test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please devs consider these changes for the neglected (mocked lol) whisperknife players

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
Getting straight to the point, this path is neglected, but i am still a dedicated whisperknife player, so please take can a dev or a bunch of devs look at it and improve it.

Shadowy Disappearance puts you into stealth for 1.5 seconds, meaning you leave stealth when that time has elapsed. The class feature Advantageous Position says, "When you leave stealth you have combat advantage for 5 seconds", but this does not happen with Shadowy Disappearance. It's little changes like this that will make the path better. Shadowy Disappearance is my favourite encounter, it's my flawed bread and butter. Also a little bump in magnitude from 250 to 275.

Shuriken Toss, a good ranged attacked, but needs either a small bump in magnitude or an effect applied to the ricochet hits.
Some ideas:

Ricochet hits have a 5% chance to daze for 1.5 seconds
Ricochet hits have a 10% chance to do an extra 10 magnitude damage
Ricochet hits apply DoT. Target takes 3% more damage from range/melee for 3 seconds
Ricochet Hits cause the target to take 5% more damage for 5 seconds
Just a few ideas

Disheartening Strike(DS): remove it, replace it, make Shuriken Toss the bread and butter of distant ranged, because no has both Shuriken and DS, it's too slow, too weak, impractical to how enemies attack in mobs etc. Replace DS with another At-Will and DS is never used.

Daily power Killing Storm, no one uses it, it's really not very good, it's a wasted slot. Here is an idea for a daily AoE attack that might see more use.
Basically you dash behind enemies like the Deft Strike encounter up too X number of targets with X range dealing X damage swiftly. Apply Effect:

Stealth, triggered on first hit for 5 seconds(as this would trigger combat advantaged adding to the dailies usefulness).
Stealth for 2 seconds after last hit.
Each target hit is dazed for 1.5 seconds(this helps groups out).
Apply DoT on each target hit
Movement speed is increased 15% for 6 seconds after last target hit.
Stealthed,(if you're in stealth when you trigger the daily). Add 50% more critical severity.

Talisman Of Shadows:Up it's effect to 1.8seconds at least. Good feature, to short to see or use the effect.

Vengeance's Pursuit, Impact Shot, Shadow Strike. All these would fit nicely in the assassin path, but whisperknife is regarded and played and the more AoE path(i say that but no one does as Assassins path pretty much does both and some say better). Could the whisperknife path lose one of these and have a more AoE attack instead. Quickly on that note, you wouldn't even need to completely remove/replace encounters etc, just have a little dropdown box when hovered over that has the option to use the OG encounter., same for the daily i said no ones uses, keep it in a dropdown box for anyone who would want to try it, just an idea.

As for the feats, they're kinda okay, a bit of tweaking is needed, but as i am not a designer developer i wouldn't know or even dare to mess about with that feature part as the feats parts are very cleverly thought out and designed, but i feel the whisperknife feats need a tweaking, but as i said, to me the feats are a complicated mechanic to balance and create right, so i won't insult the devs by even attempting to put some opinions on what to change/add/tweak for the feats.

Just a few ideas. I have asked YouTubers who focus on Neverwinter about will the whisperknife get changes for mod 19, they all reply, "unlikely, the whisperknife has been neglected/abandoned pretty much since launch". So i hope a dev gets to see this, laughs at my bad designs idea's, but then goes and tells the team to have a look at the path and tweak it in a more applicable and professional way than my ideas as a non game developer.

Comments

• Options
    flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 56 Arc User

WK does not need massive updates, learn how to play it.
    That said you may have a different way of playing it and I encourage all to play however you want, just asking not to complain about a class that its dps is more than fine if you play it right (or as I know how to play). Anyone that doubts this I am more then happy to prove otherwise in game.

About the only thing it can use is a bump to its at wills.
    Cloud of Steel and Shurken Toss can both use a little bump (and boost in speed).

Some tips:

I see for one you do not even mention SoD which is its bread and butter.
    I see you don't (appear) to be using Gutternborn another bread and butter.

Hateful Knives and Lurker's are the only dailies you need. (use them properly in your SoD window for more dps)

Also wear WK gear and stop trying to recycle your assasin gears (ring of sharp-shooter, gold plated ring for example)
    (maybe you are I dunno but if your complaining about its dps i have to assume not)

Shadow Dis (and several other skills/powers/dailies) is not usable(and a fair point on your side).
    Your 3 powers 99% of the time should be Shadow Strike, Blitz and Lashing (VP optional but not my taste).
    (there are case for swapping Blitz out on single target bosses, but I do not bother cause the net gains are small and I just luv Blitz too much)

Rotations and things are a little more complex and I am not getting into that detail here anyways.
    If you want help whisper me in game.

Your friendly neighborhood (super fail) WK
    Flecia