test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post-June Wizard build?

alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
edited July 2020 in The Library
With the latest changes, anyone have a build for a casual player?

I'm just over 20k IL after the reset. Avernus/Juma type gear, Mountaineer weapon set, etc. This is an alt, so I'm not looking for a super-optimized build. Just something fun for playing through campaigns. With the reset, I need to rebuild and I'm curious what folks recommend.

Thanks!
Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
Post edited by alphastream on

Comments

• Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    If you want a build to play solo, i would recommend Vampiric Embrace, BoVa and anything else that gives dmg or if you feel confident, PoP.
    Use the Hellpact feat so your Lifespark can provide a little extra survivavility.
    And Eldirch Blast as at-will.
    This is my solo build and don't have much problems (we have less dps than before tho).
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    I clearly had not had my coffee. I meant "Wizard" but I typed "Warlock."

I'm looking at my Wizard, which was reset with the latest mod. If anyone has a build for a casual 21k-ish IL wizard, I would appreciate it. PvE, for weeklies and going through campaigns.

Thanks!
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Post edited by rev#7881 on
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User

I clearly had not had my coffee. I meant "Wizard" but I typed "Warlock."

I'm looking at my Wizard, which was reset with the latest mod. If anyone has a build for a casual 21k-ish IL wizard, I would appreciate it. PvE, for weeklies and going through campaigns.

Thanks!

Oh thank god, i thought i was getting crazy when i came back and read "wizard" xD

The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    skylantertechskylantertech Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I personally run a Control build for my wizard and have fun with it
    To increase the time of all my control effects I run all mastery insignias and if I want more I run the valindra set

For at wills I use Magic missile and arcane bolt

For encounters I run Ray of enfeeblement on tab for increased damage, Imprisonment for the control and increased damage, Entagling force to stun the enemies while doing a decent amount of damage, then I run disintegrate for a huge burst (normally fire off all other abilities before disintigrate)

I run Ice knife and Arcane empowerment for my dailies, I mainly use arcane empowerment so I can fire off abilities quickly, Ice knife is just there to do quick burst damage.

for features I run Orb of imposition and Arcane power field (Try to get 10 stacks of arcane mastery with a step above mastery before using daily for power field though)

for feats I run Spell twisting, Assailing Force, Chaos Magic, Nightmare Wizardry, and A step above mastery.

Companions really don't matter a whole lot for my build, I recommend getting energon for HP, but I will switch companions all the time, I like using slyblade kobold and Paranoid dellusion powers to increase damage against controlled enemies

This is no where near the BIS build but I have fun being able to keep my party from taking damage, making the healer, tank, and DPS's lives easier
    Howilis
    Founder of Avengers Midwest
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

I personally run a Control build for my wizard

This is no where near the BIS

You are doing good. There was this one guy that used Arcane Singularity in ToMM. Bless his heart and soul.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language