test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric's Searing Javelin

sharkmythsharkmyth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hello, this is kinda random but can we change searing javelin's ability from a point a click ability to a ground aoe? Still a line but just not point and click. The best reference I can think of is dreadnaught's daily ability shockwave where he smashes the ground in front of him in a straight line. In my opinion it would feel SOOOOOO much smoother to play cleric if this change were to go though. A lot of enemies like to blink around a lot and your aoe can sometime get sent in the wrong direction and not hit anything or only hit one guy.

Comments

• Options
    thebolshe#1045 thebolshe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I hope the adress it every week when they release patch notes
  • Options
    agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Are you being serious? DC are already top notch DPS whether aoe or single target. If you’re not, you aren’t playing the way it should be.

Those are the downsides of the class, you need to master it in a way with the right build in order to be top DPS.

Your javelin didn’t hit the bulls eye? Sorry for that, try again, aim better next time. Don’t ask for it to be aoe autopilot shoot
  • Options
    originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Are you being serious? DC are already top notch DPS whether aoe or single target. If you’re not, you aren’t playing the way it should be.

Those are the downsides of the class, you need to master it in a way with the right build in order to be top DPS.

Your javelin didn’t hit the bulls eye? Sorry for that, try again, aim better next time. Don’t ask for it to be aoe autopilot shoot

I think you may have misunderstood, javelin is currently autopilot, it locks on to your target. OP wants to change it into a manual aiming AoE.

Personally, I disagree, javelin is more smooth in it’s current state, since you don’t really need to aim it like you would with daunting light.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I too would like for it to manual target, similar to Wizard's lightning encounter. There are too many times when the auto targeter targets a mob that charges across your field of vision and throws off the aim.
  • Options
    agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @originalsin#4257 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think you may have misunderstood, javelin is currently autopilot, it locks on to your target. OP wants to change it into a manual aiming AoE.
    >
    > Personally, I disagree, javelin is more smooth in it’s current state, since you don’t really need to aim it like you would with daunting light.

It’s autopilot on a single target, not aoe, that’s what I meant. I understood OP frustration - you throw your javelin to hit several targets, but you hit one because the rest mobs behind happened to move.

That’s why you need to shoot in the right time when you position correctly. You know, try to do some strategy there, not just smashing the buttons.

I agree too, I like the way it is and it feels quite smooth to me
  • Options
    thebolshe#1045 thebolshe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It's not the change of direction that is frustrating for me. It's the fact that in a group with other dps's, when you aim at a group every other time your target dies and the spell cancels. You can't really be top notch DPS if you can't finish your spellscast half of the time
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    i would something like this for tanks power. Why i can't aggro everything from '80 distance? And MOST of tanks aggro is ~40. for example if you lose the Boss aggro you need to stay close to him for tanking.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"