test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter's economy

pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
This game needs a reevaluation of how it's economy functions; I understand that most of the decisions about it are aimed at incentivicing the use of the zen store (like the vip thing) but still. The auction house is empty, the zen is overinflated to the point that nobody is selling it, items bound to x are completly arbitrary and inconsistent, all the mechanics and currencies make everything look manipulative and convoluted.
Trading zen for astral diamonds should be a good trade to allow the currency to flow. The process should be buy zen to trade for fast AD to buy what you need, not just get the zen to purchase something; that way it requires the participation of the comunity in order to make better use of them. What's more, refinement points and other currencies should be replaced by AD to increase the consuming of it, increasing it's value and use a bit.
Maybe i'm being too naive about it, i don't know.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,234 Arc User
    1. Auction house is not empty. Not sure what you are looking for.
    2. Zen exchange works and it is moving. Moving slowly though. I have been getting my Zen. It may seem long but it is short for me. When I started, it took 6 months. It took less than a month last time I got my Zen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It would be nice if the Zen store offered more.
    As it is, I get these 50% off coupons, go to the store, and aside from vip or wards, there's not a single thing that I want that I can't get for less in the auction house.

But this is an old story.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

It would be nice if the Zen store offered more.
    As it is, I get these 50% off coupons, go to the store, and aside from vip or wards, there's not a single thing that I want that I can't get for less in the auction house.

But this is an old story.

Can you get 5x rank 15 enchantment cheaper in AH? If they are in your "dont't want", you can sell it to double the profit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    When i say the AH is empty i don't mean literaly. I mean it's used more as a garbage dump for useless items to get some minor AD, not for actual good trades.
    The zen market moves, it just does it very slowly. The big issue is that there's no incentive to sell zen (and no waiting 2 months to get a couple of coins isn't "moving")
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    pprandom said:

When i say the AH is empty i don't mean literaly. I mean it's used more as a garbage dump for useless items to get some minor AD, not for actual good trades.
    The zen market moves, it just does it very slowly. The big issue is that there's no incentive to sell zen (and no waiting 2 months to get a couple of coins isn't "moving")

I got 3000 Zen with less than a month (posted on May 1, got it on May 28th) last time.
    Reading the queue size alone does not tell you if it is moving or not.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    As long as players can't buy low and sell high, there has to be room for improvement. It's too bad that pc players don't get to take advantage of fluctuations in the exchange that console players experience. But maybe they're heading in that direction?

Zen exchange works and it is moving. Moving slowly though. I have been getting my Zen. It may seem long but it is short for me. When I started, it took 6 months. It took less than a month last time I got my Zen.

This is encouraging. I wonder if the backlog will continue to diminish as is, or if that drop has already leveled out.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This is just my opinion and if you don't like it, bite me! :lol:

If it was Cryptic's decision, I am sure the economy would be better balanced. Unless someone official at Cryptic states otherwise I am almost certain they have very little say in this matter. Zen is a PWE thing. The cash (your cash) goes to China, and is sent back in paychecks and budget for Cryptic, after they take their cut. That usually how subsidiaries work in the corporate world.

IF PWE and Zen could be done away with altogether, and Cryptic was freed, then they could offer the player multiple stores and markets, a cash store, gold store, and an AD store. They could do away with the Zax and combine the stores together and have multiple pricing. VIP and some services would be cash only items. The rest could be purchase by playing the game and picking up AD and gold.

As I typed that, I could hear some freemium players whine... "But it will be pay to win without the Zax!". No cash players could then buy items for cash, like VIP and offer them AH to the freemium players and grinders. There would be no way to place a cap, the cap would be supply and demand. The AH itself would become the new Zax market. But this will never happen, PWE is large and in charge of finances. I think Cryptic might have some freedom of setting prices in the Zen market, but again, I am not 100% sure.

Basically you can complain all year long about the Zax backlog, the inflation of the items in the AH, or prices in the Zen store. The company you want to address that letter to is Perfect World Entertainment and not Cryptic Studios.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    Not true, I usually use the AH every few months to buy items in the 1.5 to 2 million price range. Would probably happen more often but the 100k limit is very limiting and really puts a halt to character progression when it comes to certain items.

The only reason I am not spending any AD in AH now is because I made a private guild for myself and it will probably take me until August to unlock the last two repositories.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    pprandom said:

What is garbage to you may be treasure to the person that does buy it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @melotai#0794 I also use the AH to buy and sell often. What I mostly do is buy current items that are in a bidding war, bank the items and sell the items at a later date. I have no idea what the OP means by "empty". My banks are 4 guilds I have with 2 panes each unlocked. I have found it a cheaper method than just one banking guild. I just blew through roughly 3 million AD filling them up and I am down to 2 million AD in the bank. I need to replenish for the arrival of module 19's loot box. After a week or two a lot of those will be opened and items dumped into the AH dirt cheap. A good example of what I mean is this "Abyssal Chicken" companion. I am being told by players, it is a great companion, yet they are selling for 12 to 14K? I never bought an epic so cheap! This is an event companion, it probably will never return. I will wait and sit on my chickens and see what hatches. I would have expected to see them for 200K and if they were augments 500K. But I am betting they will be in that range 6 months from today.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options

As long as players can't buy low and sell high, there has to be room for improvement. It's too bad that pc players don't get to take advantage of fluctuations in the exchange that console players experience. But maybe they're heading in that direction?

Zen exchange works and it is moving. Moving slowly though. I have been getting my Zen. It may seem long but it is short for me. When I started, it took 6 months. It took less than a month last time I got my Zen.

This is encouraging. I wonder if the backlog will continue to diminish as is, or if that drop has already leveled out.
    I don't know what you mean by players can't buy low sell high. People does that all the time. You don't see it does not mean it does not happen. Players won't advertise what they are doing because of competition.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @plasticbat, I should have been more specific, but I was referring to the pc Astral Diamond exchange not the Auction House.
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on