test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

question: enchantment balance

xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
i don't really know where to put this, but from streaming, blog and other sources : there is any info about the intention or lack of it to put hands on enchantment (armor and weapon) ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there are a lot of enchantment that have a weak effect making them useless, and other have a nice effect but hard to proc condition:
-feytouched: we can't spam daily anymore, so can we get the faytouched enchantment to proc on encounter like the bronzewood?
-we don't have anymore lifesteal, so can we have that enchantment increase the incoming healing for people healed (for 15 sec)?
-boss can't get controlled, so can we change the frost enchantment into something usefull?
the armor enchantment are the worst, at the moment i have to choose an enchantment for a tank : my only choice is elven battle, that doesn't mitigate damage, or shadowclad, that is usefull only at rank 11.
for dps or healer the only useful one is barkshield for obvious reasons.
-on negation: i'd rather have increased incoming healing and keep all my stack (like pre mod 16), than a heal for 5% hp and losing all my stack; if a 40 damage reduction at 10 stack is overperforming, make it a 30%; plus a 3sec time to receive another hit to keep the stack is too little, make it at least 5-6 and so that we will not lose them al togheter, but one at a time (you get 1 stack per hit, you lose a stack, every 5-6 sec if not hit)
-eclipse, deflection rating is increased by a fixed number, and the stamina will not deplete for 3 sec every 60 sec, weak on every single thing, if making the increase in deflection rating a percentage will overperform this, can we at least have a reduction in cooldown on the stamina effect? like a rank 12 -->60m sec, a rank 13-->40 sec, rank 14-->20 sec.
-you could make the prominence increase with every rank (by 5%, by 10%, by 15%) the barrier erected by healing encounter powers (so good for palaheal and soulweave)
-you could make the plaguefire incerase with every rank (5x, 7x, 9x,) the aggro generated by every attack
-you could make the holy avenger increase with every rank the damage resistance of people healed by your encounter powers
-you could make the dread increase the the magnitude of dot damage ecnounter power by magnitude X, on every tic of the dot (x increase with the rank)
-you could make the fire enchanment increase the damage of ranged power by manitude x (x increase with rank)
-you could make the terror enchantment increase the damage of melee power by magnitude x (x increased with rank)
-you cold make frostbusts increase your melee damage by x% when hit, affect proc every y sec and has a probability of z (x, z increase with rank; y decrease)
-you cold make firebusts increase your ranged damage by x% when hit, affect proc every y sec and has a probability of z (x, z increase with rank; y decrease)
-you could make thunderhead increase your magical (in the meaning of not phisical, so necrotic, arcane, etc) damage by x% when hit, affect proc every y sec and has a probability of z (x, z increase with rank; y decrease)

naturally the effect have to (important condition) not stack on enemies or on player (if i buff myself there is no problem, the problem come in i buff other or debuff boss)
make the enchantment interesting to pick, and not a lot of trash and a godly one (or two) that everyone has to use to make a character work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL,DR
there are a lot of enchantment, but only a few are useful, there is any idea about balancing them from the dev team? are they aware of this disparity?
i even would find interesting if some enchantment are balanced around a spfecific role
reality is what most recognize as true

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Funny. I don't use Barkshield anywhere and all my characters do just fine.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.