test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cowards from Fangbreaker Island

gryzellagryzella Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
edited June 2020 in PvP Discussion
On second wall melting a lot of players hide in cave to avoid trolls aggro. It's annoying when without warning they run and hide in cave and I must fight alone with trolls.

https://imgur.com/a/YduYcEX

Comments

• gryzellagryzella Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    Wrong section of forum it should be in PvE discussion :) .
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    There is nothing you and Cryptic can do about it. If one wants to avoid to fight, they will always find a way to avoid to fight. They can even choose to die and wait. The only solution is to form your own party.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The easy fix is to change the timer to a Trolls Killed Counter. The climb already enforces something like this.

Honestly, I don't remember the cave ever being a challenge and my understanding is that FBI is really easy now. Assuming then that it can't be considered a 'test' necessary to beat the dungeon like a DPS check or what have you, then there isn't a lot reason to spend dev resources changing it.

It's been like this from the earliest days of the game, though. If there is no reason to kill trash mobs, people tend to skip them. The devs only step in when something drastically reduces the run time. Since the whole mechanic is the timer, which is fixed, there doesn't seem like much call for them to even care.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Never fight a battle you do not have to win.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.