need a few beast DPSs to carry after deaths. If people get better with mechanics and survive we might even get to use 2 tanks again.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    OK... not sure how you EVEN got your stats but.. DPS is NOT THE PROBLEM. 80-90% of the Dps cannot even FINISH ToMM. There are a FEW select that can. I have been working on my toon for a very long time, I have good DPS, good enough for ToMM but to get 6 DPS that can do it is very tough, not to mention if you don't have REALLY good tanks AND Healers, forget about even finishing P3. I run ToMM 3 times a week and have not gotten past P3. So you have no real clue as to the TRUE state of DPS in this game. We are FAR from OP'd
  • Options
    oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Healing was so over powered it invalidated what little game mechanics there are in a game that has no challenging content outside of one trial that was released 17 Modules in. Being able to completely ignore defensive stats and not having to play mechanics properly or dodge red, DPS players decided we could all just stack damage buffs in every possible gear/companion slot and brain afk race each other on the Paingiver as our only means of entertainment.

Clearly, the solution to this is to lower the damage of DPS characters so that instead of burning everything down with zero strategy * too fast * we burn everything down with zero strategy slower.
  • Options
    j3fferson#1159 j3fferson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Expecting "strategy" from people who can't even avoid a red spot on the ground in order to survive will work quite well in practice, for sure..
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Expecting "strategy" from people who can't even avoid a red spot on the ground in order to survive will work quite well in practice, for sure..

said so scathingly.. if you have the right kind of lag you can get sucked right back into the red circle you just scampered out of you know, happens to me regularly. it's seriously irritating.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    With these changes to healers the brainless DPS (especially from the ECL community) are forced to learn the dungeon mechanics (especially the ones from bosses), forced to work more on their stats to ease the burden of letting it all come from the healers.
    Work on your own personal survival because I see many DPS simply not healing themselves when they out of reach and blaming healers / tanks for their own demise.

I have run TiC and ToMM with different kind of healers and they all said that they just needed to adjust, it's not so hard as many are saying.
    A game with no challanges is no game.

note. ECL stands for Everlasting Complain Legion.
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer