test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Skirmish/Dungeon/Etc. Time Locks

oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
I do a lot of skirmishes and one thing I noticed was that out of 10 you could get like 5 - 7 rounds of one skirmish or something like I played Throne of Dwarven Gods 7 times and few in a row even maybe - lol - but you get the picture - There should be like a Timer that keeps track of the dungeons/skirmishes and locks out just finished ones for maybe 30 minutes or an hour - lol - IDK what would be a good time but I think you will be able to understand it - this means you get to play more various ones - or maybe make it an option! For those who like that type of random playing - I had a headache after a few rounds of Throne lol! Thanks

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited June 2020

I do a lot of skirmishes and one thing I noticed was that out of 10 you could get like 5 - 7 rounds of one skirmish or something like I played Throne of Dwarven Gods 7 times and few in a row even maybe - lol - but you get the picture - There should be like a Timer that keeps track of the dungeons/skirmishes and locks out just finished ones for maybe 30 minutes or an hour - lol - IDK what would be a good time but I think you will be able to understand it - this means you get to play more various ones - or maybe make it an option! For those who like that type of random playing - I had a headache after a few rounds of Throne lol! Thanks

It is because you picked random queue. If you want a particular one, you can choose to do that one instead of random but you won't get RQ rAD. Random queue is NOT exactly random.

It means you allow yourself to be a filler of the group. If the groups love to do a particular dungeon, you will be the filler for that dungeon. The idea of RQ is to put people to the incomplete group randomly.

If you want more randomness, set up your own full party to joint RQ.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I would guess that if your getting alot of the same skirmish it's because someone is farming that particular one and the guys who queue random are filling the spots in his party
  • Options
    I know it's random lol - but what I mean is, after finishing a round, there's a time out b4 that random location can be run again to prevent too many repetitions - like prophecy of madness - it's really madness! lol
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I know it's random lol - but what I mean is, after finishing a round, there's a time out b4 that random location can be run again to prevent too many repetitions - like prophecy of madness - it's really madness! lol

I don't think you get it. You were doing Random Queue. You were not doing Random dungeon. Random queue is not random dungeon. It is putting you to fill a random group which may intentionally choose to do a particular dungeon. If all these existing groups are doing the same one, you will do the same one every time unless you do the RQ with a pre-make all fill party.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    > @oktlryk#2717 said:
    > I know it's random lol - but what I mean is, after finishing a round, there's a time out b4 that random location can be run again to prevent too many repetitions - like prophecy of madness - it's really madness! lol

If a member of your party is farming pom, and you are farming random skirmish and you both re queue at the same time when you complete your instance you will most likely be grouped up with them again and get pulled into another pom.

If this happens try waiting 5-10 minutes before requeing to try and get matched with a different party, or just select the skirmishes that you want to do instead of random (the wait time is usually similar with the skirmishes anyways)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Well those who think I'm confused about random - don't bother answering! I'm not confused - u don't understand what I suggested - so just let it be lol - I'm a programmer, I know what I suggested
    Post edited by oktlryk#2717 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Well those who think I'm confused about random - don't bother answering! I'm not confused - u don't understand what I suggested - so just let it be lol - I'm a programmer, I know what I suggested

What you don't understand is the real reason why random queue was created (which I have been against before RQ was introduced). The real reason is not about giving you random dungeon. The real reason is making you a filler to the existing party. You get reward as a filler with the price of losing your preference of dungeon including randomness of dungeon.

What you need to suggest is to ask them to change their directive (like I did many years ago but that was not popular). That is why I refused to do RQ since.
  • Options
    Well this is about too many repetitions when you queue - lol - not what type of randomness - like filling can be put into a time out for that dungeon for that character - know what I mean? You will be prevented from filling for a dungeon that was just played - won't hurt the queue trust me - maybe u won't get into one if the queue isn't filled but whatever right, as long as it's not the prophecy of madness again!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    If they implemented something like what you're asking, most likely you'd end up locked out of the queue for 30 minutes. They'd find some way to make it trip over the leaver penalty.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    But you'd queue for another dungeon! Like skip - it's like skip this dungeon, I've been in there at least 20 minutes ago - or something like that - works on a dungeon 2 dungeon level
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    The leave penalty applies a 30 minute lockout to your account where you cannot queue for randoms at all.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    OK so you didn't understand at all lol - don't worry - I'm not keeping score - but rest assured it's not about whatever you think it is
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    When you join a random dungeon Q you agree to go where Cryptic needs to fill in bodies in exchange for AD. If you do not like where they are sending you, don't do the random Q.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The idea suggested here would make sense and could most likely work out but the problem with that is how the random ques work. Example lets assume that you ran completed maddness so your locked for lets say an hour and you que up to run another. Now lets assume many are qued for maddness and not enough for others so a party can not be made. This would result in you waiting a entire hour and then getting maddness. The idea is good but it is flawed and may not work as good as you are thinking it would.
  • Options
    Actually you'll just have 'skip dungeon' toggled - so when they queue the dungeon you won't be polled - LoL!
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Actually you'll just have 'skip dungeon' toggled - so when they queue the dungeon you won't be polled - LoL!

Disallowing you to skip dungeon is the exact core of Random Queue. It is to force people to do the dungeon they may not want to do. That is the reason when you leave the dungeon they give you 30 minutes penalty for the whole account. This was debated for a long time before RQ was live. Many alternatives were suggested. If they wanted to change it, they would not have the current RQ.

I refused to do RQ for this principal. Some left the game because of that. May be you should stop doing RQ too.
  • Options
    It works in the queue itself - b4 going inside the dungeon - so the penalty wouldn't be active yet
  • Options
    edited June 2020

It works in the queue itself - b4 going inside the dungeon - so the penalty wouldn't be active yet

The basic principal is to disallow you to skip, disallow you to avoid the dungeon you don't like. The penalty is just part of the enforcement.
  • Options
    This way, you don't run the same dungeon too many times if you're random farming - lol - it doesn't let you pick (but why not? lol) - it just skips dungeons 'already run in the past few minutes' - that's about non-repetition not selective skip (but again, why not have selective skip too? lol) - cheers! I guess anymore regarding penalties would be irrelevant at this point - so save us the post lol (no harm intended) - l8er