test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I obtain more companions and pets?

Good evening.

I visited the AH today, and was quite disappointed on what we are allowed to put up for sale. I was looking for more companions and pets, other than the ones bought on the merchant, in the Zen store, and through events, from within Protector's.

How do I go about this?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Companions can drop from the end chests in dungeons/trials. These are unbound and can be sold on the AH. You can also get companions to drop from Juma bags in MOD 18 Vallenhas. But these ones are bound.

All the best,

OPTank_
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    The AH has some good companions. Most people use augment just because they give you 100% of their stats. I use this free green companion I got a very long time ago. I spent a lot of AD upgrading him over several months. To get a green to orange, it use to cost you a lot of AD. Since last summer at level 80 they add a new store. Sybella Artis is the woman you met in the Hall of Justice Vaults. At level 80, she returns with a new store that will start selling you companion upgrade tokens for quests.

I assume you mean cost is the issue? There are some companions that will never return to the game, this drives their prices up. I think it was during a charge event, I obtained a paid companion. That companion is now broken and will no longer fight. I cannot recommend Zen store companions to you, when the fail to repair the items they sell. My advice at present, is to get some cheap blue companion from the AH, I have been told the Zhentarim Warlock is pretty good. Once you are at level 80 you should be able to run the Sybella quests and get the upgrade tokens you need to raise the companion to purple and orange.

If you are seeking an augment, there are several in the game. Search for the word "pup" and start with a green, if that is all you can afford. They handed out free augments at an event not long ago. Watch the events. I didn't attend the Anniversary this year, but they normally offer you the Traveling Entertainer for collecting currency. I am still trying to get the Repentant Dragon Cultist from Well of Dragons myself, all you need to do is get the boss to drop the key to his cell. Pig is a companion found at the Summer Festival for collecting a lot of flowers and this event is starting in July.

Angel of Protection is purchased from the Vault of Piety for 360 ardent coins. You get 1 coin a day for invoking the gods, yes it takes you a year to get this one. I recommend you buy it from the AH for 40K. I think they are still running 40K. My good friend and guild mate Wendy Black passes these purple companions out like candy. I would hit her up for one but she left on vacation.

If you already did the Sybella quest in the beginning of the game you should have the bard from her store by now. I don't know far you are in the game but the campaigns offer companions. Dwarven Battlerager from Bruenor Battlehammer in the Maze Engine. Juma's Surprise bag is purchased for questing chaos writings and they drop random companions from green to purple in Avernus.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Good evening.

I visited the AH today, and was quite disappointed on what we are allowed to put up for sale. I was looking for more companions and pets, other than the ones bought on the merchant, in the Zen store, and through events, from within Protector's.

How do I go about this?

Thank you for your time.

There are a lot of companion in AH. However, if you don't know what you are looking for, it may seem there is not many different one. If you don't use the search, you will only see the first 400. Since many people post the same companion, the first 400 will only have a handful of the lowest price companion.

1. set the rank (such as Epic)
    2. Search with a name (if you know the name. e.g. compy).

Almost every type of companion can be found in AH.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I visited the AH today, and was quite disappointed on what we are allowed to put up for sale.

Well, vanity pets cannot be auctioned off as they are character-bound. There are some companions that you may receive bound to character or account, but in general, companions are unbound, and the vast majority of them can be found on the AH. If you are looking for a specific one, you might be able to farm it, but in general, farming for AD, and just buying it is faster.

I really don't understand the problem.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    The other choice is wait for winterfest and do gifting parties. Easy way to earn a bunch of companions as well.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • Options
    regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    The problem with the AH is that it only lists 400 items. If there are 40000 pets listed you only see a small %. You need to search directly for a name of a pet. Ctrl+J brings up collections, you can see pets there. You can also look outside the game in google for information on pets! I use Rainers pocket wiki to figure out what I need/want then I go get it. I'm not linking the pocket wiki here cause I'm not sure if I'm allow to with it being an outside source! I've had my hand slapped before.