test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A change to tiamat that should've happened a LONG LONG time ago...

dixonyu#2725 dixonyu Member Posts: 79 Arc User
Because no one likes to get on mics and chat on Xbox ... And assumes everyone has done this and knows their roles, even though it says new player in instance.

Why not just make it so that it assigns a relic to each person , or only two relics can be picked up ....

BOOM !!! Most the confusion , and issues with tiamat , done !! Just like that , easy solution and simple .

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Assign a gem to a player, then what? They still have to know when and how to use them. If the player is interested, he will ask and maybe someone will take the time to explain. Or maybe they can learn on their own after a few runs. As for the rest of the disinterested players, shoving a gem to them won't do much.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Why not set it up so that each party has to go to a specific cleric?
    Why not set it up so that the game starts choosing what powers and when?
    At what point do you decide that removing player choice is actually a good thing?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    guilds that take on baby players need to train them. now that they've made all old content much harder unless you know tactics. honestly if they NEED to go this route which I very much am against, then they need to make training courses for each dungeon and trial because most people don't want to bother with training the noobs on ancient content. they haven't made the game better by making all old content take forever to run for rewards that are 5 years old. it's not fun for the new people. it's not fun for the old people. trying to teach the new people is like pulling teeth. not enough people play to get full groups for trials now in guild/alliance (and I'm in one of the largest ones) so you end up having to take a few randos with you... it's all just very poorly done and thought out imo. they need to take out scaling.

I've been running random trial for my baby guild for shards and it's a mess. I wasn't running it before i got my baby guild. the two chars I run most often are still in the big alliance/guild. I won't even touch the dungeons. I've done it twice and never again. but even the random trial can be BAD. like OMG bad. when I am in a run I try to teach mechanics sometimes they listen most times they ignore.

Rn I'm trying to recruit with the pull that I will train people on older content and they don't seem interested. the one bite I've gotten so far was more interested in how evolved the gh was. (like that matters if you dont know how to run the content... ? lol. imo it's a problem.

most guilds aren't training new people on old stuff because they are focused on the new stuff. (and most aren't ready for that yet anyway but.. ) even in my alliance (for the baby guild) some of the other guild leaders are like be sure to teach them this or that with no offers to do it themselves where their people need it.

how many of these new people are just going to quit the game after getting yelled at run after run or kicked and they don't know why they were kicked.. just those meanies. I think maybe they don't see the chat or something where people are trying to explain what to do.. or can't read.. but anyway.. the state of the random que is not healthy atm.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Let's also be fair, asides being overgeared...

Even if you were level 70, there's still no challenge , it's a DPS fight, like most and all you need to do is coordinate 2 people per head to drop relics . The adds in this game are a joke, especially this fight . Don't need to be tanked, DPS can handle the dmg of adds , they don't do any CCs , not that we could really cc or can reliably target an important add on console . None heal, none do massive damage. Even tiamat hits like a sissy , there's no need to be scared of pulling aggro.

This goes for most fights or adds...

Then with res scrolls and health stones, it breeds of a bad habit of, who needs healers ? Especially in content like insurgencies, where if tanks/healers stayed in the middle , and dps just pulled there instead of running circles around the outskirts, or relying on AD/zen.

you clearly aren't playing in actual random ques. with people who do not know how to balance stats or even wipe their own bottoms. I've seen many fails and many max time runs of all content. even after the nerf to codg with several end gamers present I've seen over half the lobby just leave. they need to either make it all level 80 content (best choice) or get rid of scaling. right now to clear it you do need to do mechanics. you cannot just by pass them. and the vast majority don't care about that and won't be bothered to learn or even read the text in game of others saying things like purple only, or don't aoe the skull. No one wants to take the time to learn. and fewer still want to take the time to teach. the only reason I'm running at all is because I'm basically singlehandedly levelling up a gh. I have two toons in an end game guild/alliance. I run those two toons every day in alliance. no sweat. my other toons are not so well geared themselves but better than most of the others you see in random ques. it's painful enough that I don't run those every day for the quest anymore. that lasted just a couple days. way too painful to actually run with randoms.